Best replacement program?

BladeZ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Yeah yeah I know, it's stupid to buy these but here me out. Last year I bought THREE DS Lite's and each one had a different type of failure (dead pixels, bad mic, bad touchscreen) I was able to exchange them each time, and transfer WFC settings, but then I gave up and just went back to using my Blue DS.

Now, if I get another Lite, I want a no questions asked replacement policy. Which stores offer them AND ACTUALLY follow through with the promise of a replacement should I have a problem??

Thanks....

i believe costco is universally revered as the end-all champion for returns and exchanges, though i thought i read recently they may be moving to limit electronics a bit

Best Buy was decent to me when I swapped out my first PS2 for the replacement. They plugged it in, it had the same problem in store that it had for me at home, they said 'go get another one'. Thing is, their plans go by the cost of the item, so the more it costs, the more the replacement plan costs.

$300=$50 for a RP
$150=$20 " " "

So, with a DS Lite being ummm, how much is one anymore? $129ish, right? It should cost $20 for a 2 year extended warranty plan from them.

I would go with walmart, they have a 90 day return on video game systems, as long as you keep your reciept. They also won't hassle you into buying extra stuff to go with your system. I would imagine they would only exchange the defective item for an identical item but thats what you want anyways right? Of course its walmart too so you might get your payment refunded as well and just told to go back to electronics to buy yourself a new system. If its anything like walmart here they just take your item, your receipt and do the refund in record timing without asking you any questions just to keep the return line moving.

I second best buy. My 360 started having problems where the tray would keep popping back out and they exchanged it immediately and even told me it was still under microsoft warranty. I forgot to bring in the controller but they didn't care so I even got an extra controller out of it which was worth the $50 I paid for it right there.

I usually buy things at Best Buy, and I've never had trouble returning them. My first DS had a stuck pixel after a week, so I boxed it back up, went in to the store, grabbed a new one off the shelf, went to customer service and said "Hi, this DS has a stuck pixel, I'd like to exchange it for this one." No problems at all.

I had a Product Replacement Plan from there once on a cell phone, which was pretty handy. Four days after I switched service providers, the phone turned itself on with a garbled screen, and would not turn off unless I removed the battery. So I got a voucher back for the original price of the phone. Since I had just been planning on selling it, this worked out very nicely.

Yeah, I've sort of been boycotting BestBuy for a while. I spent all my rewardzone points and haven't gone back. I'm still interested in a plan where I can bring the DS back AFTER 90 days. For instance, my friend ruined his touch screen due to too much EBA. If that happens, I want a new one, thats it.

I bought one at BJ's today because they also have a pretty liberal return program, but then I realized I overpayed horrifically and brought it back. $169 for the DS + Sk8land and Space Invaders. How do two budget titles and a forced bundle equal good savings?

I think i'll just hold off on a new color DS or maybe the rumored redesign.

The Nintendo 1 Year Warranty with their systems is great, I had a dead pixel problem and they fixed it at no charge, paid for shipping and everything. Then my other DSlite's L button stopped working, once again they fixed it free of charge, I just had to hold off playing for about a week, not bad imo. Worth a shot to look at the manufacturer's warranty.

I recently bought a DS and tried to do a little research on the replacement programs available. I eventually decided on Best Buy as there were several excellent outcomes. Luckily i havent had a problem yet, but i have only had it for a little over a month so far. BTW it cost me $20 for the replacement program good for 2 years. The way they explained it to me which might not be worth much is if the screen gets all scratched or anything goes wrong just bring it in and well switch it out for you. Guess in 2 years i might find out assuming i have no problems :) knock on wood...

bread's done
Back