Best virus protection you can buy

malwarbytes is free, but it doesnt have real time protection (I would recommend running this every few days for everyone).

If you have comcast internet norton is free.

Webroot antivirus. Newegg just had a sale for 4.99 a year. You can grab any time for around 20. Always have deals on it.

Super fast scans, minimal footprint.

I have malware ab as well. I keep webroot always running and run ab 1x week. They don't play nice together with my VPN.

Just use a free antivirus service. There's no perfect anti-virus solution, but a good free antivirus program will generally keep you just as safe as the paid ones, the only benefit to paid ones are extra features which you likely don't even use. 

I use Microsoft Security Essentials (free) and it's worked well. I've used AVG and Avast in the past but MSE has been my personal favorite since it uses minimal resources and works fine (AVG and Avast have gotten a bit bloated in the past few years). 

To add to that, I use MalwareBytes Premium ($25 one time fee for a lifetime license). There is a free version but the paid version has real time protection, which is nice. 

Last edited by a moderator:
hopefully can find a sale  in the next few weeks .. i found i had a  2014  kap something but i dont know if the one year starts from the time you intall or the time you buy it .

norton freezes up my pc

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium + Free AV (Avast or Avira) is a solid setup. You can get an OEM license for MBAMP for $15-25 (lifetime for a single PC), and go with either Avast (you can nerf the settings so they stop b*tching about how you're running free sh*t and need to go to something better they make money on) or Avira.

So I've noticed this thread since my Norton just ran out and I keep seeing that Malwarebytes isn't doing the lifetime license anymore. 

Or am I just looking at the wrong thing?

bread's done
Back