Best Starcade ever

wubb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
Anyone else ever watch Starcade (game show replayed on G4TV)

The best thing about this show is that they have full grown men compete against kids under 10 years old. (Not every time, but that does seem to happen quite a bit.) It is frankly really bizarre.

Here's the episode I caught yesterday. They had this six foot+ guy

Bray007.jpg

vs. this very short kid (probably under ten years old I would guess)

Won007.jpg

The best part (to me) is that the big guy's name is Delbert. Must be Dilbert's long lost cousin!

Ha, yeah! I've caught a few of these. They're occassionally posted on the newsgroups. Haven't seen this particular episode, tho. Please tell me the little kid kicked Dilbert's butt and then did a little dance as the credits rolled! That'd be priceless. Imagine trying to live that one down! :)

[quote name='Jeuran']Ha, yeah! I've caught a few of these. They're occassionally posted on the newsgroups. Haven't seen this particular episode, tho. Please tell me the little kid kicked Dilbert's butt and then did a little dance as the credits rolled! That'd be priceless. Imagine trying to live that one down! :)[/quote]

Yep, the little kid beat Delbert. I always think about how funny it would be to go into work the day after being defeated on a TV game show by a 7 year old.

One thing odd about that game is they play two video games in the first two rounds and just add the scores together for the big winner. Well some games have higher scoring than others and therefore are 'worth' more. Always seems kind of dumb to me. I guess they didn't want to muddy things up by multiplying each score by a number to average everything out. (I mean the average viewer of this thing was probably grade school kids watching cartoons.)

For the final game (the big winner plays) they have him beat a score that is the average of 20 people playing the game for 30 seconds, which at least ratchets the score to that particular game.

I hadn't heard of the WCW thing BTW.

bread's done
Back