Best way to sell games (ex: new game, collector stuff?)

pinkkirby

CAGiversary!
Hi, I know the obvious answer is Ebay, but is there any other place you can get the most value out of selling games such as recent released titles that rarely been played or games that worth collecting values? A place that I can sell games but also appreciate the fact the games are in EXCELLENT condition for people that are as anal as me.... who probably either only gets brand new or really good condision used games? (like Ikaruga, I had no choice but to get a used one, as soon as I got it, swapped the case, cleaned the disc.... :) )

Examples of what I have:
DMC 4 (ps3 version, played about 2 hours and got sick of it).
Lost Odsy for 360. (Played for about 2 hours, like it but realize I will never finish it.)
Call of duty 4, (loves it but don't think I will ever utlilze the online feature and single player is short)
Smash brother Brawl (played for about 10 mins, still love the N64 version the most.... sigh)
Final Fantasy VII ps1, original black version, excellent condision (stored individully with bags so no scratch. It looks brand new as just took out of the plastic wrap)

The list goes on....

Also, I have quite a bit of classic import stuff, such as Jpn version of genesis (mega drive) and games like shining force II cartridge that looks like brand new as well. Is there some import auction or collector place I can possibly find people taht appreciate these stuff and actually need it?

I sent you a PM, but eBay is the best place depending on your rating. I have seen games go for more under someone with a higher rating then someone with a low rating. You can use craigslist to get the most but you might as well just sell here on CAG.

[quote name='consolecrusader']I sent you a PM, but eBay is the best place depending on your rating. I have seen games go for more under someone with a higher rating then someone with a low rating. You can use craigslist to get the most but you might as well just sell here on CAG.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see, I totally forgot about craigslist.... I am not sure about how everyone else is here, but I would actually pay some extra money if I can get a copy that's in better condition than receiving some used game that have wrinkly/folded manual, etc.... if I intended to keep the game of course. And those old classic imports.. such a waste if it just sits there.......... hope to find some buyers for it but I think most JPN classic stuff are hard to be sold in the states?

I've sold about $450 worth of game stuff on here in the past week so I'd say CAG. Plus you know it's going to people that care about the condition of the game. It's easy to arrange getting pictures and a lot of time people value your stuff as higher than ebay prices because they know you've cared for it so you can either get more money for it or trade it for something that retails for higher. Plus if you get lucky you can undercut ebay prices a little bit for a large bundle but still make more money due to lack of fees and only having to ship to one person.

Edit: It may take a while to sell on here though. I think it took me about 3 weeks to get buyers for the big lots but if you can be patient it's definitely better than ebay. Do be prepared, some people will lowball you but it's easy to ignore them.

[quote name='BIG5']2 hours? 10 minutes? You quit on games pretty quick. Maybe you should be renting first.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it seems right -

DMC is probably one of the best games on ps3 (graphically at least), but it doesn't wow me anymore like how games use to. Felt like nowadays I am getting games just for the heck of it and wasting my money. Like I just have to get it, playing or not is not important...... And I just can't resist the deals posted in CAG. Saw the recent disgaea amazon deal I just went ahead and ordered one... few days later bought a psp.....

I guess thats' why I am here, try to find out where I can get most of my money back on these things :(

Another thing is, for the FFVII, if the condition is really as great as I described - looks perfectly new out of the plastic wrap - what would be a fair price to ask for? Ebay is going for 50 dollars it seems as long as it's not greatest hit edition?

Like I said eBay is the rating system. here you just have to find the right person who will give you a "fair" amount of money. Ok so you JUST bought DMC4 and now you want to sell it right?

Well you won't get $55 for it or maybe not even $50 when you can get it for $45 on eBay or $52 at Gamestop with your %10 Edge Card.

You can say "OH IT IS NEW I OPENED PLASTIC BUT NEVER PLAYED IT" and it doesn't matter its "USED" to the public. I wish you luck and hit me up on that PM I sent you.

[quote name=' I wish you luck and hit me up on that PM I sent you.[/QUOTE']

haha yeah I got the PM but you probably typed too fast and missed few words :)

Do you mean you need it (for gf/yourself?) or you are telilng me I shouldn't sell mine? sorry got confused...

yeah another thing about ebay is I dont' really have good rating, I mean it's 100%, but only been rated few times. Never used ebay that often.

bread's done
Back