best SNL sketch EVER

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Please. Most of those clips are nothing compared to the true king:[/quote]

Agreed.

Also: the trap door skit and bad idea jeans.

Me an my buddys still say "bad idea jeans" anytime someone has a really stupid idea.

[quote name='SDMeslow']Does anyone have a link to the original clip from the O.C.?[/quote]

Found it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umNk9nVxbQ[/media]

Agree with Wombat on the Ronald Reagan clip. The Goth Talk ones were really funny, especially the one with The Beholder. (Heh. "You were really into that phone" about the Mickey Mouse phone Azriel Abyss gets in another segment.)

Happy Funball kicks ass, as does Celebrity Jeopardy.

The one from a long time ago with Bill Murray as Hercules is one I still refer to from time to time, as in, "something is too large to lift. I could lift a smaller one." http://www.jibjab.com/view/215359

One of the funniest was Eddie Murphy doing the expose as a white guy and how life is for white people. (His Mr Robinson's Neighborhoods were pretty funny, too.)

Dick in a box? Overrated.

And come on...no one has mentioned the Chicago superfans? Or Bill Brasky? He date-raped David Bowie!

[quote name='R1V3R5']I'm not sure what you are referring to. Maybe you are referring to the crappy NBC show? Because he never wrote for that show.[/quote]

I know he at least guest starred in an episode.

I am trying to find some information about him writing for it, but I can see that everyone who has written for that show has paid thousands to have their name removed from the credits.

I am almost certain he wrote for it. I mean he's writer...you gotta pay the bills.

Edit: well not on Imdb must not have.

What is the OC? Like 90210 for spoiled cellphone carrying pants hanging off the ass Red Bull chugging teens of today? David Silver's friend shooting himself was better than whatever this is mocking. "Hey check out my dad's gun. Oops!" ::bang::

I've never seen the OC, but what little I know is that it's a TV show with a lot of actresses we're made to feel like idiots because we don't know who they are when they present at award show and shit like that. Basically 90% of today's teen acting force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP1bI3cQDBc&feature=related

He lost a friend, but now he's banging Megan Fox. So it's all good.

With seeing the SNL sketch first, the song seems really inappropriate for the original clip. I lolled when it started playing after he got shot.

[quote name='The Truth 34']With seeing the SNL sketch first, the song seems really inappropriate for the original clip. I lolled when it started playing after he got shot.[/quote]

Really?

I thought the more jarring part was that they crescendo into that melodramatic song and then there's a sudden immediate cut into the boilerplate pop-crap they play on ending credits.

I like how HBO does their shows - usually the ending credits theme is either a one-off standalone song or a variation on the main theme that matches the episodes' overall feel. One of the best was when Moletsante is trying to get in the music biz and they play the shitty song that his shitty rock band had been recording all episode - I forget the lyrics but they were hilarious!

I've never seen the OC, and I thought the first video was pretty funny.

Here's a parody of the parody for LOST fans:

*EDIT*

SPOILERZ, lol

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOCo-Eylw-M[/MEDIA]

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost parody is the best of all of them. Sheer genius.

If you haven't seen Lost, DO NOT PLAY THAT fuckING VIDEO! It's like an uberspoiler.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Lol, that wasn't too bad.

But they really need to cancel SNL, bring back Mr. Show on HBO, then edit it for television so it can be rebroadcast in SNL's place.[/quote]

This. But I don't know if a watered down version would be all that great. I've seen a few episodes on Comedy Central and it was totally weird with commercials and edits. Mr. Show is definitely the best show ever created and needs to come back. I can't wait to see the new show Bob and David are working on.

^ Lol, actually, that was a joke directly tied to the video sample. Watch and it'll make perfect sense why Mr. Show would never work on broadcast TV.

My favorite sketch was a very old one where there are a bunch of Super Heroes having a party at someones apartment. The two things that I remember most about that sketch are John Belushi as the Hulk walking in on the Invisible Girl in the Bathroom("Hey, if the Invisible Girl is gonna use the bathroom, she should LOCK THE DOOR") and the other is the other heroes making fun of Ant-Man("Oooh!! Look out gang!! He has the strength of a human!!") lol :)

[quote name='crunchb3rry']^ Lol, actually, that was a joke directly tied to the video sample. Watch and it'll make perfect sense why Mr. Show would never work on broadcast TV.[/quote]

Yeah I figured, Pallies was one of my favorite sketches from the show. :D

bread's done
Back