Best xbox games not called Halo?

doubledown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Ok, I recently hooked up my XBOX again (for MVP 05), but I was curious what I actually missed since I hooked up my 360.

What do people consider the BEST original XBOX games of all time?

Ninja Gaiden Black is the best game on the system by a mile. Infinitely better than Halo IMO. Panzer Dragoon Orta and Jet Set Radio Future are also fantastic... but NGB... you need that.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Ninja Gaiden Black
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay

Fable is kinda weak..

However, the KotORs are both awesome.

Jade Empire is pretty good too.

I can't think of any more as all my games are sitting in a box at my new place...

I would say the top Xbox games would be

KOTOR
Jade Empire
Ninja Gaiden Black
Psychonauts
Jet Set Radio

All of those are great games.

my top 5 halo-free list is as follows (in no particular order)

burnout 3
psychonauts
ninja gaiden
fable
beyond good and evil

My favorite xbox games are:

Ninja Gaiden
Half Life 2 (I prefer the pc version but this one is good also)
Psychonauts
Thief Deadly Shadows
Jade Empire

[quote name='pop311']Wow, no one has said Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. Perfect game[/quote] Close to perfect. I really lost interest in it and was about to put it down until the big plot twist in the middle of the game. Once that happened I was hooked. Damn near everybody has said Ninja Gaiden for good reason. It's one of the best games ever made for any system. Also Doom 3 for the Xbox is fantastic. Purists would argue that the PC version is better, but the limitations of the Xbox made for smaller, more cramped levels. This intentionally or unintentionally added a bit of claustrophobia that really added to the mood and atmosphere of the game. I've played through both the PC and Xbox versions more than once and I prefer the Xbox version, hands down.

Still in my pile of shame, but let's not forget (EDIT: Oops! Already mentioned) Chronicles of Riddick. Hey, I'm as amazed about that as anyone.

And MVP '05 was my favorite Xbox game that year, hands down.

The Splinter Cell series, while available elsewhere (eventually), was an integral part of the Xbox experience for many.

P.S. PGR2 still makes its sequel look bad. Well, except in the graphical 'looking bad' sense.

Burnout 3 (> Revenge, IMHO.)
Ghost Recon 2 (also Summit Strike)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

*this space reserved for future use*

BTW, disagree on Jade Empire. Fun, good, but not "best".

Ok, I guess I didn't miss too many....I never really played KOTOR (not a big RPG fan). I've played most of those games, just curious what I missed....thanks for all the suggestions.

[quote name='doubledown']Ok, I guess I didn't miss too many....I never really played KOTOR (not a big RPG fan). I've played most of those games, just curious what I missed....thanks for all the suggestions.[/quote]

Prior to KOTOR, I had never played a single RPG (and haven't since) and I loved that game (the sequel, not so much, but it was still pretty good)

I'll probably be buying an XBOX for $50 and maybe a game or two from this guy I know. Is that a good deal?

How is this list of games I intend on getting. Any other stuff? (Mostly looking for exclusives or stuff that is just better on XBOX than on PS2).

Halo 1
Halo 2
Black
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorow
Jade Empire
Fable
Star Wars KOTOR
Conkers Bad Fur Day
Ghost Recon 2
A Rainbow Six game
Unreal Tournament