Best way to ship internationally?

Rouzhokuu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
I am in the US, and I have a book that I need to ship over to the UK.

Anyone here have experience shipping internationally?

Is any one company cheapest? USPS, Fedex, UPS, etc?

Also, any tips on keeping costs down?

Thanks. =)

I've used USPS Global Priority Mail to send things to Japan with pretty good success. It's not that expensive and is relatively quick. Most things got to their destination within a week.

Yeah I think the USPS is your best bet, other companies will tack on fuel surcharges which will bring up the price. I ship things to the UK all the time USPS and have been doing so for years and the packages always get through. It usually takes me around 10-12 days to get a package to the UK. Just make sure you fill out the proper customs form, its not hard at all and if you need help you can always get help from the post office.

I wouldn't recommend sending over a big holiday weekend if possible or during X-mas time because there is more chance that your package will take longer or get held up by customs, which is pretty rare but it can happen.

Yeah, trickiest part is customs, they will always grab random packages and search them, and if they find anything missing it will put a huge delay on the item getting to its destination.

Just make sure you have all the necessary paperwork. For a book, a customs invoice will be sufficient.

bread's done
Back