Best ways to remove EB/Gamestop USED stickers?

Caliburn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
What's the best way to remove those damn-near permanent EB/GS stickers from N64 carts that are affixed to the cartridge front or rear?

I've tried peeling slowly with mixed success and I've had one success gently removing it with a switchblade. But most often, it would take a bit of the cart's label with it.

Are there any methods using H202 (hydrogen peroxide) or any homespun methods? The sticker residue is no problem - it's removing the sticker that makes me sometimes shun.

I just wish they'd slap the stickers on the actual cart, aside from the label. :bomb:

Use some zippo lighter fluid, well any lighter fluid would work. Pour a little bit on where the sticker is and it'll come off easily residue and all.

[quote name='Thongsy']Use some zippo lighter fluid, well any lighter fluid would work. Pour a little bit on where the sticker is and it'll come off easily residue and all.[/QUOTE]

You can use a blow dryer to peel off the sticker, and then wipe the residue off the with the lighter fluid.

[quote name='banpeikun']i thought the GS ones came off easily. EB is another story though[/quote]

Yeah, most of the GS ones will come off easily. But I had a few N64 games and DC games where the sticker was half torn after trying to peel it off. Goo Gone is the best way to me, since it helps peel the sticker away.

[quote name='banpeikun']i thought the GS ones came off easily. EB is another story though[/QUOTE]

Sometime in '04 or '05 they started to use stickers that could easily be peeled off. They looked the same as the old ones, but the old ones wouldn't come off. Since the OP is talking about n64 games, they're probably the old stickers.

To remove stickers would best to use a blow dryer. This will melt the sticky residue which allows you to remove stickers. Just make sure you're not too close to the package/product. Just enough to heat up the glue on the sticker.

Ive tried this for customers when I was working at EB/GameStop and even on stuff that I bought to give as gifts.

Take the cover out of the case first and use Gone Goo to slightly soak up the stickers. Give it a minute and then peel it off with ease. Finally put some Gone Gone on a paper towel and rug the remaining glue off.

All of the gamestop/ebgames around here put the stickers on top of the paper cover inside the case.. Would glue gone or something like that work with those without damaging the cover?

[quote name='Dwapook']All of the gamestop/ebgames around here put the stickers on top of the paper cover inside the case.. Would glue gone or something like that work with those without damaging the cover?[/quote]

That is just retarded. :roll:

I use googone to remove stickers. It wont hurt the label too much as long as you dont 'scrub' the area too hard. Googone needs some time to work, so apply some until the sticker is saturated, then let is sit for 5-10 minutes. Then carefully peel off the sticker. Several applications may be needed to get the area comepletely clean. I use googone exclusively on discs, carts, and cases, and Ive never had any damage to the labels when Im careful.

Lighter fluid. Don't scrub; peel off what you can and soak the rest. The beauty is that it evaporates quickly so it won't end up soaking through any other stickers (cart games). This is what I use to take price stickers off of used records without damaging the sleeves.

bread's done
Back