best wrestling game for x-box?

[quote name='chrishicks']I'm putting together my order at EB and I want to get a good wrestling game. what games are the best?[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I love my Xbox.

I love wrestling games.

There are *NO* good wrestling games for Xbox. Raw 2 is tolerable, maybe even good.

LoW series is no fun to play, IMO.

What else is there? The Wild Rings, an import title (tho, to be accurate, it does feature sumo, MMA, boxing, etc.), sucks too.

myke.

should I just skip the game for the x-box and get one for PS2 or the gamecube?

edit: this is my 1st ever wrestling game purchase on any platform so I really have no idea of what's good or really bad.

Yes. Get "Here Comes The Pain" for PS2, it's the best one out there.

I enjoy Showdown LOW and Raw 2, if not for the custom themes and create-a-entrance.. WM21 seems like it'll be so/so.. stick with HCTP on PS2. Can't go wrong.

I'd get Here Comes The Pain on the PS2. My favorite WWE game for this current generation. Raw vs. Smackdown is also decent, but more money.

IMO, Day of Reckoning on Cube plays a lot better than the arcade-style of the ps2 games. For sheer amounts of junk in create-a-wrestler, though, the ps2 definitely has the Cube trumped.

The orginal Def Jam Vendetta game is more of a wrestling title than the new game. The new one is more of a all out brawling, wrestling, street fight.

As for Raw 2 it is worth about $5-10. Good graphics and roster just not there in game play.

If you have a PS2 I would recommend Smackdown vs Raw or HCTP.
Gamecube Day of Rec or Wrestlemania XIX

[quote name='Scorch']Yes. Get "Here Comes The Pain" for PS2, it's the best one out there.

I enjoy Showdown LOW and Raw 2, if not for the custom themes and create-a-entrance.. WM21 seems like it'll be so/so.. stick with HCTP on PS2. Can't go wrong.[/quote]

Agree'd!

HCTP is $30 cheaper than Smackdown vs. Raw, and has a much fuller roster (Austin, Lesnar, Goldberg, Steiner, Ultimo Dragon, etc.). SvR has online, but it's so remedial that it's not even that fun.

myke.
...regrettably a Steiner fan, hoping that nobody chastises me for mentioning him in the same breath as UD.

Steiner was good in his day. I wasn't a fan of his newer character, but I loved the Steiner Brothers. STEINERLINE~!

But yeah, the roster in SvsR is just pathetic. For god's sake, there's not even a current version of The Rock, just a legend version. HCTP is definately still the king.

i got a ps2 yesterday nearly just for the wrestling titles..i have SD2 from the ps..its still one of the best..i would buy any of the SD series for the ps2 IMO

[quote name='Scorch']Steiner was good in his day. I wasn't a fan of his newer character, but I loved the Steiner Brothers. STEINERLINE~!

But yeah, the roster in SvsR is just pathetic. For god's sake, there's not even a current version of The Rock, just a legend version. HCTP is definately still the king.[/quote]

Something about him appeals to me; it sure as hell wasn't his wrestling (after around 1996 or so). I was totally taken in by his Nitro retirement speech and everything leading up to it. If I remember correctly, I was ready to cry because I thought I was seeing a hyper-macho wrestler open up. I was such a mark. How I miss those days.

I also recall his WWE debut appealing to me at SS 2001(2002?). Interrupting Mattitude and Shannon Moore.

"Gimmie that fuckin' mic!"

awesome.

myke.

So svr's Rock has hair and no tribal tattoo? Interesting. I guess this show the WWE's perception of Rock in relation to their company now, huhu? I liked the addition of Mankind (I don't think he made it into HCTP); Mankind is awesome, but Mankind is not Cactus Jack.

myke.

Steiner was okay, the thing about him that bugged me, which probably wasn't his fault entirely, was in the WCW days, they'd just give him an open mic, with no real direction on what to say and he'd never make much sense when trying to talk in the ring or he'd stammer and mispronounce everything. They really needed to write him a script and have him follow it for his promos, as he was not too good at adlibing on the spot. Good times though. When he came to WWE, he seemed more confident on the mic and knew where he was going with his promos, probably because they had better writers and more direction in the show.

The best wrestlers are HCTP and Def Jam Vendetta. HCTP has a great roster, tons of match types, and a great story mode, while Def Jam Vendetta has a better wrestling engine, but no real wrestlers (though there are about a dozen rappers to play as), a too short story mode, and bare bones match types. Haven't played FFNY yet, but it is supposed to be good, though it's still expensive.

FFNY is only marginally a wrestling game. It's a fighting game with an AKI-developed control set. It is great fun, but I would be very hesitant to call it a wrestling game.

myke.

So svr's Rock has hair and no tribal tattoo? Interesting. I guess this show the WWE's perception of Rock in relation to their company now, huhu? I liked the addition of Mankind (I don't think he made it into HCTP); Mankind is awesome, but Mankind is not Cactus Jack.

It's old school Rock. The Rock. Like the one from JBI.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/558/558956p1.html

Old school, like NOD.

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-20041022020642619.jpg

You are correct about Foley, none of his gimmicks were in HCTP, and I think that was probably the only notable omission.

yea raw 2 is the best your gonna get on xbox.. legends showdown is not that bad at all and could prove entertaining if you like odler wrestlers...

supreme wrestling game would be DOR

and BIG POPPA PUMP IS DA MAN!!!

bread's done
Back