best version of tetris?

If you can find it, get Tengen Tetris for the NES. It was unlicensed game, so its a bit rare. I passed it up one time, and I've been beating myself up over it ever since. And yeah, Tetris Worlds is terrible.

I still love and am hooked on Tetris Attack, which later got revitalized as Pokemon Puzzle Challenge. It is an addicting iteration of the series and brings enough new elements to make the game feel original. Definately check it out on any gameboy or N64. I'm not sure if it came out for the Cube.

I think the original Tetris for GB is the best. I've never tried Tetris DX, I always thought it was just a colored version of the original. What were the differences? Anyways, I also dislike Tetris Worlds, so I picked up a used copy of Tetris at my local Gamecrazy for $10. I already had one, but I needed another to link up and play two players.

Tetris DX by far. Battery back-up, high score saves, lots of different play modes, and nifty little cinemas. Can't recommend it enough.

I'm partial to the original Game Boy releases of Tetris. The original pack-in title is a great portable time-waster (love that game), and the updated Tetris DX ups the ante with improved color graphics, cut scenes, battery saves, etc. I also picked up Tetris Plus recently, and it's just like the original pack-in Tetris with the addition of a "save the professor" puzzle mode (like the PSone release).

I've tried Tetris Worlds on Xbox, and it plays fine. Still, it seems kind of a waste to play this simple puzzle game on any of the powerful next-gen systems. The handheld versions really keep the game modest (no fancy FMV sequences, odd backgrounds, etc.) and quick (no load times). In fact, I just picked up a copy of Tetris Worlds for GBA on sale for $15 this week at Circuit City, so I should have an educated judgment on this one soon as well. It's hard to go wrong with Tetris on a handheld.

i got like 3 copys of the original tetris but it just doesnt play well to me on the gba, seems like the pieces move slower with the +pad but i could be trippin, and i like how u could save the scores on dx that and the color doesnt hurt either, and i think tetris worlds jus doesnt seem the same the original is way better than tetris worlds, and yes all that power of a console and they cant even make a tetris better than dx

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']I'm partial to the original Game Boy releases of Tetris. The original pack-in title is a great portable time-waster (love that game), and the updated Tetris DX ups the ante with improved color graphics, cut scenes, battery saves, etc. I also picked up Tetris Plus recently, and it's just like the original pack-in Tetris with the addition of a "save the professor" puzzle mode (like the PSone release).
[/quote]

There 'best' version of Tetris, its just opinion. But I agree with Max on the original GB Tetris. I still play it to this day, on my SP.

[quote name='magilacudy'][quote name='MaxBiaggi3']I'm partial to the original Game Boy releases of Tetris. The original pack-in title is a great portable time-waster (love that game), and the updated Tetris DX ups the ante with improved color graphics, cut scenes, battery saves, etc. I also picked up Tetris Plus recently, and it's just like the original pack-in Tetris with the addition of a "save the professor" puzzle mode (like the PSone release).
[/quote]

There 'best' version of Tetris, its just opinion. But I agree with Max on the original GB Tetris. I still play it to this day, on my SP.[/quote]

I also enjoy the GB Tetris. I also like the original Tetris on NES. Love that music... :)

I agree with basketkase I has to be Tetris Attack in my opinion. Though I never played the actual Tetris Attack, I did play the Pokemon version and it was as addicting and fun as the original. Probably one of my favorite. I do tend to play the original, the music does kick ass

The original Tetris for GB is the best. DX for GBC is really, really good too, but seemed to a little easier than the original. I made it into the Twin Galaxies record book on the original ( a huge thrill when I was a youngun') so it has a special place in my heart. :)

I'd go with Tetris Attack if any Tetris is acceptable. Otherwise I'd go with "New Tetris" on N64. It has good music, and a variety of modes of play. Also, it's fun competing with your friends to see how many thousands of lines you can get in a single game. Also, it has 4-player support. :)

Next Tetris for PS1 - just check out the value - its a rare and awesome game. Ive had many long nights held of combat playing that game.

Tetris Attack is my favorite game of ALL TIME. I have every version that was released stateside and I recently picked up "Panel De Pon" (the original Japanese version) for my Super Famicom. It should be out on Gamecube soon with 4-player support thanks to the Nintendo Puzzle Collection. If it doesn't come out soon I'm gonna import it.

bread's done
Back