BestBuy 4 for $25 B&M YMMV

FrOsT-E

CAGiversary!
Walked in Best Buy today to find a double sided clearance shelf. Sign said 4 for $25.

Walked out with:
Magical Starsign (DS)
Resident Evil Deadly Silence (DS)
Jump Superstars (DS Import)
FF7 Dirge of Cerberus (PS2)
Total: $25 +$2 tax = $27.00

They also had:
DQ Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS)
Contact (DS)
Metroid Pinball (DS)

Also had:

A few other DS games that I can't remember.
A LOT of Xbox games (did't see any 360).
A few PS2 and PSP games.
A few Gamecube games.

*EDIT*
Most of the PS2/Xbox games were Platinum/Greatest Hits btw.
I remember seeing Ultimate Spider Man, Rule of Rose, Xmen Legends 2, Halo, Kingdom Hearts and a few different sports titles.

Not quite sure if FF7 DoC was suppose to be on the shelf ($50 sticker on it) but it was. The cashier rung it up everything manually so if it wasn't suppose to be on the shelf, I don't guess it mattered. This was in Auburn, Alabama btw. It could be VERY YMMV.

*LAST EDIT*
I would pick up stuff for yall but I got the last copies of those games. As for the PS2/GC/Xbox games, you could probably find those just as cheap elsewhere since they were really old games. When I got there, it looked like a tornado hit that shelf. Most everything was picked clean.

checking store here tomorrow just for the heck of it

would be awesome to get jump superstars and others for that deal

if anyone finds this deal at their local store and is willing to help me out I'm willing to pay you $35 to get the four games ^_^

[quote name='Kirra']WHOA, that sounds tooooo YMMV to be true... I'll have to check out my BB.[/QUOTE]

especailly since jumpsuperstars is $50!

Holy crap I would have to imagine that is a huge YMMV. Would love to get rule of rose at that price. Worth a look at my local store

Let us know if you end up going back. Would be delighted beyond belief to buy a copy off you.

Was at a BB tonight before closing time and I saw nothing like this, and I spent alot of time in the VG section. So maybe its just select stores.

[quote name='darkrage']Was at a BB tonight before closing time and I saw nothing like this, and I spent alot of time in the VG section. So maybe its just select stores.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

yeah, that would be YMMV. Here in MS, we've had em marked down to 50% off all week, and starting tomorrow they will be at 75%. And yah, some of those games shouldn'tve been on there :)

[quote name='dracco37']yeah, that would be YMMV. Here in MS, we've had em marked down to 50% off all week, and starting tomorrow they will be at 75%. And yah, some of those games shouldn'tve been on there :)[/QUOTE]

which games are marked down? ^_^;;

I saw a big black bin of all the PS2 Greatest Hits games 2 days before Xmas at BB in Orange, CA but the sign was torn off. Now I guess I'm going to have to stop by once more...

Sorry but I didn't think to calculate the chance bro. I mean, Alabama isn't known for much outside college football and I figured if we have it here, then I am almost positive it is going on elsewhere and wanted to give everyone a chance to find the deal at their local BestBuy and not just people locally here.

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']Yeah, definitely YMMV, the BB stores closest to me will never have awesome deals like this.[/quote]

Thats what I thought which is why I never shop at our BestBuy. Happened to go in there for speaker wire and the sign caught my eye. If it can happen in Alabama, I would think it could happen in other places as well.

[quote name='darkrage']Was at a BB tonight before closing time and I saw nothing like this, and I spent alot of time in the VG section. So maybe its just select stores.[/QUOTE]

i was also at a couple of BBs in orange county and didnt see any deal like this

however i did see the jump superstars import around

Dang...now I'm going to have to go check my Best Buy on the off chance they're running a similar deal. The manager here is a real jackass, though...he never does this kind of stuff. :p

I know mine had a huge bin of games with a sign torn off but i was pretty sure they were all GH games and just placed near the register. Gonna have to go back tomorow and check also.

My BB had a table like that, but it was only shit like Hannah Montana. I think it was a complete fluke that you had anything good to choose from.

[quote name='Broccoli Storm']Since when does BB have imports...?[/QUOTE]

Mine gets lots of imports, especially on popular anime stuff like Naruto.

Whoa! That's crazy!

If the OP or one of the other 2 people who find this deal would pick me up Contact, DQ Heroes, RE: DS, and Jump Superstars, I'd greatly appreciate it and pay the full cost plus shipping.

OP - I just saw your last edit.. is EVERYTHING gone? :whistle2:|

[quote name='ParkAvenger']Whoa! That's crazy!

If the OP or one of the other 2 people who find this deal would pick me up Contact, DQ Heroes, RE: DS, and Jump Superstars, I'd greatly appreciate it and pay the full cost plus shipping.

OP - I just saw your last edit.. is EVERYTHING gone? :whistle2:|[/quote]

Well they had a few of those Greatest Hits/Platinum hits left. Like I said, the double sided shelf was picked clean of anything good except for those titles I got which were the last of. There was hardly anything left on the shelf. I imagine they started this the day after Christmas which would explain why there has hardly anything left because if that double sided shelf was full at some point there is no telling what all they had. I mentioned that maybe some of those titles more than likely shouldn't have been on the shelf but they were and regardless of how they got there (whether intentional or not I guess I will never know) I grabbed them quickly and the cashier rung up everything manually. He changed the price of 2 titles for $10.00 and 2 for $2.50.

If those games weren't suppose to be a part of the deal then the cashier had no knowlege of it which means if those games were mixed (shelf was about 10 ft. away from the regular priced games. Then I'm willing to bet people might have tried to cheat BestBuy by grabbing regular priced games and claiming they were a part of the deal. Either someone purposely mixed them in on the shelf or they didn't and everything was legit. No idea but I just grabbed what was on the shelf.

Heck i'd go back and check normal shelves for more Dirge of Cerberus and Jump Super Stars. THen just show them your best buy reciept and say they were part of the sale.

You'll be 100% honest and not doing anything illegal. If they werent part of the sale you have no way of knowing.

[quote name='Brian9824']Heck i'd go back and check normal shelves for more Dirge of Cerberus and Jump Super Stars. THen just show them your best buy reciept and say they were part of the sale.

You'll be 100% honest and not doing anything illegal. If they werent part of the sale you have no way of knowing.[/quote]

I don't know if I could do something like that though. I didn't check the normal shelves for other copies as I figured if they were a part of the deal then they were all on the shelf and there was no more left. I already feel bad because I have a feeling they may not have been part of the deal but I had no way of knowing. Didn't want to cheat myself out of what seemed like a legit deal but don't want to cheat a company despite their ridiculous computer parts pricing.

This was not at my BestBuy - $49.99 for Jump SuperStars and they did not have most of the other games.

Oh well.

-- Oxygen

Woah O_O I never knew that BB carried imports... Anyways, good job on buying Jump Superstars for such a great price :p

thats a definite no for something like that to happen around here. But I'll check to see if there is something similar in my area.

[quote name='boozi']Woah O_O I never knew that BB carried imports... Anyways, good job on buying Jump Superstars for such a great price :p[/quote]
Me neither, I just got back from the Best Buy by my house (no sales going on at all BTW) and I noticed they had two DS imports for like $40 each...I can't remember the titles cuz I don't really care for imports but to those who do I guess this could be good news.

bread's done
Back