Best way to package GB/GBA games for shipping?

angrywolf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm somewhat new to eBay, and I have a GBC game up for auction, complete with packaging. It's in like-new condition, and I don't want the packaging to be damaged as it looks like something that could happen, how do the pros here @ cheapassgamer package their GB/GBA games so that they don't get damaged during shipping? Thanks!

Box. Small box. If you're offering Priority Mail, just use the small collapsable boxes that you can get for free at any post office.. GBA games and the like fit in there perfectly (with room for some padding).

Heck, if it's eBay, do it Priority no matter what, they're paying. For trades, I usually have a small box lying around to use to send them. Never send in a bubble mailer unless you flatten the box and attach it to a sheet of cardboard and the buyer is okay with it, and NEVER send in a plain envelope.

You'll probably get less bitchy advice from other CAGs, but I am an absolute pain in the ass about my GBA boxes :)

[quote name='DustBoogie']Box. Small box. If you're offering Priority Mail, just use the small collapsable boxes that you can get for free at any post office.. GBA games and the like fit in there perfectly (with room for some padding).

You'll probably get less bitchy advice from other CAGs, but I am an absolute pain in the ass about my GBA boxes :)[/quote]

Believe me I'm the same way, this advice is perfect, so I just ask for a small collapsable box at the post office and they'll give me one for free? I'll try tomorrow morning!

[quote name='angrywolf']Believe me I'm the same way, this advice is perfect, so I just ask for a small collapsable box at the post office and they'll give me one for free? I'll try tomorrow morning![/QUOTE]

It'll probably just be sitting out on the floor, but you can certainly ask for assistance. They're specifically labeled for Priority Mail.

[quote name='DustBoogie']It'll probably just be sitting out on the floor, but you can certainly ask for assistance. They're specifically labeled for Priority Mail.[/quote]

Awesome, thanks!

[quote name='angrywolf']Awesome, thanks![/QUOTE]

It seems that my post office, anyway, is not carrying the "video" boxes that are perfect for GBA and console games (when shipped via priority). All they have are large flat boxes (roughly 12x10x2.5, which you could use, but would need to add a ton of padding materal), flat rate boxes (which cost more to mail), and 12x12x8 boxes (which are overkill). They said those were the only ones they could order from HQ to have on the floor. However, many more types are available for customers online. I ordered some online from usps.gov and got a 10-pack of each type of video mailer (the large and small - small are perfect for GBA games, large for regular games and DVDs) in about 4 days. Totally free... If 10 is too many (that's the minimum order), just bring the rest back to the PO and leave them in their priority mail supply area - other people will be glad to find them there.

[quote name='DustBoogie']Box. Small box. If you're offering Priority Mail, just use the small collapsable boxes that you can get for free at any post office.. GBA games and the like fit in there perfectly (with room for some padding).

Heck, if it's eBay, do it Priority no matter what, they're paying. For trades, I usually have a small box lying around to use to send them. Never send in a bubble mailer unless you flatten the box and attach it to a sheet of cardboard and the buyer is okay with it, and NEVER send in a plain envelope.

You'll probably get less bitchy advice from other CAGs, but I am an absolute pain in the ass about my GBA boxes :)[/QUOTE]

I've sent out a ton of complete GBA games on Ebay and used the advice up above, Priority Mail boxes with padding are the way to go.

Just put the game in the center of the box because sometimes the sides get a little beat up.

I just got some of the large video boxes from my post office yesterday, so they aren't being completely phased out yet... it takes way too long for the post office to get them to me when I order them, about 1 - 2 weeks minimum.

Blah, I went to the post office that's by where I work and the only boxes they have are for sale...being the cheap ass that I am I'd rather not pay $1.75 - $2.50 just for a box. I'll try the one by my parent's or tomorrow the one by my place, if not, I'll just hunt for a box at the warehouse where I work. Thanks everybody.

Did you specifically ask for priority boxes? Lots of times at the post office I hear people ask for a box and the clerks point them to those ready post boxes they sell. Sometimes the free priority boxes are kept in the back

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Did you specifically ask for priority boxes? Lots of times at the post office I hear people ask for a box and the clerks point them to those ready post boxes they sell. Sometimes the free priority boxes are kept in the back[/quote]

Those are the ones they referred me to!:bomb: Thanks for pointing it out, I'll ask about those tomorrow!

I ship out GBA games all the time, I do send out in a bubble mailer but i have a cardboard cutout that wraps around the game box and held with a couple rubber bands, nobody has ever complained and I've received them that way to, you'd really have try to crush it like that, but some people above have good suggestions to, didn't know about those free boxes.

http://www.veripack.com/Product/dep...geFile=prod&HeaderName=Kraft+Corrugated+Boxes

I use 6 x 6 x 4 Kraft corrugated boxes from Veripack - ordered 50 a few months ago for just under $17 shipped. While not free( yeah, yeah, sacrilege on CAG, I know) they do allow you the option of First Class Mail service which can give a competitive pricing edge against a Priority only auction. They also give you the flexibility of neatly combining a couple of games in the same box.

A single game ships at 6 or 7 ounces with a sheet of bubble wrap around the game and a couple of thin strips of newspaper for vertical filler. If you're mainly shipping singles the 6 x 6 x 2 boxes are worth a look to save a few tenths on weight.

[quote name='grivet']http://www.veripack.com/Product/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=11172&DeptPath%5Fid=120%2C120%2C+11172&ClickedSku=yes&sku=60%2D060604&searched=true&RequestImageFile=prod&HeaderName=Kraft+Corrugated+Boxes

I use 6 x 6 x 4 Kraft corrugated boxes from Veripack - ordered 50 a few months ago for just under $17 shipped. While not free( yeah, yeah, sacrilege on CAG, I know) they do allow you the option of First Class Mail service which can give a competitive pricing edge against a Priority only auction. They also give you the flexibility of neatly combining a couple of games in the same box.

A single game ships at 6 or 7 ounces with a sheet of bubble wrap around the game and a couple of thin strips of newspaper for vertical filler. If you're mainly shipping singles the 6 x 6 x 2 boxes are worth a look to save a few tenths on weight.[/quote]

Thanks for that info, those are much cheaper than the Uline ones, I'll have to check em out when I need more boxes.

[quote name='io']It seems that my post office, anyway, is not carrying the "video" boxes that are perfect for GBA and console games (when shipped via priority). All they have are large flat boxes (roughly 12x10x2.5, which you could use, but would need to add a ton of padding materal), flat rate boxes (which cost more to mail), and 12x12x8 boxes (which are overkill). They said those were the only ones they could order from HQ to have on the floor. However, many more types are available for customers online. I ordered some online from usps.gov and got a 10-pack of each type of video mailer (the large and small - small are perfect for GBA games, large for regular games and DVDs) in about 4 days. Totally free... If 10 is too many (that's the minimum order), just bring the rest back to the PO and leave them in their priority mail supply area - other people will be glad to find them there.[/QUOTE]

MY PO has gotten pissy about Priority boxes too . . . goto the USPS website and you can order all the Priority supplies you want for free . . . they come delivered in about 1 week.

bread's done
Back