Best vga adapter/s-video cables

noahj

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I know there are several threads about this topic and i've already searched them.

However, i cant seem to find the exact answer to what i am wanting to know, so i thought i would start a thread in hopes of getting an answer.

I just ordered a new Dell 24" LCD i plan on using for computer gaming as well as my ps2 and my ps3 eventually. Right now i'm using a gamebridge and Mad Catz s-video/composite cables on my 17" LCD for my ps2 and it's working "ok".

But i'm wondering should i replace my Mad Catz cables with some Monster S-Video/composite or the Official Playstation s-video/composite cables for use with my new monitor? I've heard different opinions that say the Monster or Playstation cables offer better visuals than the Mad Catz. Has anyone that has used or seen both offer suggestions or opinions?

Should i stay with the Mad Catz or buy Monster or Playstation? Since the new Dell has s-video/composite connections, my gamebridge wont be any use....so cables are all i need. Any suggestions?

You really can't get that great of visuals with a gamebridge and S-Video cables, I doubt upgrading would be worth it. Obviously with PS3 you'll want to use VGA, DVI, or HDMI cable to play in HD.

I asked in another thread but never got an answer, my monitor has a 12ms response time and really bad ghosting lag when I play Halo 2. I use my tv tuner card and a s-video cable to play. Would there be any improvement for me to switch to vga?

ya i'm primarily looking to the future when i do get a p3, but i was just curious about the p2 and what cables are best or to maximize the visuals.

i haven't seen anything but the Mad Catz so i wouldnt know if if the Monster or Playstation provided any better visuals or not.

[quote name='dastly75']I asked in another thread but never got an answer, my monitor has a 12ms response time and really bad ghosting lag when I play Halo 2. I use my tv tuner card and a s-video cable to play. Would there be any improvement for me to switch to vga?[/QUOTE]

An extreme improvement. VGA runs in 480p and you the image won't need any filtering (or whatever you want to call it) to be translated into what the monitor can understand. Obviously the VGA will connect to the monitor and not the computer.

[quote name='dastly75']I asked in another thread but never got an answer, my monitor has a 12ms response time and really bad ghosting lag when I play Halo 2. I use my tv tuner card and a s-video cable to play. Would there be any improvement for me to switch to vga?[/QUOTE]

Is it on a 360 or an original xbox?

That question aside though, it may improve but to be honest a 12ms response time is not that great for gaming (especially ones with fast motion like FPS games), anything more than 8ms may yield a similar result. Plus the response rate quoted by some manufactuers is often the fastest possible rate as opposed to the true (and full) response time, so depending on certain things, it may be slower than you think.

how about my question? would i see improvments with other cables or will the Mad Catz give me about the same?

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Is it on a 360 or an original xbox?

That question aside though, it may improve but to be honest a 12ms response time is not that great for gaming (especially ones with fast motion like FPS games), anything more than 8ms may yield a similar result. Plus the response rate quoted by some manufactuers is often the fastest possible rate as opposed to the true (and full) response time, so depending on certain things, it may be slower than you think.[/QUOTE]

xbx 360 , I want a new monitor but I'm not sure whether I should wait or not, I'm fairly poor right now

so would it be suggested to go the vga route with my new Dell 24" widescreen i've got coming instead of s-video cables?

i'm gonna give my Mad Catz cables a chance once i get the monitor, but having never seen anything else, i dont know if something else would be better.

bread's done
Back