Best Sports game on DS/GBA?

Swingman

CAGiversary!
I like playing dynasty/franchise modes so I'm looking for a sports game that is strong in that area. Quality gameplay would also be nice.

I was thinking about Madden 07 on DS but apparently the game is pretty bad according to reviews. I might think of getting that down the road when it gets cheap if nothing else presents itself.

Fifa World Cup 2006 is amazing for DS, I own it and play it daily. Graphics are bad but the gameplay is uber smooth and it has all the players names, ratings, and all the teams. Also keep your eye out for Mario Hoops 3 on 3, it is out on Japan so you can import but it is coming out soon in the US.

If you hate most sports games, Camelot's very RPGish Mario Golf and Tennis are both really solid titles. For the DS, the FIFA games are good as is True Swing Golf. If the import bug bites you, Prince of Tennis: Crystal Drive 2005 is a fabulous game. Mario Hoops: 3 on 3 will probably be the first absolute must own DS sports game though.

I really like Madden 07 the more I play it. I hesitated to buy the other Madden games on DS due to poor reviews, but it's really good and has great gameplay once you get the kicking game down.
Like someone else suggested FIFA 06 is excellent. And Mario Golf on the GBA is a must have!
I wish there was a more powerful prescence of sports games on the DS. It's the only reason I would consider a PSP, but it's still not worth it. I can't wait for Mario Hoops. Let's hope they make a Mario Baseball for DS.

Remember if the sport game doesn't haven't dynasty, I'm probably not interested.

Mario Golf and Tennis on GBA look good though but won't satisfy my need to build a team in dynasty mode. Mario Hoopos 3 on 3 didn't look that interesting to me but maybe I'm missing something.

I might pick up Madden 07 at some point and I am keeping an eye on Fifa 07's reviews when it comes out in October. Fifa World Cup 2006 doesn't have a dynasty mode, does it?

If you are willing to import Prince of Tennis. I'd say go for it. It was released in Japan as Konami Best so you can import at Play-Asia for a little over 30. I think it's a Mario Tennis on crack. About 64 players, each has their own seperate special shot list. At least 3 per character. Lots of things to unlock. Overall I spent a good 2 weeks trying to unlock everything, and that was playing many 24 hour days. I'd say this is the best tennis game for ds/gba. But if you don't like tennis, don't get it.

i also enjoyed fifa a lot. i would say thats the best sports game you can get for the ds right now. i cant speak for importing.

[quote name='Swingman']Remember if the sport game doesn't haven't dynasty, I'm probably not interested.[/quote]

The problem is then that there really is no decent sports team with a dynasty mode. If you look at it in a way of physically leveling up your players and customizing their stats as an individual "dynasty" mode, then you're good to go. But there's no game outside of EA's mostly disappointing offerings that will let you trade players and set ticket prices and what not. You're better off with a PSP for that game.

bread's done
Back