BestBuy BM BlazBlue: Continuum Shift PS3 $14.99

j-fever

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
I just bought BlazBlue: Continuum Shift for PS3 at BestBuy BM for $14.99 (+tax) at the Mountain View CA BB.

Online it is listed @ 19.99 and is sold out.

I did not check the Xbox360 ver. but ti might be the same.

Seems like a great deal if your local BB has 'em in stock.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
My local Best Buy (Denton, TX) had the 360 version clearanced for $15.99. Not too bad.

I picked up the first game yesterday there for $9.99, but this one scanned at $23.99 at the Waterfront in Pittsburgh.

Get this if you like fighting games, free balance patch has been released, every character is extremely unique, good online, and whatever else I normally say when a topic regarding Blazblue pops up here. Buy it.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Get this if you like fighting games, free balance patch has been released, every character is extremely unique, good online, and whatever else I normally say when a topic regarding Blazblue pops up here. Buy it.[/QUOTE]

I approve. Seriously, this is one of the best fighters out there. So underrated.

How's the netcode? Is it difficult to find matches online?

Also, I've heard that the sequel will be issued for free as a patch. Is that right or am I just thinking about the balance patch Jackie was talking about?

[quote name='Thrinn']How's the netcode? Is it difficult to find matches online?

Also, I've heard that the sequel will be issued for free as a patch. Is that right or am I just thinking about the balance patch Jackie was talking about?[/QUOTE]

Continuum Shift II is the balance patch, and yes- it is free. As for online, it's INCREDIBLY easy to find matches, and the netcode is fantastic. I seriously can't recommend it more.

My Best Buy had it labeled as $29.99 but it rang up at $14.99.

When I got back I removed the factory sealing (it had Y-folds and everything), opened it up, and found an empty DVD+R. The grainy quality of the label on the disc was clearly done on someone's printer. I've never seen anything like it. Thankfully Best Buy didn't make it a hassle to exchange the game for another copy.

Edit: Now that I think about it someone on the assembly line probably swapped out a game disc and put a blank DVD+R disc in its place.

Got it for $14.99 at Tualatin, OR. I'm new to the series, $15 sounds like a reasonable entrance price =P

Thanks OP!

Saw it for $19.99 last week in store, and haven't touched the first one yet (bought it over a year ago). I'm not even sure whether $14.99 with tax is worth it for me.

[quote name='Thrinn']How's the netcode? Is it difficult to find matches online?

Also, I've heard that the sequel will be issued for free as a patch. Is that right or am I just thinking about the balance patch Jackie was talking about?[/QUOTE]

To echo what Jackie said, this game has the best netcode of any current fighter, hands down.

Picked up a PS3 version for $14.99 at Clackamas, OR. They also had the 360 version for $17.99.

The 10% off coupon wouldn't work on it though.

Picked it up in store as well.

It was on the regular shelf with its normal $29.99 price tag ... rang up as $14.99.

Now I need to cancel my $19.99 in-store pickup order.

:whistle2:k Hmm, this is tempting...I could use the $5 RZ credit I have to bring this down to $10, but I have to question if it's worth it for me.

Fighters are not exactly easy for me to grasp--I just couldn't get the hang of SFIV--but I loved what little bit I played of Calamity Trigger (which I sold in the event I could get this). The last fighting game I really got into was MvC2 ages ago, so I'm not sure if I should jump on this deal or wait for the rumored "Super" expansion for MvC3. I'm well aware of the awesomeness of Continuum Shift's online, and I love the character design; I'm just...hesitant.

If anyone has some advice, I'd appreciate it. :D

[quote name='Vigilante']:whistle2:k Hmm, this is tempting...I could use the $5 RZ credit I have to bring this down to $10, but I have to question if it's worth it for me.

Fighters are not exactly easy for me to grasp--I just couldn't get the hang of SFIV--but I loved what little bit I played of Calamity Trigger (which I sold in the event I could get this). The last fighting game I really got into was MvC2 ages ago, so I'm not sure if I should jump on this deal or wait for the rumored "Super" expansion for MvC3. I'm well aware of the awesomeness of Continuum Shift's online, and I love the character design; I'm just...hesitant.

If anyone has some advice, I'd appreciate it. :D[/QUOTE]

So you need more reason to buy it than all the praise already spoken in this thread? ;P (I for one also agree with all the spoken praise) It's a damn fine fighter, and you already stated you loved Calamity Trigger. The online is solid, and considering that the BBCS2 patch just came out even in Japan a few months ago, we have a good long while before the next BlazBlue comes out and Continuum Shift is made obsolete.

The game was easily worth the $40 (plus all the DLC I have gotten, anyway) to me, and I don't see the price really getting much better/lower than this. From there you can enjoy the base content with the game (of which there is plenty), or expand with the 3x DLC characters (all of whom I find amazing additions to the roster) as it suits you. Regardless, just make sure you hop online and get the latest content patch regardless. Wouldn't want to be spending time learning (now) unusable combos, would you?

So yeah. Going to say the answer you seem to be fishing for in your post. Just buy it. ;P

Picked up last copy at Lees Summit (MO). Also Bayottea (PS3) and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3) $8.99 Each Still 2 copies for each left.

[quote name='Vigilante']:whistle2:k Hmm, this is tempting...I could use the $5 RZ credit I have to bring this down to $10, but I have to question if it's worth it for me.

Fighters are not exactly easy for me to grasp...

If anyone has some advice, I'd appreciate it. :D[/QUOTE]

I'm completely new to BB (or Arc System games in general). There's a huge number of mechanics and meters to keep track of. I have just wrapped up the well designed tutorial. As someone who has played fighters since Karate Champ and I'm still a bit overwhelmed by the amount of elements I have to keep in mind during a battle in this game compared to other fighters. This really seems like the type of game that requires some serious dedication to appreciate the depth of the game. Maybe some of the BB vets can comment on this aspect with more insight than I am able to.

Overall I'm really impressed with the game.

Checked 2 Best Buys in Las Vegas (Rainbow & 215 and the one on Charleston next to Costco) and I didn't find any. I was really looking forward to picking this game up too! :(

Where can I get the Continuum Shift 2, DLC on PS3?

I can't find it in the Store...I know it is Patch 1.05, but all I have is Patch 1.04? Any help would be appreciated.

I've searched google, and haven't found any concrete directions...

From what I understand (and I could certainly be wrong) is that 1.04 is the latest. Once you download the patch and buy the DLC characters you're as close to CS2 as you're going to be able to get on a console.

I believe there is definitely a 1.05 patch...the wikipedia seems to indicate this...

The difference is it includes the characters for free (minus platinum I believe) and it should change the main title screen and opening movie...

I think that maybe this PSN Store stuff has kept the patch at the moment offline. With the welcome back package coming online...I hope the rest of the store catches up.

I was on an aksys forum, and some of the traffic indicated that this may be the case.

Everyone on the GameFAQs forum was all hyped about the 1.04 patch just coming out last month. I wouldn't think the developer would be able to turn around and release a 1.05 patch that quickly. There wasn't a mention about anything newer on there that I could see.

[quote name='Thrinn']I'm completely new to BB (or Arc System games in general). There's a huge number of mechanics and meters to keep track of. I have just wrapped up the well designed tutorial. As someone who has played fighters since Karate Champ and I'm still a bit overwhelmed by the amount of elements I have to keep in mind during a battle in this game compared to other fighters. This really seems like the type of game that requires some serious dedication to appreciate the depth of the game. Maybe some of the BB vets can comment on this aspect with more insight than I am able to.

Overall I'm really impressed with the game.[/QUOTE]

You could say the same thing in the bolded text regarding any game, especially fighters. For example, Street Fighter seems like a really simplistic game on the surface- I mean, when I first started playing it, one of the main reasons I couldn't see myself getting into it was because it seemed like a simple zoning/fireball fest. The more I looked into it, though, the more I realized how many complex advanced techniques the game has (like Option Selects), as well as its unforgivingness as far as the combo system goes (many of the best combos come down to frame-specific links, from my understanding). That said, now I can't see myself getting into it because it's so complicated, haha. :p

Getting back on topic, though, Blazblue does have its fair share of advanced techniques- however, the techniques (as well as the game itself) are MUCH more forgiving, and you don't have to worry about a lot of them until you get into higher level play. I don't want to get into a huge discussion about the gameplay elements here, but simply put, you can do fine in Blazblue for a long time without worrying about those kinds of techniques. :D

[quote name='cod4rulez4']I believe there is definitely a 1.05 patch...the wikipedia seems to indicate this...

The difference is it includes the characters for free (minus platinum I believe) and it should change the main title screen and opening movie...

I think that maybe this PSN Store stuff has kept the patch at the moment offline. With the welcome back package coming online...I hope the rest of the store catches up.

I was on an aksys forum, and some of the traffic indicated that this may be the case.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that's not true. 1.03 is the latest patch for 360, and 1.04 is the latest patch for PS3 (they're the same thing- I think the numbering difference is to indicate which console is being used in videos and whatnot). Makoto and Valkenhayn, the first two DLC characters, are NOT included for free in the Continuum Shift II patch, although all three characters are available to play AGAINST online for free. As for the patch's availability, it's been available through the in-game interface for a few weeks now (every game's patches have been) and I haven't heard of any problems with it since the PSN Store came back up... But that doesn't mean it's not possible. Just try updating through the game if you can't access it in the PSN Store and see if that works, I suppose.

PS3 version rang-up $23.99 for me. I was able to get NGS2 for $8.99, but I really wanted Continuum Shift for $14.99.

Scooped this up at BB yesterday for $19.xx after tax (in MA). Liking it so far but like others said not quite sure how I feel. I been playing Street Fighter, and Mortal Kombat since they came out in the early 90's, so those games feel so smooth to me, that once I played this (granted no tutorial or anything yet) I felt like a clumsy fool. I think once I have some real time with it itll grow on me and definitely get regular rotation during my fighting game parties.

Quick question though... when downloading the patches do I only need to download the latest patch? or all of the patches leading up to the newest as well as the newest?

bread's done
Back