Best WiiWare Game to Get?

jaredstorm

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, just wondering what a good WiiWare game is that is under 12 Bones. I'm gonna be buying Super Metroid on VC soon, so I'll have some points left over.

So please let me know. I prefer a long..ish game too. Thanks!

Well, Tetris Party is exactly 1200 points and has endless replay value with a strong online mode (even though the online rankings are totally borked). But I have a feeling that's not the type of "long...ish game" you are looking for.

Picking up two of the excellent Bit.Trip games (I'd pick Void and Beat, personally) is another good way to spend all 1200 points. The games are fairly short but quite difficult - so you'll need to practice quite a bit to finish them and play even more if you want to master the high score list.

After those recommendations, I'd look at something from this list:
- Swords & Soldiers
- Mega Man 9/10
- Military Madness

If you want really long games, you might be better off looking at more of the Virtual Console offerings. There are dozens of incredible games that would last longer than any WiiWare title because they were designed as blockbusters when first released.

The Phoenix Wright games are a pretty good value. It can get expensive with all the add-ons, but My Life as King is a very fun one.

[quote name='seanr1221']Cave Story.[/QUOTE]

Totally forgot this was only 1200 points. Great suggestion for an excellent game, and while it's not very long there is definite replay value to see the different endings.

I'm pretty sure that Final Fantasy Chronicles: My Life As King and World of Goo are both 1500 points, so those suggestions aren't as helpful. The other Final Fantasy Chronicles game should only be 1000 points though, and is interesting enough if you like Tower Defense style gameplay.

World of Goo (1500 points) is the best Wiiware game. Cave Story (1200), Lost Winds (1000) and Lost Winds Winters of Melodias (1000) are also excellent. World of Goo and Cave Story are around 8-10 hours. Lost Winds and Lost Winds Winters of Melodias are around 3-4 hours (the first is 30 or so minutes shorter than the second). I really enjoyed Mega Man 10 as well.

cave story is very good, but it also can be difficult, the end, and extra end especially.
the lost winds games are both great, much more modern (easier) difficulty levels
check out nintendolife.com as they have reviewed all wiiware games released

I ended up going with Lostwinds 2, I like it so far. The jumping was so hard for me at first, but now its a BREEZZZZE (see what I did there? ;) )

I don't know what WiiWare game I'll get next. Probably Cave Story.

I am really fond of NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits personally, enjoyed it more than both LostWinds games (which I enjoyed both of them a lot too)

its 1000 points, I wanna say it was around 4 hours.

bread's done
Back