Bestbuy 50% off certain games, YMMV?

Supercake

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
At the Gulfgate (Houston) Bestbuy, there was a cart with various games. It was put in the middle of the registers, and it had a sign saying "50 % select titles, Ask an associate for details".

Games that I can remember:

Rule of Rose (PS2)
Amped 3 (360)
Yakuza (PS2)
Bomberman Zero (360)
Shogun Total War (DS)
Tony Hawk Project 8 (XBOX)

I picked up Rule of Rose for 14.99 plus tax. I figure that's a great deal since it's still 29.99 at Gamestop. The game rang up for 29.99, so the cashier had to override it.

Sorry if old or a repost. I don't think this is the same as Frontlane clearance games, since none of them had the obvious stickers.

if you paid 14.99 for rule of rose you got ripped off. I rented it for $5 and I felt cheated :p

I'll have to go and check it out at my best buy tomarrow to see if they have any games clearenced.

Thanks OP, I will check this out...seems though that because of the cashier having to override the price that it is a store only or district only thing...

Anyways, will have to give your impressions on Rule of Rose, I heard the story was worth it, but that the combat system wasn't that great...

Anyways,I would be interested in that one too if it is playable with a good story.

Best Buy clearance is super YMMV.

A store less than two months old had nothing (Green Valley Ranch)

The closest BB to my house has old sports games and a few super crappy titles (OG ghetto fab Aurora)

One in south Denver (Colorado Mills) had the worst clearance I've ever seen (only crappy games--$14.99 down to $12.99, $49.99 down to $44.99, etc.).

Another in the north suburbs (Westminster) has 25% off and pretty much only crap games.

The only gem (Colorado Blvd) in the Denver metro I've found had Naruto DS import $4.99, Bust a Move Bash $14.99, Enchanted Arms ps3 $9.99, Fire Emblem Sacred Stones $4.99, and more.

i picked up grim grimoire for $20. I bought it about 2 months ago but haven't played it. In Tennessee, Cool Springs Store

Psykodelic and I went to the West Covina BB, and he noticed a standee full of games at 50% off. He purchased F1(PS3), and I picked up Armored Core (360) for about $25 each.

I also spotted:
Scarface (Wii)
Def Jam Icon (PS3)
Over G Fighters (360)

This seems to be the new "thing" for Best Buy. Instead of a massive nationwide clearance, they now allow their stores to inidvidually decide when and how to get rid of games that are out of print.

My Best Buy recently had a .Hack GU for $15 (Sorry, it's mine and I got the last one). Everything else was 1/2 off but all were/are worthless games. Also, everything on "clearance" was 50% off. Now the sign is gone, it just says clearance, and the "clearance" price was raised for some reason (even on the games that didn't sell at half-off!).

Best Buy's clearance events appear to be completely ymmv as of late.

I think your on to something here...I have noticed some YMMV clearences and when was the last time we had a universal clearence price at BB...

[quote name='chosen1s']This seems to be the new "thing" for Best Buy. Instead of a massive nationwide clearance, they now allow their stores to inidvidually decide when and how to get rid of games that are out of print.

My Best Buy recently had a .Hack GU for $15 (Sorry, it's mine and I got the last one). Everything else was 1/2 off but all were/are worthless games. Also, everything on "clearance" was 50% off. Now the sign is gone, it just says clearance, and the "clearance" price was raised for some reason (even on the games that didn't sell at half-off!).

Best Buy's clearance events appear to be completely ymmv as of late.[/quote]

The best buy's in colorado seem to suck when it comes to video games. That's why I usually go across the street in Westminster, and go to my former work known as Circuit City

At my local Best Buy, you had to buy 2 or more games to get the extra 50% off. It was a manual over-ride. I had to wait FOREVER for the manager to approve it.

[quote name='petersen98374']At my local Best Buy, you had to buy 2 or more games to get the extra 50% off. It was a manual over-ride. I had to wait FOREVER for the manager to approve it.[/quote]This was the situation at a local BB out here in St. Louis. It was "buy any game, get a game with a colored dot on the case for 50% off the listed price". Not a lot that was worth picking up, though it was some random games like the ones mentioned above.

[quote name='shrike4242']This was the situation at a local BB out here in St. Louis. It was "buy any game, get a game with a colored dot on the case for 50% off the listed price". Not a lot that was worth picking up, though it was some random games like the ones mentioned above.[/QUOTE]
The one at Mid Rivers in St. Peters has buy one, get one free. They also have Wii & 360 games, but they're mostly crap. The only games I remember are NBA Street Homecourt & DOA Volleyball 2

That is a great price on "Rule of Rose" -- as rockytrh mentioned, it is not a game for everyone, but worthwhile for those who appreciate a unique experience.

The controls and combat are old-school survival horror, but the high concept is unique, and worth the time for the patient gamer who is looking for something different.

Definitely would have loved to pick up Rule of Rose for $15, but the type of deals mentioned are manager specials (ie YMMV). No copies of the game in this area for some time anyway...

[quote name='Agent_BBJ']i picked up grim grimoire for $20. I bought it about 2 months ago but haven't played it. In Tennessee, Cool Springs Store[/QUOTE]

Double boo. :whistle2:(

Earlier, took advantage of the 50% sale when I picked up:

Def Jam ICON (PS3) $19.99
NBA Homestreet (PS3) $19.99
Heatseeker (Wii) $19.99
Super Swing Golf (Wii) $19.99

Last night, I got lucky again...

Driver: Parallel Lines (Wii) $14.99
Armored Core 4 (PS3) $24.99
Full Auto 2: Battlelines (PS3) $19.99
Ridge Racer 7 (PS3) $19.99
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (GBA) $4.99

Not too shabby! When you throw in the GameCrazy store closing games I got for 40% off - it's been a great two days!!

Peace,
Orri~

[quote name='anomynous']The one at Mid Rivers in St. Peters has buy one, get one free. They also have Wii & 360 games, but they're mostly crap. The only games I remember are NBA Street Homecourt & DOA Volleyball 2[/quote]Store I saw the "colored dot" games was the Fenton store out in Gravois Bluffs.

I'd run out to Mid Rivers, though it's a bit of a hike from home or from work. If they're mostly crap games, then I'll pass. Hopefully, the other stores will start doing B1G1 on all the current console games.

The 50% off rack at my local Best Buy (Crabtree Valley) has reappeared! Looked like a lot of out of date sports titles, but I wound up getting Lost in Blue 2 for $10 (although the game got bad reviews, I never got around to playing the first one, and figured "why not?" for $10).

last time I was at the local best buy, they had a "bin" full of red label games, 95% of them rang up at $19.99, MSRP

Wow... my local BB has:

Stranglehold CE 360 ($35)
Folklore PS3 ($30)
Jericho PS3 ($25)

Plus... b2g1f.

Anyone know what these trade for at Gamerush?

[quote name='gorgo']Wow... my local BB has:

Stranglehold CE 360 ($35)
Folklore PS3 ($30)
Jericho PS3 ($25)

Plus... b2g1f.

Anyone know what these trade for at Gamerush?[/quote]

Folklore for $30 is quite tasty. I wonder if they'd accept the $10 coupon as well.

My local BB had a rack yesterday with over 40 titles..I dont know if it's YMMV but they had a lot of 360 games. Halo 3 limited edition was on there, dynasty warriors gundam, a couple other newer games and of couse the games you expect to be 50% off.
Any one interested in a list i could go back and get it..there was some good deals to be had, but i was there to pick up GH3 so I passed.

bread's done
Back