Bestbuy $9.99 blu-ray titles

lorddct

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...ries&ks=960&prids=&cp=1&qp=&_requestid=273278

Looks like prices raised 3 dollars on most titles.

Blu-ray some still $9.99 but most the popular ones are $12.99
$12.99
10,000 BC
28 Weeks Later
American Pshyco
Apocolypse Now
Bad Lietenant Port of Call New Orleans
Batman Begins
Behind Enemy Lines
Body of Lies
Broklyns Finest
Brothers
Crank High Voltage
Dark Knight
Daybreakers
Fantastic Mr Fox
Fireproof
From Paris with Love
Kick-ass
Killers
Law abiding Citizen
League of Extraordinary gentlemen
Memoirs of Gesha
Pandum
Paris, Je T'Aime
Righteous Kill
Robocop
Solitary man
The Day After tomorrow
The Expendables
True Romance
Valentine's Day
Valkyrie
Year One

Still $9.99
American Histroy X
Caddyshack
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Final Destination
Hitman
Kingdom of Heaven
Terminator III
The Wedding Singer

Taken from techbargains

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of getting Fantastic Mr. Fox. I just watched the trailer and read a bit about it, because I had never heard about it. I saw someone mention on SD that it was a Wes Anderson movie, so I immediately became interested. Love all his films.

And word on it?

I loved Fantastic Mr. Fox. It strays from the original children's book, but I really enjoyed it. It certainly has the dialogue and style that Wes Anderson brings to his films and worth a buy for under $10.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Come on Machete!! GO CHEAP! :D[/QUOTE]

seriously. $14.99 or less and I'll bite. I haven't even seen it yet :(

[quote name='ITDEFX']Come on Machete!! GO CHEAP! :D[/QUOTE]

It will, even though it was really, really good for what it was

[quote name='Scorch']seriously. $14.99 or less and I'll bite. I haven't even seen it yet :([/QUOTE]

I would recommend it at $15 even as a blind buy. I loved the hell out of it.

Wow, these are some amazing prices for blu rays. I picked up Kick-Ass and Expendables for 13 each at Best Buy and Amazon respectively a few weeks ago, and I can honestly say I'd wouldn't regret paying 20.

Saw this earlier on SD, bought The Expendables and Kick-Ass for ten bucks each online and picked them up at Best Buy without any hassle. Both movies were the Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy versions. Thanks for posting this.

I'm going to save until I'm broke with these cheap Blu-rays. I picked up Apocalypse Now, Fantastic Mr. Fox, and Expendables. I'll be going to Target Tuesday to PM BB and use the $10 coupons to buy Alice in Wonderland and Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 for $9.99 each. I just bought Crazy Heart from a local salvage store for $7.50 a few days ago. Between these and the Gamestop game coupons, we'll be eating macaroni and cheese and ramen a lot this month. I'll tell my wife I'm having flashbacks to college...

Edit: Went back and ordered Kick-Ass as well. #*$&*#$%&#(!

[quote name='Dahk']any chance amazon matches? i have credit[/QUOTE]
Hope so. Submitted a price match just now for Mr Fox.
Earlier shipping was 2.97 or something. Now it says $4.something. fuck that.
C'mon Amazon....

[quote name='R1V3R5']I loved Fantastic Mr. Fox. It strays from the original children's book, but I really enjoyed it. It certainly has the dialogue and style that Wes Anderson brings to his films and worth a buy for under $10.[/QUOTE]

FMF was a great movie. Animation was actually better than any CG stuff released that year IMHO... It's showing on HBO/Cinemax these days. It can have some catchy songs :)

[quote name='Scorch']seriously. $14.99 or less and I'll bite. I haven't even seen it yet :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='joshnorm']It will, even though it was really, really good for what it was

I would recommend it at $15 even as a blind buy. I loved the hell out of it.[/QUOTE]

Some review sites think there is a double dip down the line.... I am really surprised there was no unrated/director's cut....a drop to 10 *could* indicate that a double dip may be coming. But yes, it is a blind buy/one to own. The PQ/AQ is excellent. If you still have doubts, it is on the Zune Marketplace/PSN..

As for Expendables , it had a chance to be the movie that action fans have been waiting for since the 80's with all 3 action superstars (ABS!)...but it turned out to be One superstar with a B list cast...oh well :whistle2:| I dunno...I feel like I need to have a BR/DVD Combo pack when I buy my movies as this 28 day wait out on netflix is ridiculous and getting a certain movie could end up taking another 2-3 weeks to get because of the demand. It's nice to have it on the go for my Zune :whistle2:|

[quote name='ITDEFX']FMF was a great movie. Animation was actually better than any CG stuff released that year IMHO... It's showing on HBO/Cinemax these days. It can have some catchy songs :)

Some review sites think there is a double dip down the line.... I am really surprised there was no unrated/director's cut....a drop to 10 *could* indicate that a double dip may be coming. But yes, it is a blind buy/one to own. The PQ/AQ is excellent. If you still have doubts, it is on the Zune Marketplace/PSN..[/QUOTE]

What Robert Rodriguez movie hasn't gotten a double dip? All of them now seem to have the cooking school segment, and Machete seemed like a movie that would ooze features. But it didn't.

I'm gonna scope BBV tomorrow and see if they might have one, otherwise I'll rent from Netflix and see it again.

Think I might have to go in for that Fantastic Mr Fox. Especially if that's the DVD/BR bundle. Any Rewards coupons this week?

Still don't understand the Machete love. Feels too forced and unimaginative. Strangely, I love planet terror. Also, these are some good blu ray deals :)

fucking horseshit. I was going to get fantastic Mr. Fox but for some retarded reason I couldnt remove items from my cart last night, it was 3am and I decided I'll just order when I get to work. $@#$%

fuck me

I thought people mentioned this being in store? now they all jumped to 12.99 online... will they still be 9.99 in-store?

[quote name='Penguin1084']fuck me

I thought people mentioned this being in store? now they all jumped to 12.99 online... will they still be 9.99 in-store?[/QUOTE]

Well my order was unable to be found for store pick up. So fuck it I will just have them ship it for me instead.

Silver Reward free shipping, love it.

[quote name='joshnorm']Well my order was unable to be found for store pick up. So fuck it I will just have them ship it for me instead.

Silver Reward free shipping, love it.[/QUOTE]

are they still charging you $9.99 a title or $12.99?

EDIT:

just called... $12.99 in store :(

Damn, I shoulda jumped on Mr. Fox when I had the chance...but for that shipping, I couldn't pull the trigger.
Didn't expect the deal to only last a day though.

Seems the jump in price to $12.99 stopped me from buying a couple. Sucks, I should have jumped on Fantastic Mr Fox but was hoping for an Amazon price-match.

My store still had all the movies still advertised as 9.99 on the shelf, so it's just a matter of going there and checking out, and then directing them to the shelf tag when it rings up as $12.99. Will probably get the signs removed after you do though

Today, I got:

Apocalypse Now
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Batman Begins
KickAss
Fantastic Mr. Fox

All but Kiss Kiss Bang Bang rang up as $12.99 (KKBB rang up as $9.99), but the $9.99 placecards were still out so the price was honored.

[quote name='Penguin1084']Just wanted to mention that amazon matched the $12.99 price of Fantastic Mr. Fox:

http://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Thr...5IOE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1296535216&sr=8-2

how is this movie? I was tempted at 9.99 from best buy but missed it. But for 12.99 no tax free shipping and amazon credit to spare, it's kind of tempting[/QUOTE]

Even though I should have jumped on it at $9.99 Sunday, this is still a great deal for it so I bought it off Amazon for $12.99. Amazing movie. :bouncy:

[quote name='nightmare452']Even though I should have jumped on it at $9.99 Sunday, this is still a great deal for it so I bought it off Amazon for $12.99. Amazing movie. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

watched two trailers and read up on what people said about it and I bit.

Pretty eager to watch it now.

I would swing by best buy but with the weather we're having in the northeast, it isn't worth it.

It looks like amazon matched the $12.99 prices of a good amount of the titles (notably Kick-Ass, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Expendables 3-Disc)

EDIT:

Apocalypse Now is also $14.49

I picked up the new The Machurian Candidate blu-ray at BB for $9.99 when I picked up my copy of Apocalypse Now that I had ordered. I was hoping Heavy Metal would be the same price, but it was $14.99. Besides Almost Famous and Heavy Metal, all the new BB exclusive blu-rays are on sale for $9.99 online and in-store.

Got Brothers for for $9.99 (and when the cashier called to confirm the shelf tag w/ the Media section worker, they asked to pull the tag down). The shelf tag for Fantastic Mr. Fox wasn't even there; but I picked it up for $12.99 anyway. I guess they couldn't shove the tag in somewhere by the two Fantastic Four shelf tags they had.

[quote name='dafunkk12']Got Brothers for for $9.99 (and when the cashier called to confirm the shelf tag w/ the Media section worker, they asked to pull the tag down). The shelf tag for Fantastic Mr. Fox wasn't even there; but I picked it up for $12.99 anyway. I guess they couldn't shove the tag in somewhere by the two Fantastic Four shelf tags they had.[/QUOTE]

FYI, I found the Fantastic Mr. Fox tag in the kids section near Fantasia. It is weird to me to think of a Wes Anderson movie as a kids movie, but that is where Best Buy placed a few copies of the movie.

I went to a less traveled Best Buy in my area, and they had all of them still listed $9.99. After they rang up $12.99, I showed the cashier and he adjusted it back. Managed to get Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Expendables, and Apocalypse Now. (I already had Kick Ass) I've never seen Apocalypse Now, but I know it's a classic, and for 9 hours of features how could I pass that up?

[quote name='4tygames']FYI, I found the Fantastic Mr. Fox tag in the kids section near Fantasia. It is weird to me to think of a Wes Anderson movie as a kids movie, but that is where Best Buy placed a few copies of the movie.[/QUOTE]

Everyone knows that if something is animated, it must be for kids, right? This is America!

bread's done
Back