Best TV 32" - 37" for the money during BF sales?

RiCeBo1

CAGiversary!
I'm looking to upgrade my current 27" Olevia brand TV to a 32" - 37" TV with very high contrast/black/color levels. What's the best deal for tomorrow and which store? Thanks!

Also take into consideration of the best "finance" deals out there. Looking for a CC with no interest for at least half a year.

Oh yeah, I was looking at the 32" Samsung TV at BB for $499.99. It seems to be a newer model compared to Circuit City and Sears. How is that LG from BB?

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a 32" Emerson LCD HDTV going for $399.99 at Walmart. I actually own this TV and have so for 1.5 years and the quality and picture is great. I would recommend this Tv.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Yeah, but check out the contrast ratio...it's not that great compared to the Samsung (8000:1)[/quote]

it's an LCD so by default they have crappy contrast ratio's. I'm willing to bet the 8000:1 is a dynamic contrast ratio...

I gotta warn you TV's from walmart use cheaper parts, compared to CC and bestbuy but, there's a 32 in Samsung on sale at walmart for 488 or so.

[quote name='Malik112099']it's an LCD so by default they have crappy contrast ratio's. I'm willing to bet the 8000:1 is a dynamic contrast ratio...[/QUOTE]

What's the difference? Also, it doesn't say dynamic on there.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']What's the difference? Also, it doesn't say dynamic on there.[/quote]

Well, there is no standard for contrast ratio so it is determined by the manufacturer how they measure it. LCDs just have crappy contrast due to the type of technology it is. I don't know what samsung you are referring to but I bet the 8000:1 is some sort of special thing dealing with the CR and not the actual CR

So I got the 32" Samsung at BB for $549.99 (orig. $599.99 BF price, but Manager's Special for some reason), the newer 300 series model, and I must say, I am impressed by the quality over my previous 27" Olevia brand. Rediculously clean colors as well as contrast! But one thing that I did notice is that the sharpness is really, really high, so things look very jagged like. What are the best range for sharpness settings? I have it at 30 out of 100 and so far it looks ok, but it's not as smooth as I would want it. Anything lower than 30 starts to get blurry as well. But overall, the TV is exactly what I want from an HDTV :)

bread's done
Back