Bestbuy Business Toshiba HD-A2 purchasers SWITCHED TO HD-A3

Gorge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
So what is the deal with our orders? It has been "in process" for the last couple of days. I've been hearing that some people have called about the order and have been told they we are getting the A3 instead for the same price. Is that true?

Do we have to call to get this deal or will they do it automatically? The bestbuy business line is only open M-F 7:30-6.

Seriously. I was going to give it to my dad as a birthday present (tomorrow), but I'm apparently going to have to find a replacement gift. :\

[quote name='H-Town Info']I hate you ;)[/quote]

i meant "ship already!!!" out of frustration...not that my player had shipped lol

Dear Valued Best Buy For Business Customer,

You are receiving this email because you recently ordered a Toshiba HD DVD Player (model: HD-A2) and your order was placed in a backorder status while we awaited additional inventory. Unfortunately, the manufacturer has discontinued this item and we are not anticipating receiving any more inventory.
Because we value your business, we will be fulfilling your order with the next generation Toshiba HD DVD Player (model: HD-A3) that is replacing the HD-A2 in Toshiba's lineup of HD DVD Players. There is no need for you to do anything to receive this upgraded model. We will simply fulfill your order substituting the HD-A3 model.

Your packing slip will be updated to show you received the HD-A3 model and this will serve as your order receipt.
If you are not interested in receiving the Toshiba HD-A3 as a replacement for the discontinued HD-A2, you may return the unopened item by simply contacting our Customer Support Team at 800-373-3050 for more information about how to return the product for a complete refund.

[quote name='guyver2077']Dear Valued Best Buy For Business Customer,

You are receiving this email because you recently ordered a Toshiba HD DVD Player (model: HD-A2) and your order was placed in a backorder status while we awaited additional inventory. Unfortunately, the manufacturer has discontinued this item and we are not anticipating receiving any more inventory.
Because we value your business, we will be fulfilling your order with the next generation Toshiba HD DVD Player (model: HD-A3) that is replacing the HD-A2 in Toshiba's lineup of HD DVD Players. There is no need for you to do anything to receive this upgraded model. We will simply fulfill your order substituting the HD-A3 model.

Your packing slip will be updated to show you received the HD-A3 model and this will serve as your order receipt.
If you are not interested in receiving the Toshiba HD-A3 as a replacement for the discontinued HD-A2, you may return the unopened item by simply contacting our Customer Support Team at 800-373-3050 for more information about how to return the product for a complete refund.[/QUOTE]

So awesome :)

got the same email
so freaking happy
i was about to cancel and just wait for black friday

arrived in the mail this past week... awful method of shipping. Simply slapped a shipping label on the dvd player and away it went to my house.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']arrived in the mail this past week... awful method of shipping. Simply slapped a shipping label on the dvd player and away it went to my house.[/QUOTE]

Didn't newegg.com do that once for someone's HD-DVD drive? Anyhow, if that is how they made the switch from A2 to A3 work for all of us, then I can understand the shoddy shipping.

This morning I got a call from a nice gentleman at Best Buy and he honored the price for $99 for the HD-A3. He said I should get it in the mail in about 3 days.

I'm totally impressed by their CS, its definately turned around from previous years, it did take me a couple hours on the phone but it was worth it.

My bestbuybusiness.com A3 just arrived (Xmas gift for parents), and they shipped it directly in its own box, and placed the shipping label in the worst possible place - right over the UPC sticker that I need for the 5-free-disc rebate. It seems impossible to peel off the shipping label without destroying the UPC label (I've tried).

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Sorry - I reposted this under the rebate thread, as it seemed more appropriate, but I'm also leaving it here because it seems others may have the same issue.

[quote name='gkrykewy']My bestbuybusiness.com A3 just arrived (Xmas gift for parents), and they shipped it directly in its own box, and placed the shipping label in the worst possible place - right over the UPC sticker that I need for the 5-free-disc rebate. It seems impossible to peel off the shipping label without destroying the UPC label (I've tried).

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Sorry - I reposted this under the rebate thread, as it seemed more appropriate, but I'm also leaving it here because it seems others may have the same issue.[/QUOTE]

does it include the 300 and bourne identity in the box?

[quote name='gkrykewy']My bestbuybusiness.com A3 just arrived (Xmas gift for parents), and they shipped it directly in its own box, and placed the shipping label in the worst possible place - right over the UPC sticker that I need for the 5-free-disc rebate. It seems impossible to peel off the shipping label without destroying the UPC label (I've tried).

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Sorry - I reposted this under the rebate thread, as it seemed more appropriate, but I'm also leaving it here because it seems others may have the same issue.[/QUOTE]
Mine arrived today and the label was on the same side as the UPC label but smack in the middle so it did not cover the UPC sticker

Peeling the sticker was fairly easy and it didnt leave any left over sticker or residue. A suggestion on removing the shipping label is to take a blowdryer heat up the shipping label. Not so close where the label and box is really hot..you need to be able to hold and peel the label. But hot enough. This will soften the sticky residue underneath the label. You can probably hold the dryer over the sticker for about 5 seconds on HIGH. Take a knife or box cutter and lift up the corner and peel. This will make peeling easier and not leave any residue or damage the box.

As for the UPC label. You may need two hands. Since the heat will soften the glue on both stickers, you'll need one hand to peel the shipping label and the other to hold the UPC label down. This method would work on any product that has a sticker on it whether it be CD, games, toys, etc. Wont work on security stickers and if doing it on a game wrapped in plastic, make sure its not too hot or you'll melt the plastic wrapper.

well you guys got it before me... (damn east coast)

i havent even sent for my movies yet on the a2. im uncertain what to do.. waiting until the a3 arrives..

where are those in depth comparisons of the a2 and a3 again?

going to get mines tomorrow afternoon but the interesting thing is that my credit card wasn't charged. I have check my CC statement since yesterday and there is like 1758 dollars available remaining on a 2k limit. A week before it was like was like 1655 dollars remaining. Weird...but i'm not complaining

i wish i would of followed the directions above.... i fucked up my upc sticker.. jesus christ why did they have to put the shipping label on that side...

and to make it worse it was just a sticker...i was hoping the upc was actually printed on the cardboard...

so will toshiba take anything else as a replacement for it? or am i fucked?

[quote name='guyver2077']i wish i would of followed the directions above.... i fucked up my upc sticker.. jesus christ why did they have to put the shipping label on that side...

and to make it worse it was just a sticker...i was hoping the upc was actually printed on the cardboard...

so will toshiba take anything else as a replacement for it? or am i fucked?[/QUOTE]
Usually UPC codes that have serial numbers or other information are printed on stickers.

Try calling Toshiba and see what their solution is.

[quote name='Gorge']Because like all mail in rebates, chances are if you fuck up one thing they'll throw your form out.[/QUOTE]
Technically, its not the receiver's fault for having a shipping label slapped over the UPC. Another thing to do besides trying to remove the shipping or calling Toshiba is to call Best Buy and inform them that the shipping label covers the UPC and this voids the promotion as it covers the UPC.

When I tried to remove the shipping label the UPC code started to tear off. I tried it coming from three different corners, each time, same thing. I tried using a hair dryer, it only made things worse. I put a drop or 2 of Goo B Gone at each of those corners, gave it a few minutes, and then I was able to separate the corners of the UPC code from the shipping label, and then I was able to get the shipping label off cleanly.

[quote name='lmz00']Why not just send it in the way it is and let Toshiba deal with removing the label?[/QUOTE]

As I previously reported (I think? so many threads), this is what they told me to do when I called the rebate 800-number. The UPC/serial barcodes are visible through the UPS shipping label.

well my Toshiba came to my house in town...and apparently you could see RIGHT through the package and it was laying at the beginning of my drive way for anyone and everyone to see...thank DOG i got it before someone else did! stupid UPS...

i too did not have any label problems
i do however have a problem with the player itself

the disc tray will not open
the box looks like it was dragged behind the truck, and someone tried to tape it back up

i knew this deal was too good to be true, 2 steps forward, one step back

My bestbuy.com came in a white bag but my bb4b didnt. But no problem with shipping label on either of them.

Also, I was able to get 4 free HD DVDs through bestbuy.com (not bb4b). I got two emails and case #s from customer care. Both stating that I was eligible for 2 free HD DVDs instead of the 3 that was advertised. I'll take it regardless. BTW, it seems that one response was from a case a rep placed when I called and the other was when I sent an email.

Called the first time to place Children of Men and Oceans 13 for in-store pickup. Called a day later with the other case number and placed order for Shrek 3 and MI3. Got Shrek 3 but supposedly the store didnt have MI3 and there was no pick up. Walked into aisle and they had MI3 on the shelf. CS still wouldnt let me get MI3 so I had to call back bestbuy and have them ship it to me for free.

All in all, I got Heroes Season 1, 300, Transformers, (from Xbox360 HD DVD deal @ Best Buy), King Kong (included with HD DVD player), Oceans 13, Shrek 3, MI3 and Children of Men all for FREE! Knocked Up was also free but that was a gift from gaming forum buddy via Amazon wishlist. $330 worth of HD DVD FREE. Only HD DVDs I actually bought were Planet Earth for $47 and Bourne Identity, Supremacy and Ultimatum for $66

Mine arrived a week ago Tuesday, clad in nothing but the original box, with the shipping label pasted right over the barcode.

I checked the shipping status before I left for work, and noticed that it was out for delivery. Fortunately, just before I turned left to head into town, I checked right just in time to see a UPS truck off in the distance. So I turned around and scoped every driveway until I found where he had gone, informed him that there was a high probability he had a package for me on the truck, and, after checking my ID, he let me take it right then and there.

I'd hate to think it would have potentially sat out in the rain all day, for everyone to see, and swipe, if they so chose...

Intercepting the UPS man is fun!

The player's great so far, except for refusing to play anything except the startup screen in 1080i. That looks fine, but as soon as the video starts, it switches to 720p, and I don't know if we can override that. It looks fine, though. Great upconversion of my standard DVDs.

Now, if only Planet Earth would arrive...

bread's done
Back