Best Seasons of the X-Files

michaema

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I currently have all the mythology sets and really enjoy the x-files. However now I want more, and im not sure which ones to get. What do you guys think are the best seasons to get? Im looking at maybe picking up 1 or 2 seasons.

Thanks for the help

thanks for the input

BTW the only ones im looking to avoid are the seasons that start pushing Doggett and phasing out mulder.

The last 2 seasons are not so good compared to the rest of them (though there are a bunch of great episodes scattered about).

[quote name='michaema']
BTW the only ones im looking to avoid are the seasons that start pushing Doggett and phasing out mulder.[/quote]

Season 8 and 9 is when Doggett is brought in but you then miss out on the mythos but you said you already have those.

But there is some good Doggett episodes.

Season 8:

Roadrunners
Salvage

Season 9:
Daemonicus
John Doe
Hellbound
Audrey Pauley
Jump The Shark
Sunshine Days

[quote name='fart_bubble']Season 8 and 9 is when Doggett is brought in but you then miss out on the mythos but you said you already have those.

But there is some good Doggett episodes.

Season 8:

Roadrunners
Salvage

Season 9:
Daemonicus
John Doe
Hellbound
Audrey Pauley
Jump The Shark
Sunshine Days[/quote]

Isn't "Jump the Shark" the Lone Gunmen episode they never got to make because Fox canceled ANOTHER good show?

Seasons 3 and 4 I'd say. But only because the myth arc really gets going then. If you already know the story, then you might want some of the later seasons for the more eccentric episodes that are well-done.

[quote name='michaema']I appreciate all the input, and i have decided to get seasons 6 and 7. Im sure they will be great...[/QUOTE]
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
seasons 1-5 of the x-files are awesome. after that the show went to shit. i'll give you a little history, if you're interested. after season five they did the x-files movie (which some people love and some people hate. i really liked it). for seasons 1-5 they did all their filming in canada and the pacific northwest, but after that, at the behest of duchovny, they moved the show to los angeles... and the show started to suck. i guess everyone has there opinion on this matter, and that is mine; season 1-5 are the ones to get.

[quote name='raregamergirl']four and five are the best in my opinion. five was my favorite. it was great also how the movie actually fit in with the series :)[/QUOTE]
i totally agree.

6 and 7 are my personal favorites, but a lot of people point to 3, 4 and 5 as the best. Season 5 is worth picking up for Bad Blood alone.

Speaking of X-Files in general, I prefer episodes which deal with a single issue/paranormal activity per episode -- I find myself lacking interest in the whole Fox Mulder/alien ongoing saga throughout the seasons.

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']nooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
seasons 1-5 of the x-files are awesome. after that the show went to shit. i'll give you a little history, if you're interested. after season five they did the x-files movie (which some people love and some people hate. i really liked it). for seasons 1-5 they did all their filming in canada and the pacific northwest, but after that, at the behest of duchovny, they moved the show to los angeles... and the show started to suck. i guess everyone has there opinion on this matter, and that is mine; season 1-5 are the ones to get.[/quote]

I was trying to decide between season 5 - 7 I wanted to avoid the 1 - 4 simply because i have the mythology sets and I believe 3 & 4 make up a large part of that. I am interested in the history thanks. I may have to reconsider and pick up 5 and 6 or 5 and 7 :)

[quote name='6669']Are the first seasons cheaper than the rest? I know DDD.com just had a BOGO free like a month ago.[/quote]

Im not sure, but currently bestbuy.com has seasons 1- 9 for 19.99 a piece, which really isnt bad almost the same as BOGO at DDD except tax and maybe shipping(not sure about in store pickup)

[quote name='javeryh']Isn't "Jump the Shark" the Lone Gunmen episode they never got to make because Fox canceled ANOTHER good show?[/quote]

They made it but yeah, it was supposed to be an episode of Lone Gunmen.

bread's done
Back