Best Trade-in on average?

darkrage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Allright, so Iv got some DVDs in my possession. Actually they arent even used. Still in plastic. Doubles of stuff I already have.

My question is...giving that trying to return them to a store without a receipt is illegal (I hear), where would I get the best dollar return for them? Id probly want to put the money towards a 360 game or maybe the Sealab DVDs.

Iv looked at Wherehouse, BarterBee, and Iv heard GameStop/EB sucks for this. Anybody have any thoughts/reflections on DVD trade-ins?

eBay is easily the best option, but I would probably just return them (without a recipt) for store credit at Best Buy or another store. I don't think it's technically illegal, but it might be against the store's policy, and it just depends if you feel "right" doing it. Considering they just put the sealed DVD on the shelf to sell it, I've never felt bad about returning sealed duplicates.

Yeah, Id do that if I felt it wasnt illegal. But lets just say it was and Im a golden light or morality. What store gives good trade-in?

[quote name='darkrage']Yeah, Id do that if I felt it wasnt illegal. But lets just say it was and Im a golden light or morality. What store gives good trade-in?[/quote]Like I said before, eBay is the only place you'll end up getting anything decent for them. Every store that accepts trade-ins (Gamestop/EB/Blockbuster) will give (on average) about $3 per DVD, and they don't care if it's sealed or if you ate your dinner off the disc.

[quote name='yellowjacket621']Like I said before, eBay is the only place you'll end up getting anything decent for them. Every store that accepts trade-ins (Gamestop/EB/Blockbuster) will give (on average) about $3 per DVD, and they don't care if it's sealed or if you ate your dinner off the disc.[/quote]

Yep

FYE (wherehouse etc..) will probably give you the most. Blockbuster sometimes has deals where they guarentee a decent amount, but it's credit only. If you have a lot you may want to do a rummage sale. Otherwise, set up a trade list on here and sell them all for 5$ a pop.

wait a minute... best buy gives store credit for items that are sealed? I have two simpsons dvds that were bought there and dont have the receipt. Can I return them there?

[quote name='BasketCase1080']wait a minute... best buy gives store credit for items that are sealed? I have two simpsons dvds that were bought there and dont have the receipt. Can I return them there?[/QUOTE]

Only if you bought them there and they can look up your receipt. I think for DVDs you have 30 days if they are not opened.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']wait a minute... best buy gives store credit for items that are sealed? I have two simpsons dvds that were bought there and dont have the receipt. Can I return them there?[/quote]

If you say that you got them as a gift they will take them back and give you store credit for them.

If you've got a Moviestop by you, they do a trade in offer where you trade three DVDs for a new release. This might be your best option depending on the value of the films if you don't want to deal with Ebay.

dont bother with ebay, that is a decent place to BUY dvds but dvd movies have almost no resale value on ebay(not talking about the tv seasons or criterions, those often go for good money).

Try FYE or Blockbuster, tho as mentioned they only give you credit, not cash

Does Blockbuster take all DVDs? I have a bunch of anime DVDs that I know won't go for much on eBay and I'm looking to get rid of them.

Also, I'm assuming the DVDs need to be in their original box right?

[quote name='yellowjacket621']Like I said before, eBay is the only place you'll end up getting anything decent for them. Every store that accepts trade-ins (Gamestop/EB/Blockbuster) will give (on average) about $3 per DVD, and they don't care if it's sealed or if you ate your dinner off the disc.[/QUOTE]

Thats not quite true. Some stores don't accept games for trade in if they are still sealed. Which is the one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Its happened to me before at one gamestop and also to my friend at a different gamestop. I'm guessing they are thinking that if the games are still sealed then they are stolen?? That doesn't make any sense though since theives can just easily take off the plastic and also its much easier to just steal the disc than the whole case.

So if you are going to trade in, I suggest you always open the dvds first, just in case.

bread's done
Back