Best Version of Q*Bert

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
My wife is having a jones to play some Q*Bert....which version of the game is the best version, besides MAME of course. I just can't remember which console even had a Q*Bert game. Can anyone recommend me something?

I think you can't go wrong with Q*Bert 3 or Playstation Q*Bert. I think Dreamcast Q*Bert if just a port of the Playstation one too, so that would probably be good too.

[quote name='sm04as']If you want to go oldschool, Coleco had a Q*bert game :eek:[/quote]

Come to think of it, I've still probably got the 2600 version somewhere... :D

Would've been nice if I had remember this a bit earlier...

There's a version for the Game Boy that shouldn't be too hard to find. There haven't been any versions (that I can think of) since the black and white original, but you don't need color to enjoy Q-Bert. Color is overrated.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Any chance of you telling us what consoles you own? That might make this a bit easier... :D[/quote]

I've got them all but I would prefer not to bring out my Atari 2600 or Colecovision....

Used to play the generic equivalent on PC a long time ago called "J-Bird." This version might be found for free on the web somewhere...

[quote name='The-Bavis']Used to play the generic equivalent on PC a long time ago called "J-Bird." This version might be found for free on the web somewhere...[/quote]

ahh, that version sounds anti-semetic......I think that I'll stick to Q*Bert

As CheapyD knows...I am a Qbert pro...I can play a few hours on a quarter. I used to be able to flip level 7 again and again..there is no level 8 btw.

Anyways..qbert sorely lacked a solid home version. Maybe the NES one was best actually.

If you can get Qbert the PSone version..thats a fun one.

I did have a lot of fun on Qbert3 for SNES though..so I guess I would recommend that one to any real Qbert fan. The levels were great and the SNES controller worked very well for this.

0412009a.jpg

[quote name='defender']As CheapyD knows...I am a Qbert pro...I can play a few hours on a quarter. I used to be able to flip level 7 again and again..there is no level 8 btw.

Anyways..qbert sorely lacked a solid home version. Maybe the NES one was best actually.

I did have a lot of fun on Qbert3 for SNES though..so I guess I would recommend that one to any real Qbert fan. The levels were great and the SNES controller worked very well for this.

0412009a.jpg
[/quote] Do You Have A SNes Q*bert 3 Laying around the shop anywere Defender

[quote name='Spider-Man'][quote name='defender']As CheapyD knows...I am a Qbert pro...I can play a few hours on a quarter. I used to be able to flip level 7 again and again..there is no level 8 btw.

0412009a.jpg
[/quote] Do You Have A SNes Q*bert 3 Laying around the shop anywere Defender[/quote]

Yes, defender....any Q*bert to be found laying around?

bread's done
Back