Bestbuy 2day sale 1/28-1/29 GOW3 $25 many more

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Was just checking out CAG's Pricetracker and noticed Best Buy has God of War III (PS3) down to $34.99. I haven't really been tracking the price of this game so I'm not sure if this is a great deal, but I don't recall seeing it go on sale often.

In-store pick up is the way to go of course. Otherwise it's $2.99 shipping (free for silver rz members)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/God+of+War+III+-+PlayStation+3/9201106.p?id=1218057381594&skuId=9201106&cmp=RMX&ky=2mgAShwh2M6GFLq2wOXyck5m3ciOgcKD8&AID=10597222&PID=1312731&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2FGod%2Bof%2BWar%2BIII%2B-%2BPlayStation%2B3%2F9201106.p%3Fid%3D1218057381594%26skuId%3D9201106%26cmp%3DRMX%26ky%3D2mgAShwh2M6GFLq2wOXyck5m3ciOgcKD8&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

[quote name='rpgfan']Oh? Can we get Amazon to price match this?[/QUOTE]

If enough people refer this on Amazon "found a better price" link yes. But if you're referring to the collector's edition then no since that's been removed from the website awhile back now.

GOW3 $25
Metroid other M $30
Both pokemom DS $30 each(gold/ silver)
RB3 Wii $30
Epic Mickey $40
Super Mario Galaxy 2 $40
Kirby epic yarn $40
DJ rapstar bundle x360 $40
Sim3 $45 both
FIFA 2011 $45 both
Fallout NV $50 both

[quote name='Donut2922']If enough people refer this on Amazon "found a better price" link yes. But if you're referring to the collector's edition then no since that's been removed from the website awhile back now.[/QUOTE]

Where is Amazon's found a better price link? I'd like to help get this price matched by reporting it but I am not sure where to send the link.

[quote name='biledriver']The prices on old Pokemon games are always such a damn joke.[/QUOTE]

Because little kids steadily keep buying them.

[quote name='e658']GOW3= God of war 3, not gears, in case anyone else was mistakenly excited, like me :p[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing! LOL :(

[quote name='Koolpsych']Where is Amazon's found a better price link? I'd like to help get this price matched by reporting it but I am not sure where to send the link.[/QUOTE]

You go to the bottom of the GOW3 product page on Amazon and their is a place to tell them about a better price.

[quote name='e658']GOW3= God of war 3, not gears, in case anyone else was mistakenly excited, like me :p[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Comp625']I thought the same thing! LOL :([/QUOTE]

You thought that a game that isn't going to be released for at least half a year was on sale at Best Buy right now? :)

There is one ultimate edition of gow3 here in indy( by lafayette st). also found a used copy of metroid prime trilogy which i bought for 30$. was in awsome shape.

GOW3 is only 14.99 at blockbuster B&M. It was a really good deal when they had the b1g1 free on 14.99 and under back at Christmas.

Thats a good deal on a great game. GOW3 was my favorite in the series. It has scale that I've never seen in any other video game.

To get the link to work for the ultimate edition you just search any random game instore for Best Buy and just replace the SKU ID part with 9724314.

The price was marked down months ago so it's YMMV on even finding this one.

Isn't it better to give us the direct link instead of us having through search something that doesn't exist..."We're sorry. We didn't find any matches for "9724314 " in All Categories"

I got the ultimate edition for free with the b2g1 free deal. Got 2 LBP2 CE and my best buy was out of stock of many good games. So figured i pick up the Ultimate Edition.

[quote name='wusspuck']There is one ultimate edition of gow3 here in indy( by lafayette st). also found a used copy of metroid prime trilogy which i bought for 30$. was in awsome shape.[/QUOTE]

I'd totally pick up the Metroid Prime Trilogy is I could find it anywhere. I have 1 & 2 on my Gamecube but could never quite get into them (in part because of the control scheme). I've heard these play great on the Wii. Hopefully, I'll find one soon -- if not, I suppose there's always eBay.

That's the first time I've seen the link to tell amazon about a lower price. Smart move by amazon, let the deal shoppers do your work for you to make sure you are competitive on product pricing.

I already have the game, but I submitted the link to help those that don't.

Picked it up from Bestbuy.If you place order thr amazon but later on cancel it as they don`t charge until they ship .When canceling they ask you reason. here you can mention you found cheaper price and store link and request`em to match it.

Or easy way there is feedback box if you scroll page all the way down below discussion board of same product.Here you can click "Tell us about Lower price" and then you can mention detail of website or store with price and shipping and submit it .

[quote name='rzenger']You go to the bottom of the GOW3 product page on Amazon and their is a place to tell them about a better price.[/QUOTE]

I did this a few hours ago and now the price has gone up!

[quote name='Donut2922']good looking out - how do you figure out the sku's for games?[/QUOTE]
I just use search terms like the game's name and best buy and I look for a reviews.bestbuy.com page for the deleted ones.

That's how I've found the SKU's for quite a few deleted items before.

Thing is, I wouldn't likely even bother with the God Of War III Ultimate Edition here in the U.S. as the Pandora's Box replica feels cheap and all of the extras are download codes. This is in stark contrast to the UK version of the ultimate edition, where they give you CD's/DVD's for all of the extras AND even include a copy of the God Of War Collection in the package for about the same price.

The Blockbuster Video near me had a bunch of the regular version used for $14.99 . Not sure why. Everything else was way overpriced. I'm sure it's YMMV though. I live around Athens, GA.

Man, people should just get used copies at Blockbuster if they are still $14.99. Its not like Blu-Rays scratch easilly.

[quote name='repetske']The Blockbuster Video near me had a bunch of the regular version used for $14.99 . Not sure why. Everything else was way overpriced. I'm sure it's YMMV though. I live around Athens, GA.[/QUOTE]

Not YMMV at all - though I am surprised any copies are left after the B1G1 free on $14.99 and under titles before Christmas. Each store had like 6-10 copies but most got bought up during that sale. Sorry so many CAGs seem to have missed out on it but there was a huge thread about it that was often at the top of the Deals forum during the sale ;).

They had a lot more great games for $14.99 and under too. The only reason you are saying that everything else is way overpriced is that for the most part all the cheap stuff got bought up back then and so that only left the $20 and up games.

But Blockbuster often has some great lower-than-normal prices on used games. And if they are PS3 games (less scratches) then that can be a great deal. GoW III is just one example but there have been many others over the years. E.g, they dropped Beatles Rock Band to $14.99 when most other stores still had it for $40 new/ $35 used. It just depends on what they are overstocked on and not necessarily on the "value" of the game. They had so many copies of GoW III so that's why it dropped faster than some others.

[quote name='Monroeski']You thought that a game that isn't going to be released for at least half a year was on sale at Best Buy right now? :)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was wondering this as well. You can buy Gears 3 now for $25, you'll just have to wait 6 months to play it (then you'll need to put down a non-refundable deposit of $35 + tax to get the actual media).

bread's done
Back