Best way to spread word of something?

shinryuu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
So my friend is an artist (hip-hop/rap genre). What would be the best way to get his music heard? I wanna surprise him and get him a bunch of views and such. So far I've been posting on forums and asking for RTs on Twitter. Any other ideas? Also, might as well put this here...

Facebook (Please like him!)
Soundcloud

You could put it on YouTube, and tag it with random things that a ton of people are going to be looking at, like Lil Wayne and Twilight.

[quote name='shinryuu']So my friend is an artist (hip-hop/rap genre). What would be the best way to get his music heard? I wanna surprise him and get him a bunch of views and such. So far I've been posting on forums and asking for RTs on Twitter. Any other ideas? Also, might as well put this here...

Facebook (Please like him!)
Soundcloud[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you already doing it since your posing spam as a question asking for help so people come in and see your links. You dont need help, your doing it already.

[quote name='shinryuu']So my friend is an artist (hip-hop/rap genre). What would be the best way to get his music heard?[/QUOTE]

Walk through the mall with a ghetto blaster on your shoulder. Then run through the mall when security shows up.

Make sure it's good before you going YouTubing and Facebooking. Last thing you want is a bunch of folks saying your friend's music blows. Also, there may be copyright issues at stake, so be wary and know for sure your buddy wants the assist. Some folks don't like other people spreading their stuff around.

After you've got those things down (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter), try hitting up appropriate markets for the music - I'm guessing CAG isn't a big hip-hop/rap nexus, but there have to be sites specializing in that type of music. Find those and write the editors, ask them to listen to the song(s) and give props on their site, then back-link to those sites on YouTube, Facebook, etc., so they get traffic back from other viewers. Tell them you'll crosslink.

Should keep you busy for a while.

I know it sounds bad but the best way is torrent sites. One of the major two music trackers would really spread the word of the band. And believe it or not most of the people on these sites are the ones who actually still buy cds. So in the end its a good place to spread the word of new bands, much like Napster once was.

Besides hitting up and maintaining a base of operations on every social network site you can think of, uploading his music on YouTube AND MySpace, harassing forums and the like, you can also send his music to various blog sites like 2dopeboys and NahRight in hopes they post it.

If dude is on his grind like he should be though he'll already have done most of this or at least been focused on creating a solid buzz locally.

Thanks guys. As for the copyright issue, there's a reason he specifically chose soundcloud. Haven't done YouTube yet because I think he wants to make a video. Will look into some of those major music blog sites. =p

[quote name='gargus']Sounds like you already doing it since your posing spam as a question asking for help so people come in and see your links. You dont need help, your doing it already.[/QUOTE]

It's a legitimate question. I'm not going to create a topic on this and not post what I'm trying to achieve.

Tell him to put on his sketchiest clothes and walk around Wal-Mart parking lots asking people if they want to buy a burned copy of his CD. People seem to do that all the time in my town.

bread's done
Back