Best way to get many specific ds games for the cheapest price?

I'd say Gamestop can be helpful too, you aren't looking for too many rare games, but a few that do hold a good value.

I may hit up gamestop during their b2g1 promo. Best buy has a good deal going now with B2G2, but unfortunately, none of the games I want are available for shipping and none of my local stores carry them.

I would use the things around you first.
Yard sales, pawn shops and craigslist are great options to use.

I don't have too many yard sales around me (that I know of), pawn shops are pretty iffy for me, and I've checked Craigslist and I haven't seen anything. I'm thinking about going to a flea market next weekend. I may have luck there.

Amazon seems to sell most of these games for $15 - $20 a piece so that's the price I'm looking to beat.

I also say Gamestop since that's the only nationwide video game retailer that I know of that would have a higher chance of having all the games you're looking for.

Personally, I like having the case, case art, and manual with the game.  I know you can print up the case art and buy cases online. DS manuals, on the other hand, for me seem to be kind of on the difficult side finding scans online.

Well I've had a lot of luck this week. Gamestop had several games on my list for less than $5. I also found out that gamestop doesn't display all of their ds games. I had to ask for the ones I was looking for and they had them behind the counter.

Amazon third party sellers also had some good deals.

So far, these have all been cartridge only, but good condition cartridges.

Now I just need to find good prices on the bigger titles. I'm going to a flea market tomorrow, hopefully I'll have some luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a fair number of games on your list. For me, the best place to find them has been Amazon Warehouse Deals. If you're patient, you can find some smokin' prices.

I have a fair number of games on your list. For me, the best place to find them has been Amazon Warehouse Deals. If you're patient, you can find some smokin' prices.
Thanks! I've been keeping an eye on AWD as well. I was able to get Phoenix Wright Justice for All for $8.

Lp My flea market trip today was a success! I was able to get (cartridge only) Zelda Phantom Hourglass for $10, Mario 64 for $10, and Pokémon Platinum for $15. I'm also finding e-bay to be pretty good as well, but I just have to be patient on the auctions. I was able to pick up Partners In Time and Bowsers Inside Story (with cases) for $13 each, Dragon Quest V (with case) for $25 , Dragon Quest IV (cartridge only) for $17.99, and Scribblenauts for $5.

If anyone thinks I'm overpaying let me know, but I think I'm finding good deals considering most of these big name games are still $25+ used.   

I also realize that I'm overdoing it this month, seeing as how I know I'm not going to be able to play all these games right away,  so I'm going to hold off for now and pick up the rest at a later date. It's just really exciting that I'm able to get these kind of prices on these.

Edit: I just won another eBay auction. Golden Sun ds for $5.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had another good gamestop score during these past two weekend's B2G1 sales.

Last weekend I was able to find: Again, Dementium the Ward, Professor Layton and the Curious Village, Elite Beat Agents and two impuse buys, Professor Layton and the Unwound Future and Trauma Center Under The Knife 2.

This weekend I was able to pick up Solatorobo Red The Hunter, Tony Hawk American Sk8land (really hard to track down for some reason), and Monster Tale for $20.  I also had a B1G1 coupon from PUR rewards so I got Chrono Trigger and Professor Layton and the Last Specter for the price of Chrono Trigger ($19).

I almost have all of my list and then some.

So after looking through my purchasing sources, I'd have to say GS was the best, even if they didn't have a B2G1 because most of these games were $10 or less. Ebay was 2nd since I was able to grab several games in $5 auctions, plus some even came complete. Flea market was 3rd since they had good prices on otherwise expensive games. Amazon/AWD was last. Their prices weren't the best, and GS usually beat them. I'm sad that Best Buy wasn't even in the running, their online/in store used DS game selection is crap.

bread's done
Back