Best Way to sell PS2 and Xbox lots?

skrutop

CAGiversary!
I have 2 PS2 fatties (one from launch!), controllers and accessories, and about 60 games (discs and instructions, no cases), as well as an Xbox, controllers and accessories, and about 30 games (again, no cases) that I want to sell. I figured that the CAG community would probably know the best way to maximize the selling price for those.

Amazon's not an option since they seem to only want games and require the games to have cases.

I know that Gamestop would be a total ripoff, though at the same time they'd probably be the easiest way to do it.

I'm not too sure about Glyde; I've never used it and I don't know a) how easy it will be to offload my games and b) if they really turn out to be good, price-wise, after the fees. It also seems like you can only sell games through them, not consoles and accessories.

eBay is always an option for selling lots, but it'll be a crap shoot that anyone will bid on it. Plus I'm not too sure how much money that they take from the sale.

So does anyone have suggestions? If I go the eBay route (which is where I'm leaning), what would you pay for that stuff? I figured like $300 for the PS2 lot and $200 for the Xbox lot. Does that seem fair? Any help is much appreciated.

I would go the eBay route. I would look at what games you have and for the valuable ones (do a search on eBay for completed listings), I would sell those separately and bundle the rest. I'd use a reserve auction with a low starting bid to get more hits.

When you create your eBay auction, it will tell you how much they will charge you to list it and you can check this link for how much they charge you for when it sells.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

Not have any cases for anything is going to really hurt how much you'll make. Honestly, if you have some games that are semi-rare, and are just missing the case, I'd try to track down a case/cover art to make it complete.

Recently went through the same thing. I would start by going through your collection and determine if you have any rare/pricy games that you'd like to sell separately and, like Walt Jay suggested, try to sell those on eBay (check out recent prices to see if it's worth the hassle).

Then bundle the rest of your games with your systems and sell those on Craigslist. There's bound to be a parent out there looking for a good, reasonably priced gift for their kids and an older system, complete with games.

As to the prices, gut instinct is that those are way too high (you're competing with current gen systems at that price, and there's not a great demand for a system and a 60 game collection). To get to that much out of your collection, I'd list out the games you have and invite people to make their own bundles. One game for $5, three for $10. A system and five games for $50. Sell accessories separately, there's bound to be somebody looking for a special cable or extra controller. (you know your collection, so whatever pricing works for you.) It will add up in the end.

It depends on the games really. If half your collection is sports titles the value is extremely low. If you have a good mix you'd be lucky to collect $100 for either collection IMO, plus shipping will set you back about $20-ish if you Ebay it.

Your best bet (once you do what has been recommended already) is to put it on Craigslist (no fees or shipping costs). If there are any valuable ones you might want to try to force everything together with the more valuable ones being the biggest selling point.

I recently sold 10 original Xbox games, including all the Halo's, Chaos Theory, Thief 3, Deus Ex and a few other AAA titles for $15 shipped. I made 8 bucks in the end. :(

The real question is, why did you throw your cases away?

This is a serious question regarding the psychology of throwing useful shit away.

[quote name='horns456']It depends on the games really. If half your collection is sports titles the value is extremely low. If you have a good mix you'd be lucky to collect $100 for either collection IMO, plus shipping will set you back about $20-ish if you Ebay it.

Your best bet (once you do what has been recommended already) is to put it on Craigslist (no fees or shipping costs). If there are any valuable ones you might want to try to force everything together with the more valuable ones being the biggest selling point.

I recently sold 10 original Xbox games, including all the Halo's, Chaos Theory, Thief 3, Deus Ex and a few other AAA titles for $15 shipped. I made 8 bucks in the end. :([/QUOTE]

Xbox lots can come out pretty darn low sometimes; I find it helps sometimes to list individual games at $4 + $4 shipping (if the market can sustain it). I sold a complete version of "The Warriors" this way.

Also check out the completed listings to get a sense whether folks will bid on a particular game.

Thanks for the info, CAGs. I think I'll go the craigslist route.

[quote name='zenintrude']The real question is, why did you throw your cases away?

This is a serious question regarding the psychology of throwing useful shit away.[/QUOTE]

Because they were taking up space in my old apartment and my wife wanted me to get rid of them. I got a DVD wallet and threw the games and instructions in there. I figured at some point I'd go back to these games, but I had a PS1 for five years after the PS2 came out and never touched it again. Figured I'd dump my old stuff and get some money for it. I'm not much of a collector.

[quote name='skrutop']Because they were taking up space in my old apartment and my wife wanted me to get rid of them. I got a DVD wallet and threw the games and instructions in there. I figured at some point I'd go back to these games, but I had a PS1 for five years after the PS2 came out and never touched it again. Figured I'd dump my old stuff and get some money for it. I'm not much of a collector.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. You obviously aren't a collector, but MANY on CAG are. So trying to sell the games here for more than maybe $1-2 each unless they're something rare/sought after(see: Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2, etc) would be an effort in futility.

If anything, I would've tossed the wife out and kept the games intact. I had an ex like her who tried tossing out the cases and stuff for mint condition PS1 games I was giving her for her daughter, yet she kept all of the cases for HER own shit. That's why she's an ex.:D

Plop em up on Craigslist, ask like $100 for the whole lot and consider it a miracle if you get that if you only have Madden 2002 through 2009 and tons of other sports games too.

Not trying to be rude, but just saying that some folks DO value complete/mint condition stuff.:D

eStarland is offering 40% additional credit on all Playstation 2, Xbox and GameCube game trade-ins between now and January 10, 2011 This additional 40% combined with our unbeatable trade-in values will get you top dollar for all your games!

To qualify for this promotion, just follow these steps:

1. Place your order by January 10, 2011 and send it by its due date.
2. Print out this email or write "eStarland Extra 40%" on a piece of paper and include it in your trade-in.
3. Receive your 40% extra credit when your order is completed!

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']eStarland is offering 40% additional credit on all Playstation 2, Xbox and GameCube game trade-ins between now and January 10, 2011 This additional 40% combined with our unbeatable trade-in values will get you top dollar for all your games!

To qualify for this promotion, just follow these steps:

1. Place your order by January 10, 2011 and send it by its due date.
2. Print out this email or write "eStarland Extra 40%" on a piece of paper and include it in your trade-in.
3. Receive your 40% extra credit when your order is completed![/QUOTE]

If I could get the site to work, this may be a pretty good deal for my harder-to-find games. Was this an email you received? Any way I could talk you into posting an image of it on the site?

bread's done
Back