Best website for making video game collection lists?

Collectordragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I'm looking for the best site to catalog my video game collection on. I know of GameSpot and IGN. Any others? I haven't tried IGN's yet but GameSpot's is decent. One annoying thing is if you have a game on your want list and then add it to your collection it won't move or delete the listing from your want list so then the same game appears in both places. Another bad thing is that if a game has been released in Japan and announced for the US but not yet released you can't have it as part of your collection even though you might have the Japanese version and want to add it.

What about other collections? I know you can do movies on IGN as well and IMDB recently launched a new feature that offers that ability. The bad part about the IMDB list is that you can only list the title of a movie you own and not which version or release you have. Like I have the Back to the Future box set but I can't list it as such.

I use both IGN and GameTZ.com

Both can track movies and games. The nice thing about GameTZ is that if they don't have your item listed, you can request a listing for it.

I use IGN. It's good enough for my uses. And specific to your problem with GameSpot, if you have a game on your wishlist and move it to your collection, it will take it out of your wishlist.

To be quite honest, I've yet to find a really good 'collection list' service or site. It just doesn't exist, and my goodness, the web needs one.

So while I wait for that wonderful service, I use IGN. Their game list, as well as management and customizability features are the most robust that I've seen.

Then again, I was thinking about making my own listing system on my website, for my personal use, so I may not be using IGN for long.

I just typed up a list on a freewebs page (fortunately I started that in early 2004 when I only had around 75 games), but if I didn't use that I'd be using RFGeneration. They have a great staff dedicated to the site and database and it's leaps and bounds over IGN and GameSpot.

bread's done
Back