Best time to use Amazon Prime?

Azurken

CAGiversary!
So I only have 3 items on my kart... but i'm still hesitant on using that first free month of prime, should I wait for some more stuff for me to be interested in?

if you don't know what prime is, it's basically a premium version of an amazon account with free shipping for everything (i think?) but after the first month i have to pay monthly/annual fees to keep it up...but I plan on doing that which is why I want to cram all my purchases in a month...

should I wait for a new release.. or when I have high shipping rate games??

that is interesting.... black friday orders are probably going to be really high for me as well..

I'd say wait for sure till Fall at least. I wish I had even paid for a year last fall because I bought so many games at such great deals.

You can "share" prime shipping with up to four other house hold members. It might just be worth it to you to buy it.

If you don't want to pay for the service and can hold off using that free month, I would recommend having it available for Christmas time. I had Prime during that time, last year, and I got around 60 shipments. Prime definitely helped out.

It feels like every year they have this back-to-school special for Amazon Prime. You add a textbook to cart, sign up for 3 free months of Amazon Prime, and then remove the book and not have to pay a dime. I would highly recommend waiting a little bit, because usually this special runs up to the middle of October so it can last you through Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
just too bad your no longer able to split it here.. i though i found a good deal on video games back on june 30 so i jumped on a year of prime..

i had a few friends said yea they do prime and then all backed up (though i was giong to give it for free LOL)

personally so far i dont think it was worth the 80.... hopefully more around the hoildays i will use it more but

Since June 30 i only used it twice

picked up

Pokemon heartgold sealed for 14.99 (this is why i jumped on prime)
Some psp game for 3.99

looking back i probally should of never got a year of prime

though i do have a few preorders on prime (seven ys) heroes of mana

its just too bad you can no longer split it

but if your looking for that one month thing yea i would wait until Sept when they did the 3 months free and if they dont do the 3 months free I would wait till NOV 20 so you get all the black friday stuff for free and almost to XMAS for free

Obviously, you're going to be one of a number of people that just ride out the free trials of Amazon Prime and never actually pick up the service.

I've paid for it for multiple years, including one year in the middle of that timeframe that I didn't have it. I do like the convenience of not worrying about the $25 minimum for FSSS, and over the number of orders I do yearly with Amazon, it's pennies per order in "additional" cost.

If you can just live with the minimums for FSSS and deal with media mail speed for items they can't ship via UPS / FedEx / OnTrac 2-day, do that until you "really" think you can use it. Black Friday timeframe always works to carry you over until the end of the holidays.

It's nice to be able to pick single items, if needed, and not bundle up multiple items to hit FSSS, and I think that's worth the extra money to Amazon, since I'm also getting back 3% from the Amazon Visa I use for my purchases.

Most items from Amazon under FSSS that can't be shipped via media mail go UPS Ground, so you'd be getting UPS shipping in some cases without the cost of Prime.

I would use the trial now and then buy the service! I think Prime is the best $80 I spend a year. I am sure that I spent well of the $80 on crap to get to FSSS prior to buying Prime. As shrike said it is nice to just get a single item and have it on my door in 2 days.

Remember that you can share the Prime membership with up to 4 "family members." If you get a group going, you only have to pay ~$17 a year!

i just signed up for the one month free trial. wow i had my items in two days. I will prob sign up for it down the road (black friday) but i feel it kinda makes you spend more money knowing you will have it . if anyone intersted in group pm me

shrike4242 - how is that visa from amazon lately for past two years all my electronic items have been bought via amazon. do you think it is worth it?

[quote name='Scorch']I waited until Thanksgiving Day.. that way I was ready to go for Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I really wish I had it during BF. I bought a ton of games/blu-rays for $10-$20 and really could have used Prime since many of the deals lasted only one day or one hour so it was hard to combine with other items.

bread's done
Back