Bestbuy Collectors edition Clearance sale 50% (sr3,u3,pt2, and etc) ymmv possibly

ihavethumbs

CAGiversary!
So, I went into my local bestbuy to do some trade-in's and my friend working there told me, that their collector editions have gone on clearance and i picked up.
Uncharted 3 Collectors edition for 32.50
Saint's row 3 for 20.00
There were others, but wasn't interested in them like soul calibur V, Epic Mickey, Street x fighter, batman, assassins creed brotherhood, prototype 2, rift, and etc.
Might be specific for my area, but you guys should check your bestbuys to see.

edit:
Area portland, oregon
pictures of receipt for proof.

2nd edit: Doubt Max payne 3 is included in this clearance thing, still rather new. Never hurt to try, but don't see it happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
^wow for second I thought you was trolling! Nice find. :')

Fyi, Uncharted for 30 is more than 50% UC3 MSRP was 100. So you got an awesome deal...
Edit: thanks for the info.

haha no trollin my friend, just decided it was a good find and wanted to contribute on here, since i've lurked around for the past few years haha.

May have to go check this out when they open. My best buy has a copy of the Max Payne 3 collectors and for 1/2 off I'd be getting it for 35

I don't think it applies to max payne 3, since it's pretty new and it's already at 55 in stores, plus it wasn't in the same area as the clearanced collector editions.

Anyone find any PC games have Collector's Ed's gone on sale at their BB...?

Are these games like in a Bargain Bin somewhere or something in the store? Or what?

The ones in Maine are on clearance, too. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE and Skyrim CE with the Alduin statue were $50 and $100. Those are the ones I remember, but I know there were others. 50% discount or something like that, which isn't enough to get me to buy. Picked up a 1TB hard drive instead, which was also half price. ;)

[quote name='MysterD']Anyone find any PC games have Collector's Ed's gone on sale at their BB...?

Are these games like in a Bargain Bin somewhere or something in the store? Or what?[/QUOTE]

Consoles Collector's Edition are usually right next to the games, as for pc games and their collectible, my best buys hide them behind the video games on the back wall.

[quote name='MysterD']Anyone find any PC games have Collector's Ed's gone on sale at their BB...?

Are these games like in a Bargain Bin somewhere or something in the store? Or what?[/QUOTE]

They actually had rift on there, but again that was to my store, but i'm sure there will be some pc collector editions. Max payne 3 is priced at 50 for pc. (100 like 3-4 weeks ago)

[quote name='ihavethumbs']So, I went into my local bestbuy to do some trade-in's and my friend working there told me, that their collector editions have gone on clearance and i picked up.
Uncharted 3 Collectors edition for 32.50
Saint's row 3 for 20.00
There were others, but wasn't interested in them like soul calibur V, Epic Mickey, Street x fighter, and etc.
Might be specific for my area, but you guys should check your bestbuys to see.

edit:
Area portland, oregon
pictures of receipt for proof.

2nd edit: Doubt Max payne 3 is included in this clearance thing, still rather new. Never hurt to try, but don't see it happening.[/QUOTE]
Which Portland store, and were there more Uncharteds?

[quote name='ihavethumbs']They actually had rift on there, but again that was to my store, but i'm sure there will be some pc collector editions. Max payne 3 is priced at 50 for pc. (100 like 3-4 weeks ago)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I didn't know the PC version of Max Payne 3 had a CE.
Where have I been? :whistle2:x

[quote name='ihavethumbs']82nd had some, gresham had some, and by the airport (cant remember area lol) but by the ikea had some too.[/QUOTE]
Sweet. I'll hit up the Beaverton store when they open this morning. Wish me luck!

Did you happen to see any Prototype 2 CEs on sale? That game is probably too recent to be on clearance though. I'm gonna stop by there later anyway, so I'll check it out.

They don't do that because it's already on sale, they won't allow it. coupon only works for the vanillacopy. I tried to do that too.

It sounds like these are 50% off BB sale prices, right? Did they ever put the SFxT one on sale? Because if I could get that for $20 or less I would; I wouldn't want to invest any more than that in the game.

Uncharted 3 CE is listed as $64.99 on the Best Buy website so it being $32.50 would make it 50% off.

I'll definitely check the one in my area and for the SoulCalibur V CE as well.

[quote name='WatTsu']It sounds like these are 50% off BB sale prices, right? Did they ever put the SFxT one on sale? Because if I could get that for $20 or less I would; I wouldn't want to invest any more than that in the game.[/QUOTE]
Yeah man. but they were sold out where i was at, maybe they have them elsewhere.
[quote name='thegreatone313']I was just at bestbuy looking at the collectors. Was There a Sign or did they scan and the price showed up?[/QUOTE] My friend/employee told me of it, it was pretty much scanned and instantly 50 percent off, I'm sure there is a sign, i just didnt look haha.

Called up my Best Buys in Wichita, KS but no dice. None were aware of any 50% off of clearance deals. Was hoping to pick up a Soul Calibur V CE for cheap with the BB coupon.

EDIT: Though I may stop by and manually scan it myself as it's not unusual for BB employees to be unaware of sales like this.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be universal. Just bought saints row 3 and uncharted and rang up over $100. Immediately returned them.

You should really put ymmv in the thread title op since not all BB is doing this. Also this sounds like a managers special specific so that store.

[quote name='MysterD']Hmm....anyone seen say a Stacraft 2 CE or Diablo 3 CE in there?[/QUOTE]

Seriously? These are some of the hardest CE's to find and have had no problems selling out at full price...

Very interested in the Uncharted 3 collectors edition. Last time I went to BB to buy R3 and DA2 I did not see any collectors editions of anything. Anyone have the upc for the U3 collectors edition and the best buy store quantity checker?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Seriously? These are some of the hardest CE's to find and have had no problems selling out at full price...[/QUOTE]

Very true.
But still - just figured it's STILL worth asking.
Never know what is or isn't on sale, since there seems to be no real list of what's on sale and what stores are actually doing this...

[quote name='Draknight']You should really put ymmv in the thread title op since not all BB is doing this. Also this sounds like a managers special specific so that store.[/QUOTE]
i will do that, but there has been other threads of other people also getting saints row 3 half off aswell in the east coast. Again, i didn't say it's everywhere in my post, i said mine was doing and possibly your stores are doing it aswell :p

[quote name='k1ngster']^wow for second I thought you was trolling! Nice find. :')

Fyi, Uncharted for 30 is more than 50% UC3 MSRP was 100. So you got an awesome deal...
Edit: thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]
The UC3 CE has been $64.99 for a decent amount of time now. :)

[quote name='Blade']The ones in Maine are on clearance, too. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE and Skyrim CE with the Alduin statue were $50 and $100. Those are the ones I remember, but I know there were others. 50% discount or something like that, which isn't enough to get me to buy. Picked up a 1TB hard drive instead, which was also half price. ;)[/QUOTE]
Weird that is a ymmv situation,you're in Maine and the OP is on the west coast,i'm right in the middle of the US might have to check prices.

[quote name='legendarydogs']Very interested in the Uncharted 3 collectors edition. Last time I went to BB to buy R3 and DA2 I did not see any collectors editions of anything. Anyone have the upc for the U3 collectors edition and the best buy store quantity checker?[/QUOTE]Just as an FYI, the store quantity checker isn't a very reliable tool for items like CEs since it'll say "Unavailable" for a store if it has 0-2 copies in stock. Unfortunately, I don't have the SKU for the U3 CE, but that would be your best chance to find a store that has it by having an employee check the inventory of the store and others in the area using it.

I was in my store on Thurs & they had 4 of the Uncharted CE's, but when I asked how much they were I was told they were $60. So unless this is something that JUST changed, it's definitely YMMV.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm looking for the Mass Effect 1 or 2 CEs. If you guys see them, please PM me!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Bout to go to BB in a little bit. Just finishing this episode of Twin Peaks.

[quote name='argyle']I was in my store on Thurs & they had 4 of the Uncharted CE's, but when I asked how much they were I was told they were $60. So unless this is something that JUST changed, it's definitely YMMV.[/QUOTE]
Well, if you just look at the price sticker it does say 65.00, but it ranged up 32.50. I mean i'm not gonna say they are dead wrong, but that's just what happened with me, plus i did this just last night. so maybe?

I have to go by there today anyway - platinum'd Lego Batman 2 last night, so I'm gonna trade it back in - so I'll have them ring it up just to see. Can't hurt. :)

Mmm for my store it's a manager's clearance for CEs. I picked up SR3 that way and I have Uncharted 3 shipped to store and trying to see if I can pick that up for 50% off as well. It doesn't automatically ring up though. Need manager override in order to get the 50% off.

I should have picked up Skyrim but the package was beat to hell and I'm pretty sure someone opened it. =(

bread's done
Back