BestBuy.ca - Preorder E3 titles

kn420994

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.ca/EN-CA/e3.aspx

I'm sure more games will be announced, but right now there are several Xbox 360 titles like COD: Black Ops and several Kinect games that have $10 off when you pre-order. As of now, games that already had the $5 off preorder bonus (like COD) are showing up in the cart as having $15 off.

There are tabs for Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 games, but only the Xbox section has a lot of selection. Offer expires on June 17.

Thank You!
Just order Halo Reach Limited for $15 off and I had $39 credit from trading in MW2 months ago. I've been patiently waiting to get a good deal on Reach but use the credit. The only sad part is I want be able to go to the store on launch night and pick up the game.

For now the Halo Reach Legendary and the Limited still have the $15 off

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, debating on preordering Halo Reach Ltd edition for the $15 off. I really want to play it day 1, but getting $15 off it sounds really nice.

[quote name='Nukkus']Don't buy the slim, it scratches discs.[/QUOTE]In the video the guy tipped it 45 degrees. I doubt anyone is gonna do that while they are playing a game.

What the heck, all the PS3 titles are listed at $70 so there's no point. They'll all be $60 on release so you aren't saving anything. I guess a couple companies still try to sell their games at $65, I've never bought one so I don't know.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Hopefully they add the PS3 games now. MGS Rising wasn't shown at the Sony presentation, hope they still discount it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but MGS Rising is XBox360 only

[quote name='rkenshin']Sorry but MGS Rising is XBox360 only[/QUOTE]

Sorry but MGS Rising is also coming out on the PS3 and PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gold_guardian']Lol Wii games at $69.99? DS games at $69.99?

What are they smoking?[/QUOTE]

Be nice and buy those games, victim of the global consumerism.

[quote name='Nukkus']Don't buy the slim, it scratches discs.[/QUOTE]

Don't buy any home console, they scratch discs when you TIP IT 45 DEGREES WHILE IT'S RUNNING.

[quote name='eday_2010']Don't buy any home console, they scratch discs when you TIP IT 45 DEGREES WHILE IT'S RUNNING.[/QUOTE]

+1

Exactly.

PSP games don't scratch when you tilt it. It's not a home console, but still optical disc technology. Same with a discman I guess. I don't know jack about 360, just saying.

[quote name='penetratingpincer']Yep. They did ... I was an idiot and scratched my Gears 2 disc that way. :cry:[/QUOTE]
mine was GTAIV -.- lol

[quote name='eday_2010']Don't buy any home console, they scratch discs when you TIP IT 45 DEGREES WHILE IT'S RUNNING.[/QUOTE]

Gamecube + GBA Player + Kirby Tilt n' Tumble = win :bouncy:

[quote name='Gold_guardian']Lol Wii games at $69.99? DS games at $69.99?

What are they smoking?[/QUOTE]

They are smoking "Hey get a $5 gift card when you pre-order our games and guess what that doesn't even cover the tax unless you live in Alberta HAHAHA"

Honestly, this is why I don't buy games that like to charge $10 more then the actual price (Fallout 3: GoTY) was an exception.

actually, wii and ps3 won't scratch the discs if you tilt the system, but that's because they have guards to prevent that kinda thing. but anything tray loading, watch out.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']They added Rock Band 3 to the PS3 section so you can get it for $50, not bad![/QUOTE]
RB3 is going to be all about the keyboard though. Need to get that for sure.

Too bad they haven't added Final Fantasy XIV yet, I'm interested in giving that one a try.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']RB3 is going to be all about the keyboard though. Need to get that for sure.

Too bad they haven't added Final Fantasy XIV yet, I'm interested in giving that one a try.[/QUOTE]
Yeah if you want the keytar then wait. I just play guitar so I'm gonna get the disc. If I change my mind I can always cancel.

Man if only they'd actually have put up a few psp titles and more ds stuff it would have been a bit better.

I got a discount on nearly every game I want in the next while other then birth by sleep

[quote name='Gold_guardian']For those that don't follow GameDealsCanada

Today only: Pre-order Dragon Quest IX for $24.99 ($10 off) @ BestBuy.ca - http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/dragon-quest-ix-nintendo-ds/10148096.aspx?path=12323c3b1f2e3e5fd03f8ef5247f388fen02

Don't want to pay for shipping on DQIX pre-order? Add a 3DS game or any future game. When they ship you DQIX, cancel the 3DS game order.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, ordered :) Doing an extra order/cancel to avoid $2 shipping is really really cheap. I just grabbed a $20 game I still needed (FF Dissidia), they have plenty of deals in the $15-20 range to get free shipping.

Finally added MGS Rising to the PS3 section at FS, but it's $70 and the save $10 isn't on anymore. They have buy 2 save $10, buy 3 save 20, buy 4 save 30 on E3 titles. Not a great deal, most are still $70, totally nuts.

If you pre-order the games, do you get them at this price or the price they are at when they are released? I ask because Best Buy and Future Shop will probably sell most of these games at 59.99 the day they come out. These $69.99 prices are list prices which they often don't use the day a game comes out.

[quote name='Skinkybob']They seem to only be giving off $5 now. Is anybody else getting that?[/QUOTE]
The deal was over last night.

[quote name='Skinkybob']If you pre-order the games, do you get them at this price or the price they are at when they are released? I ask because Best Buy and Future Shop will probably sell most of these games at 59.99 the day they come out. These $69.99 prices are list prices which they often don't use the day a game comes out.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you'll get whatever price is cheaper. They aren't stupid, they know you'll come into a store and demand price protection +10% if you're overcharged. Of course I'm also sure the $10 discount won't factor into future price changes. If a game comes out $10 cheaper (or more) we'll have earned nothing for pre-ordering super early.

Ok I noticed that Kid Icarus was now going for $39.99 the price it should have been all along and not the ridicules $69.99.

Originally I was going to dump it from my order once Dragon quest 9 shipped, but I thought I'd see if I could get they to match the price and still get the $10 off for preordaining.

Long story short best they would do was match the base price of $39.99. So that 100% confirms that the $10 discount won't factor into future price changes.

So back to my original plan. Most of the games I ordered won't get any cheaper so I'm not worried but Fable 3 is on watch. It's listed as 69.99 at most places but if I see if tall to $59.99 before release then I'll cancel that order as well.

bread's done
Back