(bestbuy.ca) Tales of Zestiria Collector's Edition $159.99 limited quantity

telepathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Awesome, about time a Canadian source finally got it up. Got my order in.

If anybody is on the fence thinking it'll be a common LE like the Tales of Xillia one, it won't be, it has fairly quickly pre-soldout on every US option that's popped up. So it'll probably be as limited as the Symphonia LE, or something around those numbers.

Edit: BB doesn't even say what you get with your overpriced $160 game. So if you don't already know, here:
[attachment=15904:91xFIPxfSJL._SL1500_.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember the same thing people said with the last Tales Limited Edition game. But I got one when it went on sale a few months later. I will wait.

Thanks for the heads up. Pre-ordered.

God damn. 160$. YIKES. although that's slightly below exchange rate at 170$ right now, so I should be "thankful"....

We're not getting the PS3 limited edition at all, right?

Why does it have to be Best Buy who has it up first? I hate pre-ordering these things from them. I'll just wait for EB.

Why does it have to be Best Buy who has it up first? I hate pre-ordering these things from them. I'll just wait for EB.
EB in-store is totally my preferred choice, because there's a 80% chance this thing will be damaged in some way in the mail. I might actually pay some EB premium price if they're charging $170-$180...

But I can cancel this order at any time. And EB has had things pre-sellout while I've been working and unable to go in. So it can't hurt to just have this order just in case.

Edit: Oh, just to mention. Amazon has had a hardcover collectors guide up for a few days:

http://www.amazon.ca/Tales-Zestiria-Collectors-Strategy-Guide/dp/0744016460/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1437747265&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=tales+of+zestiria+collectors+edition

Sometimes these books are rare, sometimes not, YMMV. I just buy them cause I like players guides~

EB in-store is totally my preferred choice, because there's a 80% chance this thing will be damaged in some way in the mail. I might actually pay some EB premium price if they're charging $170-$180...

But I can cancel this order at any time. And EB has had things pre-sellout while I've been working and unable to go in. So it can't hurt to just have this order just in case.

Edit: Oh, just to mention. Amazon has had a hardcover collectors guide up for a few days:

http://www.amazon.ca/Tales-Zestiria-Collectors-Strategy-Guide/dp/0744016460/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1437747265&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=tales+of+zestiria+collectors+edition

Sometimes these books are rare, sometimes not, YMMV. I just buy them cause I like players guides~
That's usually the reason why I'd prefer to pre-order at EBGames. Tales of doesn't really sell out in my area, so I'd prefer to wait for them to have it up.

My other issue with Best Buy, is with my luck my order will be backordered upon release.

This is definitely the best Tales Collector's Edition I've seen yet, but when Amazon's E3 deal has got me the core game for $50.39, I can't spend another $110 for these extras.

Actually for Best Buy they're pretty good when it comes to shipping oversized CEs. All of my Tales CEs came in big well-padded boxes, something Amazon.ca can't be arsed to do.

This is definitely the best Tales Collector's Edition I've seen yet, but when Amazon's E3 deal has got me the core game for $50.39, I can't spend another $110 for these extras.
I bought the core game too from Amazon's E3 deal, but I really enjoy buying these CEs. I've been buying them for awhile now, and I don't want to miss this one.

Actually for Best Buy they're pretty good when it comes to shipping oversized CEs. All of my Tales CEs came in big well-padded boxes, something Amazon.ca can't be arsed to do.
I'd still rather wait for EBGames.

Nope, the best one is definitely the Tales of Symphonia one. Content is similar except

+ full soundtrack

+ artbook + theme dlc

+ ToS novel

+ hard cardboard artbox

+ cheaper, numbered

Compared to the ToZ one:

+ small select soundtrack

+ keychains

+ hardcover artbook

+ anime blu-ray

+ some CE dlc

they both reflect content parity for the game, steelbook, and chibi kyun chara set.

What you got in the ToS CE was just outrageous for the price. Compared to the ToX2 CE which felt sort of gutted and cheap on top of being ovepriced. I think with ToZ they learned so the level of content is about the same as the ToS one but with a scaled back soundtrack sadly. TL;DR ToS was a better deal and ToZ is probably worth it's weight in gold to a Tales fan

Sold out at Best Buy, still available on Amazon.ca

UPDATE:OOS for both BB and Amazon but still available at EB.

Hrm, Amazon never sent me my CE, and sent me one of those "We're still trying to obtain the following item" emails. I should've gotten it from EB, but the Amazon discount was too tempting. Now I'm torn if I should try and wait for them, or just order it from Amazon.com.

What does Amazon do when they fail their guaranteed delivery date? Because my order was tagged in with Prime, and it was guaranteed to be at my door on the 20th.

Edit: I sent them a email about the guarantee, and they just sent me an estimated delivery date. But haven't actually responded, or said what if anything they'll do for failing the guarantee.

Edit 2: They sent me an email that said sorry and they're sure they'll get it to me, plus my order has been bumped to the head of the delivery queue cause I complained. Sooo, kinda as expected, the delivery guarantee is worthless.

bread's done
Back