Best/Worst Box Arts of 2004

[quote name='rebenns']BEST - Actually, I like the simplicity of Halo 2 CE.
Worst - ESPN 2K5 is bad, but there was a worse title. I can't remember the name of the game, but it was shown in EGM; the cover art shows a badly drawn teenage girl who is the star of the game. It is for XBox, and was originally supposed to be a launch title for the system, but didn't come out until this year.[/quote]

I think you're talking about Malice. It's got a red-headed girl with a hammer on the cover.

[quote name='help1']Best: HALO:CE

Looks better in person... picture just doesn't do it justice...

B0002LI6EO.02.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Worst: Killzone... just looked not official...

918762.jpg
[/quote]
How do you think this cover looks bad? In an artistic view it looks pretty kool.

And for that one Muscle game, i didnt even know that that was a game :shock: I just thought it was a verry crapy TV show.

I agree with The Guy Game being one of the worst. For a game whose main selling point is topless chicks, you'd think they'd focus more on the chicks on the cover. And that annoying face the guy is making, I just want to smack him.

[quote name='YellowJokeR']And for that one Muscle game, i didnt even know that that was a game :shock: I just thought it was a verry crapy TV show.[/quote]

That game ruled! There was that one dude with the claws who could fly across the screen....

BEST: 1. HALO 2 CE 2. FABLE 3. DOA Ultimate (I agree with Rozz completely)

WORST: Trigger Man (Geesh I don't know what is worse- the game or the cover?!), Backyard Wrestling 2 (divert your eyes off the chick for a moment and take a look at the dudes standing next to her- pretty scary stuff!), Bad Boys: Miami Takedown (are these bad boys trying to leave their own video game- I don't blame them!)

Best:

Me gusta mucho
243597.jpg

I like the color usage on this one, and the double case packaging.
236112x.jpg

MMM, Shiny
243446.jpg

We are not hiding the rediculous art style or nature of our game in the least.
245588.jpg

I also like how the GBA Classic NES games were designed, It would have been even better to put them in the classic NES tall cardboard boxes with all the original cover art..

And the Worst:

Worst Title and box art.. SUPER ARMY WAR! YOU FIGHT! ARMY WAR! GENERIC ARMY MAN FIGHT AND TANK!
255326.jpg

I don't know if they're pissed off at each other or engulfed by lust.. *note, hand holding, gentle touch of thigh*
B00009YEJK.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Apparently, too hardcore to include anything but a lone pinball on the cover..
B00006JBT6.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

BUT! No cover pissed me off so much this year, as this one..
B00009YXDR.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I really had no intention of picking on atlus, but they really need to fire their art people.

They made it in the same style as the old cover, but about a hundred times crappier. As if to say, yeah, we know how bad ass the original was, and because of that, we're going to smear some shit around in the general shape of the original and release that. It doesn't match the art style of the actual game whatsoever.. ick. terrible art, great game.

Added another best:

671832.jpg

mr pants' complete and total lack of shame is an example to all of us, showing up in his very own game debut with nothing but a bowler hat, some BVDs, and a playful smile.

Added worst:

Incase you didn't believe the horrifying visage of terror that plagues the rumble roses cover, here.

B0002RQ3H0.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

:shock:

The Mortal Kombat: Deception cover arts look pretty sweet. The worst might've been that new WWF game. Or the Guy Game. They both look pretty freaky.

[quote name='jer7583']

Apparently, too hardcore to include anything but a lone pinball on the cover..
B00006JBT6.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hardcore Pinball? Lame title also.

My pick: Raiden LE MK:D for XBox, I really really really liked the cover. Also Otogi 2 was beautiful.

Worst: I'll go with River City Ransom EX, followed by Triggerman.

bread's done
Back