Best RPGs, Puzzle, and Action games on PSP?

dragoon99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Just looking for some suggestions since I'm late to the PSP game.
For RPGs I'm more interested in 2D JRPGs, or any 3D one's that don't have ugly battle graphics. Japanese import games are welcome too.

Games I'm planning to play play Persona 3 Portable, 30 Second Hero, Corpse Party, Metal Gear Series, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy IV complete collection. Not much else decided on.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first two Disgaea games are on there, if that floats your boat. I'm pretty sure Jeanne D'arc is on there too, which I really enjoyed.

Jeanne D'Arc is really good. Disgaea is too much grind for me, but that's for you to decide. They are very solid titles.

Don't forget about Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together

Valkyria Chronicles 2 is superb, highly recommended. A lot of people have been saying good things about Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (TitS).

PSPs also play PSone games via the PSN. So you can get classics like Xenogears and Final Fantasy and Vagrant Story and more for pretty cheap, too. They can be loaded directly to your memory card.

(As an aside: DJ Max series is an awesome rhythm series with great music and addicting gameplay. Recommended. It's why I own a PSP!)

I'll name a few more that I didn't see mentioned. My list isn't nearly comprehensive by any means, but I listed the ones I own that I'd recommend to anyone interested in those genre. These should keep you busy. ;)

RPG's
Valkyrie Profile
Brave Story: New Traveler (one of the nicest looking PSP games)
Y's (any of them)
Devil Summoner (import)
FF Tactics (PS1 version is better, but this one is fine too)
FF IV Complete Collection

Action
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
God of War (both of 'em)
Pursuit Force Extreme Justice (a guilty pleasure of mine)

Puzzle
Patchwork Heroes (D/L only, but one-of-a-kind and awesome)

bread's done
Back