BestBuy August 2010 RZ Gamer Club Deals - Tekken 6 (360) $10

hobomatt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Looks like there's only one set of coupons for August. Enjoy.

8/1-8/14

Get 150 points on these titles:

• NCAA Football 11' :ps3::360::ps2:
  • StarCraft II :pc:
Save $5 on these select titles:

• Little League World Series Baseball: Double Play :wii::ds:
  • Little League World Series Baseball 2010 :360::ps3:
Save $10 on these select titles:

• Brutal Legend :360::ps3:
  • Green Day: Rockband :360::ps3::wii:
Save $20 on these select titles:

• Nier :360::ps3:
  • Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City :ps3:
Other Gamers Club Members Offers

Get 500 Bonus Points (a $10 value) with Pre-Order of these titles:

• Medal of Honor :360::ps3::pc: (Available 10/12)
  • Call of Duty Black Ops :360::ps3::wii::pc: (Available 11/9)
On request from Jodou:
$5 Coupon
$10 Coupon
$20 Coupon

Thanks to FatBoyInside for providing the layout.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dino88']That's what I said. You get points for each dollar spent. The gift card amount isn't money spent. The quote from Best Buy couldn't have been any clearer, so I didn't understand what he was questioning.

From the BB website:

Reward Zone program points will be earned on Best Buy Gift Card purchases but not on Best Buy Gift Card redemptions. Gift Card purchases are excluded from all double, triple and similar point promotions. Members will earn 1 point for every $1 of Gift Card purchases.

Are you sure the points you received weren't a pre-order bonus? Some pre-orders give you 500 bonus gamer points, which would be a $10 RZ cert. The bigger question is how did you manage to get points for Madden when it hasn't even been released yet and it takes 35 days for the points to become available?[/QUOTE]

I'm positive I got the certificate for Madden preorder. My RZ account stated that. I preordered it first week of July so hence my account just got credited this week and I redeemed the $10 certificate. Worked with no problems.

[quote name='Donut2922']I'm positive I got the certificate for Madden preorder. My RZ account stated that. I preordered it first week of July so hence my account just got credited this week and I redeemed the $10 certificate. Worked with no problems.[/QUOTE]

Okay, that's what I said. The $10 RZ cert was for the 500 bonus points you received for the pre-order. This has nothing to do with the normal points you get for a purchase, so using a gift card or not in this situation is irrelevant.

[quote name='typical guy']Wait, Brutal Legend is RTS? I thought it was a 3rd person action game![/QUOTE]

It is TPA, but you do Stage Battles against bad guys in which you control various units (melee, ranged) and then join the fray yourself. It's not actually an RTS game.

[quote name='Kelegacy']Sucks that Nier won't hit $20. Or even $30. I have a $10 RZ points to spend. Oh well, that's okay, I have enough games for the next 3 years. :)[/QUOTE]

haha :shock:

Grabbed Brutal Legend for $10. I figured I could keep scoping out Target clearance and hope to maybe catch it dip below $13 (unlikely) or buy it used for maybe $2-$3 cheaper, but getting the 3 free songs for Rockband was the clincher (and yes, like others have said the "expired" code still worked)

Is it just my store, or did green day rock band drop to $49.99? That, plus the $10 off and my $20 gift card= $20 purchase..well repurchase for me, but I really got into GD after playing that game. Wonder if I should bite..

I just saw Nier at Walmart last night at $40, so hopefully a price drop is incoming. There were no special sale tags on it or anything, just a normal yellow $40 price tag.

If anyone cares, I sent a tweet to Best Buy's game zone twitter account asking about why no coupons for the second half of the month and got this in response "We will only have title specific offers going forward and that is why you did not see the coupons" whatever that's supposed to mean

[quote name='hobomatt']If anyone cares, I sent a tweet to Best Buy's game zone twitter account asking about why no coupons for the second half of the month and got this in response "We will only have title specific offers going forward and that is why you did not see the coupons" whatever that's supposed to mean[/QUOTE]

Haven't they always been title specific offers?

My guess is that a "title-specific offer" could mean what they did with Madden 11, where the discounts on other games are directly connected to the purchase of a specific title. If so, Madden 11 marks the first in a long line of FAIL.

[quote name='freeorelse']Winner Winner Chicken Dinner;)[/QUOTE]
Every time one of my blackjack players says that I wanna fucking backhand them.

Could "title-specific offer" mean one game title per coupon? Didn't they have multiple titles per coupon before, and now it will be one game per coupon?

Best Buy updated their Reward Zone Gamers Club coupon to expire on 8/15 instead of 8/14, so there might be a chance to get in on Nier or GTA deal if they bring it on sale tomorrow.

so wait what was i supposed to get for preordering madden? I picked up my copy of madden, but forgot to bring my god damn receipt so what do i do? Take it to the store and get a refund?

[quote name='Xfactor19990']so wait what was i supposed to get for preordering madden? I picked up my copy of madden, but forgot to bring my god damn receipt so what do i do? Take it to the store and get a refund?[/QUOTE]
You get bonus points. As long as you used your Reward Zone card when you bought it, you're good. If you didn't, then you can manually report a missing purchase on the reward zone web site.

Anyone notice that the coupon for $20 off GTA:EfLC and Nier says til 8/15/2010 and its already down for today.... if it states "Offer Valid 8/1/2010 - 8/15/2010" i should be able to use it today... right?!?

Picked up GTA Episodes for 11 bucks after 20 off, 10 rewardzone cert, and 10 percent off coupon. God bless the coupon stack.

[quote name='jmarano7836']Anyone notice that the coupon for $20 off GTA:EfLC and Nier says til 8/15/2010 and its already down for today.... if it states "Offer Valid 8/1/2010 - 8/15/2010" i should be able to use it today... right?!?[/QUOTE]

yeah .. this offer ends at closing time at your local Best Buy .. exp date does go to effect the next day what printed on the coupon .. for example: 1/10/10-1/20/10 , this coupon is no longer valid on 1/21 on forth

I'm no MBA, but it seems to make more sense to me to move some inventory at a lower price than to let it sit there at a high price and eventually clearance it anyway.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']Right lol but i picked up madden and did not redeem my 5 towards the game lol[/QUOTE]
Oh, I see. In that case you can take your preorder receipt in to the store for a $5 refund. You should still get the bonus points either way since you did buy the game.

got brutal legends two days ago and beat it, it was really good and i loved the opening of the game with jack black

Also got Brutal legend for 10 and with the exclusive 3 free rock band tracks I could say I only paid 4 dollars for it considering I woulda bought those songs eventually.

[quote name='Orionsaga']Also got Brutal legend for 10 and with the exclusive 3 free rock band tracks I could say I only paid 4 dollars for it considering I woulda bought those songs eventually.[/QUOTE]
I thought the code for the RB Tracks expired at the end of 2009.

[quote name='flix1']I thought the code for the RB Tracks expired at the end of 2009.[/QUOTE]
it supposedly did but people are still finding it to be valid

My codes worked about 1-2 months ago so I think those expiration dates are somewhat "soft"-- i.e., they're GUARANTEED to work until the expiration, but may continue to work longer.

I also used the Rock Band PSP bundle code for School of Rock a while after expiration and it worked.

Holy hell. How did i miss this thread. Three days too late at that. Brutal legend so would have been mine for that price.

[quote name='Xerxes']Holy hell. How did i miss this thread. Three days too late at that. Brutal legend so would have been mine for that price.[/QUOTE]

If you or anyone else wants the Rock band code let me know... i'm never going to use it and will ship it to the first person who pm's me :lol:

[quote name='jmarano7836']If you or anyone else wants the Rock band code let me know... i'm never going to use it and will ship it to the first person who pm's me :lol:[/QUOTE]

PM sent

[quote name='ShadowJT']still no updates for rest of this month :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

There are no coupons, the only deals are getting 500 points ($10 r/z certificate) for pre-ordering Halo Reach or COD Black Ops.

I got another 500 point bonus on my account and I ain't bought diddly this month and I don't have any preorders either. Might Grab Tekken 6 for $9.99 though.

i just printed the coupon ill pick it up for 10. The coupon actually says get tekken 6 for 9.99 so i dont think you can get it free

[quote name='jscme']There is also a $20 FIFA World Cup coupon for PS3, X360 and Wii. Here's hoping for a price drop in the next couple weeks.[/QUOTE]

Coupon expires 8/22

bread's done
Back