best site to put your blu-ray movie collection on

well.. it's not a site.. but i like this simple program to list my blu-rays or whatever..

www.collectorz.com

you can save in .xml / .html and post it anywhere... it gathers all information from imdb/amazon with pics and stuff.. it finds the "blu-ray" releases too so you get all the legit information... thought it was nice 'cept for the damn registration fee..sigh.

I've been using DVDaf. Does anyone know if any of these sites let you add vhs movies to your list? I have a about 100+ I collected before dvds. It would just be nice to be able to add them to the collection.

[quote name='Punisher0587']I've been using DVDaf. Does anyone know if any of these sites let you add vhs movies to your list? I have a about 100+ I collected before dvds. It would just be nice to be able to add them to the collection.[/quote]

dvdspot will not accept VHS tapes, although it does allow you to setup your own filters... so you COULD make a list of the DVD equivilent, call it your "VHS tape" list, and access it like that.

[quote name='opterasis']I use dvdaf.com but everyone seems to be switching to dvdspot.com lately.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i've been thinking about switching, but i have over 700 movies so i'd lose an entire day doing it... bah.

[quote name='TallGuyMe']dvdspot will not accept VHS tapes, although it does allow you to setup your own filters... so you COULD make a list of the DVD equivilent, call it your "VHS tape" list, and access it like that.[/quote]

Thanks a lot. I just might do that.

dvdaf won't send me the confirmation email for signing up, and there's no email address to send them questions like this.

DVDSpot, not a single problem.

I use DvdProfiler.

http://www.invelos.com/

I think I paid $20 for the perpetual license a few years ago but it was worth it for me to keep track of them all. I suppose it depends how anal you are and how many DVD's you have.

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']nice. just wasted 45 minutes adding my blu ray collection.[/QUOTE]

It took my 2 and a half hours to do my entire dvd/hd dvd/blu-ray collection the other day.

dvdspot is my fav. I do still use dvdaf for specific collections (all my anime)

and to the person who said "what are these sites? Ways to brag about your collection" i respond

INDEED!

for music I use www.rateyourmusic.com

For books I use www.listal.com which also does music and dvds and such just be warned it's region 1/2 only I believe. But it's great because if the item isn't listed you can just use amazons code to put it into their system instantly. Also gives you stats like favorite authors and such (I only use for books).

dvdspot is definitely the better free site compared to dvdaf...easier to manage your collection because of the filters....

My question is,whats the best free VIDEO GAME collection site.....ign and gamespot ever have pictures of import or limited U.S games,and the only place I found with a great database (RFGen) has no pictures....

Any suggestions?? I may make a thread about this in the video game section....hmmm....

[quote name='stevez0r']Ok, how come no one has said IGN?[/quote]

Because ign sucks for dvd collections and isn't even that good for video game collections (imo)

dvdspot dont have hard to find blu-ray because i cant put blu-ray copy of death sentence in my blu-ray collection

I use the gamespot for game collection. Probably I'll try the dvdspot for my collection. Any suggestions on CD list? I only see rateyourmusic.com

[quote name='starmask2k3']dvdspot dont have hard to find blu-ray because i cant put blu-ray copy of death sentence in my blu-ray collection[/quote]

dvdspot is a user maintained database. if a particular disc is not currently listed, then you ADD it yourself.

[quote name='TallGuyMe']dvdspot is a user maintained database. if a particular disc is not currently listed, then you ADD it yourself.[/QUOTE]

how because i just use the HDDVD one

[quote name='Animal7390']dvdspot is dead. it died last year.[/QUOTE]

what is a good place then

[quote name='xmunitalp']blu-ray.com[/quote]

I second that. If you're just talking about Blu's it's a great site. Check the link in my sig if you're curious about it.

I also agree with the guy that suggested Libra. It's not perfect but it has a neat display function and is rather easy to use (though far too often images come out bizarrely sized and it can screw with the display).

I haven't bothered with anything since DVD Spot went down. It went down during a period where I hadn't bought anything for a few months, so I wasn't aware of it and didnt' get a chance to download a back up to upload into something else.

Just haven't had the interest in typing in UPCs to another site again, I have 300+ DVDs and 10 or 11 blu rays, but I really don't buy much anymore anyway. And really should drastically pair down the DVD collection as I have a lot of stuff I haven't watched in 5+ years.

bread's done
Back