Best Super Famicom Games

No Japan-exclusive games are springing to mind at the moment.

That being said, some games are much cheaper in Japan than in the US. For example, I found a complete, mint, Japanese copy of Chrono Trigger in Okinawa for 980 yen back in 2003.

A few game I can think of that weren't listed and are pretty import friendly.

Go Go Ackman 1,2 & 3
The Amazing Spider-Man: Lethal Foes (freakin rare)
Dragon Ball Z: Hyper Dimension

[quote name='Rodimus']Bahamut Lagoon was released in the mid 90's, about 8 years before the merge.[/quote]

Exactly, BEFORE the merge like I said...

I just didn't have the exact time they merged anyways thanks for the correction and not replying about the OP's question??

Man, some people on these forums!!!

[quote name='XxSmityxX']not replying about the OP's question??[/quote]

I did, about 4 posts up.

By saying "one of the last" sounds like it came out right before the merge. I didn't write it in a rude way, just stating a fact. Why get all angry?

yeah wasn't there at least a generation and a half from that game and the merge? heh..

any good game in US that is cheaper on the SF then the SNES would be my bet..

i imagine Mario games would be easy to play.

[quote name='urzishra14']any good game in US that is cheaper on the SF then the SNES would be my bet..

i imagine Mario games would be easy to play.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, every Mario game except Mario RPG is more expensive in Japan than America.

People already mentioned the unreleased-in-America stuff Bahamut Lagoon, Star Ocean, Seiken Densetsu 3, and Tales of Phantasia. I'll add the Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem games to the list. I took most of my best Super Famicom games back to America with me over the holidays, so I forget what else is worth owning.

Cool. Thanks. I did end up buying Hyper Dimension since I always wanted to own that when I was younger. I like some RPGs but I can't read any Japanese so that puts a hinder on the games I buy. But yeah, I was surprised to find Chrono Trigger to only be like 600 yen. Same with Mother 2 which was only like 800 yen.

Super Bomberman 3
Super Bomberman 4
Super Bomberman 5
The Same Game
Mario & Wario (requires mouse)

all good games. Mario & Wario I think is the only major Mario game to not be released in the states, although I bet my left nut that they end up making a Wii-Ware version of it using the Wii Remote, it's perfectly suited for it. The game is also entirely in English so it's the perfect import.

BTW, you don't need a Super Famicom to play Famicom games. There's a real simple and practical solution.

You need an SNES Game Genie.

On the inside of the Game Genie, there are two small tabs attached to the back of the clamp that holds the game in place. You simply remove those two tabs. Not the whole clamp, just the tabs.

Then you put the game in the machine and don't enter any codes with the Game Genie and presto, the game works. It's what I use.

Gundam Wing: Endless Duel or Kidou Senshi Gundam Wing

Prolly the best 16-bit fighting game ever made. Air combos, juggles, OTG's and super moves - everything the growing child needs XD

I have Dragon Quest V and VI. I have put about 7 hours into VI and while all in Japanese, I was able to understand what was going on a bit. I ended up learning a bit of Katakana in my spare time at work so I could identify some letters and break a few words down when it came to story events and names. Too bad I quit playing when Square announced the DS versions. I also got Final Fantasy VI when I bought my Super Famicom and hope to play through it one day and be able to read most of it.

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']Gundam Wing: Endless Duel or Kidou Senshi Gundam Wing

Prolly the best 16-bit fighting game ever made. Air combos, juggles, OTG's and super moves - everything the growing child needs XD[/quote]

I got a friend of mine a copy of that at this past Animazement (NC anime con). For 25 bucks or so, its a decent price for the game. Hes even got a Game Genie to run it on, and i got to play it for the first time without hitting W,A,S, or D, a SNES dpad is... very nice.

It also looks good on a HD tv...

bread's done
Back