Best way to sell/donate an original Xbox?

skrutop

CAGiversary!
I found my old Xbox in the attic, along with the 20 or so games that I have for it. I found out that Gamestop doesn't take trade-ins for them anymore, and I don't have the required boxes and stuff to trade them in on Amazon (assuming they even take them).

I could throw it up on craigslist, though I doubt I'll get much interest. Do any CAGs have a better idea of how to sell it? Or, alternatively, somewhere they would recommend for me to donate it?

If you're set on donating it, you could possibly bring it to a youth center and donate it. Any T or M rated games they'd likely throw away, so you could probably either donate those to Goodwill or Salvation Army, or just sell them for cheap on Craigslist.

[quote name='skrutop']I found my old Xbox in the attic, along with the 20 or so games that I have for it. I found out that Gamestop doesn't take trade-ins for them anymore, and I don't have the required boxes and stuff to trade them in on Amazon (assuming they even take them).

I could throw it up on craigslist, though I doubt I'll get much interest. Do any CAGs have a better idea of how to sell it? Or, alternatively, somewhere they would recommend for me to donate it?[/QUOTE]

For the games, I recommend checking out Goozex.com. Your particular games may or may not be in demand, I can't say, but you'll potentially get "points" for trading them, to use towards newer games. You'll likely get the most value this way.

Glyde.com also allows you to sell XBox games, but you'll have to hold on to them until someone buys your game. Could potentially be forever. You may also want to check out GameHuddle.com, though I'm not sure if they handle original Xbox games.

What you get depends on which games you have, really.

As for the system, working and complete with 2 controllers seems to get you anywhere from $20-$50 on eBay. Craigslist will be a lot of bottom feeders, so you may be best off going with eBay here. Or you could donate the system and get a receipt to use to offset your taxes, if need be.

bread's done
Back