BestBuy 40% Off Sale (Possible YMMV??)

poker360

Banned
Went to bestbuy and saw in the front a shelf full of ps3/360/wii/ds/ps2/psp games for 40% off (i believe). YMMV

I don't have a full list but i did pick up some for myself.

Notable titles: (that i remember)

PS3: (A lot of ps3 titles.. Lego batman is all i remember though!)
-----
Lego batman
spiderman web of shadows

360:
-----
-----
Tom Clancy endwar (includes headset)
Brother in arms - CE
NBA Street homecourt
bee game the movie
Grid

DS:
----
Metal slug 7
master of illusion
garfields nightmare
Right / left brain game
Six flags fun park (i think..?)
Ninja town

psp
----

??????

ps2
-----
????????

I'd check Hollywood Video first! I got Lego Batman for $4.99 there, two days ago! (Obviously a YMMV when dealing with a folding video store and used games)

I love when these threads are labeled "possible" YMMV as if Best Buy isn't one of the most notoriously YMMV retailers there is. Regional forums, no one loves you.

[quote name='bvharris']I love when these threads are labeled "possible" YMMV as if Best Buy isn't one of the most notoriously YMMV retailers there is. Regional forums, no one loves you.[/QUOTE]

The way it was setup at my store is the exact same way the 9.99 sale was setup. Sometimes my star has bins of games on sale, but i always consider those YMMV, and those havent been around this year.

I assumed that maybe this was a larger sale (i saw a thread posted in deal discussions about a best buy sale..)

Stop thread bashing. I just was trying to let others know, because i am a CAG, not a troll seeking attention.

[quote name='poker360']The way it was setup at my store is the exact same way the 9.99 sale was setup. Sometimes my star has bins of games on sale, but i always consider those YMMV, and those havent been around this year.

I assumed that maybe this was a larger sale (i saw a thread posted in deal discussions about a best buy sale..)

[/QUOTE]

My Best Buy also has this same setup. I noticed FEAR 2 for 25 dollars and Madden 09 (Spanish version) for 10 dollars. The games all have yellow stickers on them with the prices written on.

[quote name='poker360']
Stop thread bashing. I just was trying to let others know, because i am a CAG, not a troll seeking attention.[/QUOTE]

It takes pretty thin skin to interpret what I said as thread bashing. I didn't make any personal attacks or at all denigrate the time and effort you put into posting a deal - in fact I quite appreciate that you did.

I just think all Best Buy sales should be assumed to be fully YMMV unless they're officially announce by corporate or there's significant CAG confirmation that its everywhere.

[quote name='darkslime']definitely ymmv[/QUOTE]
.:hot:"Wal Mart"
Price matching
Our goal is always to be the low price leader in every community where we operate. Our customers trust us to have every day low prices ... there's no need for "special sales."
Our unbeatable promise:
Store managers make the final decision in always taking care of our customers, but we do have guidelines for matching our competition.
•We do honor "Preferred Shopping Card" advertised prices. Must be like items, be advertised and require a competitor's shopping card, for the discount to apply.
•We do not honor advertisements that require a purchase in order to receive the advertised price or free product.
•We do not honor "Buy One / Get One Free" advertisements.
•We do not honor double or triple coupons or percent off advertisements.
•We do not honor other retailers' "Misprinted" advertised prices.
•We do not honor Internet Pricing.
•We do not honor competitor advertisements from outside of the store's or Club's local trade territory.

[quote name='still a hot boy'].:hot:"Wal Mart"
Price matching
Our goal is always to be the low price leader in every community where we operate. Our customers trust us to have every day low prices ... there's no need for "special sales."
Our unbeatable promise:
Store managers make the final decision in always taking care of our customers, but we do have guidelines for matching our competition.
•We do honor "Preferred Shopping Card" advertised prices. Must be like items, be advertised and require a competitor's shopping card, for the discount to apply.
•We do not honor advertisements that require a purchase in order to receive the advertised price or free product.
•We do not honor "Buy One / Get One Free" advertisements.
•We do not honor double or triple coupons or percent off advertisements.
•We do not honor other retailers' "Misprinted" advertised prices.
•We do not honor Internet Pricing.
•We do not honor competitor advertisements from outside of the store's or Club's local trade territory.[/QUOTE]

And how does the Walmart Price Matching policy relate to this....

[quote name='poker360']The way it was setup at my store is the exact same way the 9.99 sale was setup. Sometimes my star has bins of games on sale, but i always consider those YMMV, and those havent been around this year.

Stop thread bashing. I just was trying to let others know, because i am a CAG, not a troll seeking attention.[/QUOTE]

Not thread bashing here, just letting you know that these X% off deals at Best Buy are always YMMV. I'm guessing for the games you bought the cashier had to manually adjust the price to the 40% off price, correct? This is a dead give away that this particular deal will not be available at most Best Buys. For these types of deals it is best to post them in the YMMV Best Buy thread, or the regional forums. Speaking of which, adding the specific location to the OP will be helpful to any CAGs actually in the area.

[quote name='ASLplease']Whats YMMV? :p[/QUOTE]
Your Millage May Vary - means that the deal may or may not be available in your area.

Every Best Buy Clearance post is a YMMV.

[quote name='poker360']

Tom Clancy endwar (includes headset)
Brother in arms - CE
bee game the movie
Grid
[/QUOTE]

How much were each? Did they by chance
have Virtua Fighter 5, on 360?

my best buy has the games, but there deal was $5.00 to $10.00 select titles, off orginal price? my best buy is horrible when it comes to puting sales together.

[quote name='monkeysez']not in orem, utah[/QUOTE] Good to see another Orem, Utah Cagger...The Best Buy in American Fork had a couple of these games for 50% off.

Plymouth Meeting, PA Best Buy has a ton of good deals. Each of the following are $10

Warhawk w/headset
Endwar PS3 w/headset
Endwar 360 w/headset
Madden Champion edition PS3 and 360
Brothers in Arm Deluxe 360
Prince of Persia Limited Edition 360
MK vs DC Deluxe Edition 360
Conan
Singstar
Hannah Montana PS3
Viking PS3
Baja
Matt Hazard PS3
FaceBreaker PS3
And tons of other stuff....

Where the fuck are the mods?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217037&highlight=YMMV+clearance

images

bread's done
Back