bestbuy b2g1 free exchange

cecilvaliant

CAGiversary!
I still have a tekken 6 sealed that I got from the B2g1 free deal. Can I go and exchange it for an equally priced game? Hoping to pick up MW2 or demon souls.

Yeah, I tried that tonight. They wouldnt take it. Well, they will take it back but wont give you any credit. Pretty much sucks balls as I didnt even think about it and and now Im stuck with tekken 6 and Beatles rock band. =/

Im still going back later to see if I can talk to a manager and get it exchanged.

same problem with modern warfare 2.... I got pay, and I decided to buy the prestige edition. I don't know what to do with my extra copy (sealed)

Why don't you sell the game on eBay/Amazon and use the proceeds towards MW2? Sure you'll still have to pay ~$20 for the game, but it is better than paying the full $60.

Its pretty stupid really. I take the game sealed and they cant give me credit for it because the system "won't let them" since it was free, but I bet if I open it and say it doesn't play then they have to give me credit and then ring up a new copy of the same game.

BS. I hope they have the same stupid policy and I can get the $60 I did pay for the other 2 games and keep my FREE game. Bastards.

When you specifically ask an employee if you can come back next week and exchange any of the games and they say yes then I would expect them to do so.

[quote name='Estebon']If it's the free game, no. You are basically screwed on the free game.[/QUOTE]

can we exchange the non free games?

You cant exchange the free game? Traded GH:Smash Hits for Borderlands. Only difference is that I did the exchange during the b2g1 promotion. Did I get lucky?

My friends and I purchased three Uncharted 2 games on one transaction for the B2G1 deal. Today we went to three separate Best Buy stores with gift receipts. The first two, we had no problems exchanging it. The third one (the free one, of course), the computer would not allow it. However the person doing the exchange did her magic and my friend was able to get his copy exchanged for MW2 as well.

No problems exchanging for another 59.99 game using a gift receipt. I chatted with the customer service person and she said they had a steady flow of people all week coming in to exchange games for Modern Warfare 2 and that they had accepted them all.

I place the order online and in store pick up so they can't give me gift receipt but the lady said I can still bring the game in for exchange. one little question trough, I pick up 1 uncharted 2 and 2 demon soul and the receipt said Uncharted 59.99 and the two demon soul are 29.99 each. Does that mean I can only bring back the uncharted 2 for like assassin's creed 2 and not demon soul since they were technically 29.99 each?

The a-hole manager at the best buy I went to didn't want to take the free game back. Took me 15 minutes to convince him otherwise only for him to tell me I can only choose games that were out during that offer.

When I asked him where his policy was that dictated such actions the Emo boy threatened to not take anything back at all.

The original cashier that told me his system wouldnt allow him to take it back had to come over to allow the manager to overide the system. At whcih point told him. "Oh! Geee! So the system does let you exchange it!"

Changed stupid beatles rock band for Magna carta 2 but still no MW2. Bastards. Looks like I'll have to hit up TRU tomorrow for their $20 gift card for Assassins Creed 2 on tuesday.

Take it to Walmart and say it was a gift. The dumber you act, the more likely they are to give you an exchange. If they start to question you, get frustrated and ask for a manager. They will usually issue the exchange as opposed to getting a manager involved.

Cue the ethics and retail fraud police:

Well if you KNOW it's wrong, then why post about it Stoic?

Anyway, I'm kind of glad Best Buy is cracking down on exchanges, since the B2G1 was intended for people to buy games they want to play that're currently out during the promo and NOT use it to get future releases.

Why are we still seeing threads from people trying to milk this for all it has? Don't get angry because they won't let you trade, because that ALSO isn't how the deal works.

It's not their fault, it's YOUR fault.

bread's done
Back