best spyware removal or adware removal program.

I use a combination of 3 of them right now. AdAware, Spybot Search and destroy and Microsoft anti Spyware Beta. They all find stuff that the others miss. Microsoft's actually work really good and will help block stuff from re-installing. All 3 are free to use right now. I don't know how much longer Microsoft's will be free.

[quote name='Miller2847']I use a combination of 3 of them right now. AdAware, Spybot Search and destroy and Microsoft anti Spyware Beta. They all find stuff that the others miss. Microsoft's actually work really good and will help block stuff from re-installing. All 3 are free to use right now. I don't know how much longer Microsoft's will be free.[/QUOTE]

^^^ ...that's what i use as well.

SpyBot is what I use. I've used SpyBot and Adaware in the past, and I've found they both find things the other didn't. I just like SpyBot better.

[quote name='Miller2847']I use a combination of 3 of them right now. AdAware, Spybot Search and destroy and Microsoft anti Spyware Beta. They all find stuff that the others miss. Microsoft's actually work really good and will help block stuff from re-installing. All 3 are free to use right now. I don't know how much longer Microsoft's will be free.[/QUOTE]
Those and HijackThis

Spybot seach and destroy
Spware doctor
ad aware
I use the in combination with avg anti virus and antivir xp and zonealarm.

[quote name='Tritan']Those and HijackThis[/QUOTE]

I had a major trojan/malware issue 2 weeks ago or so (was using IE, now I'm on Firefox for good) and found out about HijackThis. The one message board (you usually post on some boards your HijackThis log and volunteers guide on what to do) that helped me at all (and was very simple to follow and effective (just took forever to scan with all the progs) was www.geekstogo.com. fuck McAffee, I paid them $50 to renew my subscription and so far they haven't done shit when I get infected....

I use Adaware and Spybot like the others.

Agree with Miller2847. I use all three when there is an infestation. If you just want realtime protection before being infested, MS Antispyware(free) or Webroot Spysweeper($30, i think) are both two of the better ones out there.

Also to speed up your scans, run a disk cleanup to remove unnecessary temp files before scanning.

If you know how to use HiJackthis, it is a very powerful tool for helping to clean out already installed spyware. Just be careful, because everything it finds is not spyware and if you remove the wrong items you could cause unintentional damage to the system.

Hope that helps.

Trend Micro has two web based cleaners: one for viruses and one for spy-ware. Both find things that others don't.

I usually start with Ad-Aware, followed by Spybot S&D. I warn people not to pay Norton for upkeep. They are just like adware: evil and irritating

I have used SpyBot, Ad-Aware and GIANT Anti-Spyware, which is now known as Microsoft Anti-Spyware, as they bought the company. Out of those, I thought GIANT was/is the best, it found things the others didn't, and has an interesting feature called SpyNet(I Think).

It is currently available for free from Microsft's website; go get it now!

Adaware
Microsoft Antipsyware
Spybot Search and Destroy
Spywareblaster
Spywaregaurd

I use all of those and haven't had a problem. Reinforce yourself with Firefox, good antivirus (people say AVG is good but I'm always wary of a free AV, so I picked up PC-Cillin Security when I got $50 in MIR, effectivally making it free), and a firewall (included with the PC-Cillin). It helps to have a router as well so that you have both software and hardware protection. I'm sure all of that helps keep spyware at a minimum.

What sucks about spyware programs is that not all of them clean everything, so you will need several.

I use Ad-Aware, Xoftspy, Spyware Sweeper, MS Antispyware, and Spybot ... yet still I have spyware on one of my PC's that I have tried to get rid of for about 2 weeks now, and I haven't found a manual method to remove it since the spyware programs don't work on it.

spybot and adaware...im pretty sure you can get both for free...i know i did, but im not sure if that's because i had aol at the time....they both work great for me...i also have norton, which does a pretty good job....norton does a good job for me to let me know when something serious is trying to fuck with my computer....norton just shakes its head and kicks its ass right away....adaware and spybot get rid of things that i didnt know about and wouldnt normally know about unless i ran them...which is still good

I got stuck with a toolbar just earlier this week. Tried Adaware, spybot; both couldn't get rid of it. They would delete it but the damn thing was tricky and must have had some other registry entry and everytime you shut down and restart it would load itself again.

Hijackthis solved everything, but you just have to know what to look for and delete (mine was easy since I don't load many programs)

[quote name='Strell']Adaware
Microsoft Antipsyware
Spybot Search and Destroy
Spywareblaster
Spywaregaurd

I use all of those and haven't had a problem. Reinforce yourself with Firefox, good antivirus (people say AVG is good but I'm always wary of a free AV, so I picked up PC-Cillin Security when I got $50 in MIR, effectivally making it free), and a firewall (included with the PC-Cillin). It helps to have a router as well so that you have both software and hardware protection. I'm sure all of that helps keep spyware at a minimum.[/QUOTE]
I forgot all about those. Make sure you install the bolded. Also AVG is the one of the best AV I've used I highly recommend it. I also recommend Sygate for your firewall.

spysweeper - $30
AVG AV - free
Secretmaker - free (this is a great program it blocks scripts, active x and is a history cleaner plus other stuff. I can't recommend this enough)

These 3 have kept me spyware and virus free for quite some time. I have spybot and adaware and occasionally run a scan to see if spysweeper has missed something but it never does

I really like Webroot's Spy Sweeper. It runs in the background like an anti-virus progam and blocks spyware before it gets installed. It's getting harder and harder to remove spyware, that's why I prefer blocking.

The stuff gets great reviews and can usually be found on sale at Best Buy B&M for $20.

i have installed Secretmaker and ad aware. I dont know if thats good enough or not . If you guys think its good then its cool.

You don't need a bunch of spyware programs like people suggested.. you only need two or three. Microsoft AntiSpyware and Spybot Search & Destroy are two of the best around. I've searched on many forums, and these are two of the most recommended. There are others that everyone else recommended too, but these work great for me.

I highly recommend using just Microsoft AntiSpyware and Spybot S&D, though. Both have new updates frequently and detect well. Plus, one is Microsoft, and that one has real-time protection. Both are free, too.

You don't need a bunch of spyware programs like people suggested.. you only need two or three. Microsoft AntiSpyware and Spybot Search & Destroy are two of the best around. I've searched on many forums, and these are two of the most recommended. There are others that everyone else recommended too, but these work great for me.

I highly recommend using just Microsoft AntiSpyware and Spybot S&D, though. Both have new updates frequently and detect well. Plus, one is Microsoft, and that one has real-time protection. Both are free, too.

Spybot is a really good freeware program. I have used others but since getting Symantec internet security, life just has been so peaceful. :razz: But for the 2 years that I used Spybot, I noticed it found a whole lotta gunk in my hd. One thing to watch out for with Spybot is that it also removes some things that you DO want on your system. Things that programs you installed might use for certain reasons but spybot thinks it's just spyware. But for the most part, Spybot S&D is a really good program IMO.

I use Microsoft Antispyware and haven't had any spyware problems at all. Just make sure you have the latest edition,the earlier betas had some bugs. But it seems to be straightened out now.

bread's done
Back