Best/Worst Hockey Games

[quote name='javeryh']Best: NHLPA 1993 for the Genesis[/quote]
QFT.

Used to play it non stop during the genesis days.

When it comes out on the Wii VC (Which I hope is soon) It will probably be my only VC purchase.

Definatley worth the $8, if not even more, even though i still have the original.

NHL Rock the Rink for PS1 also Kicks Ass.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']QFT.

Used to play it non stop during the genesis days.

When it comes out on the Wii VC (Which I hope is soon) It will probably be my only VC purchase.

Definatley worth the $8, if not even more, even though i still have the original.

NHL Rock the Rink for PS1 also Kicks Ass.[/quote]

Nintendo won't let it come as I believe the reason for it being NHLPA and not NHL was because of the blood and fighting.

NHL (the first) would be a great alternative imo.

Blades of Steel for the NES

Wayne Gretzky's 3D hockey for the N64

Gretzky's hockey for the 64 was just too cool. I played it for hours on end, layin the smack down on the other team, goalies turning into brick walls, gettin on fire, the game was so addictive.

I should go play it again for some nostalgia :D

[quote name='javeryh']Best: NHLPA 1993 for the Genesis

EDIT: Hat Trick (arcade) was (and still is) excellent. This game is one of the most played on my Mame cab.

hattrick.png
[/quote]

Never really liked the original as much as 94, and especially 95. 94 on the SNES was awesome, and by far the best on that system. With the Genesis, you can go wrong with NHL 94, 95 or 94 on the Sega CD. 96 was the beginning of the end.

I think the only hockey game I've ever owned is NHL Hitz 20-03 for the Gamecube. I bought it used at Blockbuster Video when they were clearancing out a bunch of games a few years ago, and had tons of fun playing it.

Glad to see Mutant League getting some love. This thread makes me want to start playing hockey games again.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i totally have to agree with everyone that said nhlpa '93. so much so, that i feel it necessary to post this:

Picture013-vi.jpg

once, my friend's tim cheveldae scored a goal on my tim cheveldae. it ruled.

in addition, i'll have to say that ice hockey for the nes was good, i liked nhl open ice, and i actually liked nhl 2003. it's kind of a weird game that tries to balance sim and arcade, and i think it works pretty well. too bad it was a year before online play.[/QUOTE]

ahhh the hours I've spent playing this game - it's been years. this was a great game.

in which nhl series could you start checking people over the boards and shattering the glass - 95?

Wayne Gretzky's 3d Hockey 98 for N64 and NHL 94 for Genesis/Nomad.

Gretzky was freaking amazing. N64 was too good with multiplayer games.

It's all about the Wayne 64. That game is genius. Especially because of the ability to knock people out on the ice.

Best = The Original NHL Hockey for the Genesis
Honorable mention NHL Hitz 20-03 (Xbox)

Worst: Mario Lemieux Hockey for the Genesis... Loved Mario, but the game was dreadful!

[quote name='ChefEspeff']It's all about the Wayne 64. That game is genius. Especially because of the ability to knock people out on the ice.[/QUOTE]

I just got Wayne Gretzky 98 for N64 and I can't stand it. I never played Wayne 64, are they alike?

RC

bread's done
Back