Bestbuy Collectors edition Clearance sale 50% (sr3,u3,pt2, and etc) ymmv possibly

ihavethumbs

CAGiversary!
So, I went into my local bestbuy to do some trade-in's and my friend working there told me, that their collector editions have gone on clearance and i picked up.
Uncharted 3 Collectors edition for 32.50
Saint's row 3 for 20.00
There were others, but wasn't interested in them like soul calibur V, Epic Mickey, Street x fighter, batman, assassins creed brotherhood, prototype 2, rift, and etc.
Might be specific for my area, but you guys should check your bestbuys to see.

edit:
Area portland, oregon
pictures of receipt for proof.

2nd edit: Doubt Max payne 3 is included in this clearance thing, still rather new. Never hurt to try, but don't see it happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition for $29.99 at Winter Garden FL store, then went to Ocoee FL store later that day and saw the price tag for it as $19.99 and the employee at customer service was happy to correct the price for me.

I didn't see anything on clearance when I was in. We knocked the Skyrim CE down to $60, which was abruptly picked up.

Just stopped by my best buy in Stockton CA and the only CE games I saw were soul calibur at 59.99 , saints row at 59.99 and a whole gang of uncharted 3... I wish my best buy had saints row at 25 like others have seen

nothing in my area. no red tags anywhere. scanned saints row ce and some other stuff. nada. even asked about them doing red tag sales on any games or ce's in which an additional % is taken off. clerk said they've never done that at my stores.

sorry guys, for it not happening for ya guys, again i did say it did happen for my store, and didn't state it was for sure gonna be for your stores, anywho bummer dudes. :/ maybe i was just lucky.

Nothing at my store either. A ton of Uncharted 3 CE's ringing up for $65. She said clearance was decided corporately, and not store by store, so if they are 50% off somewhere, they should be everywhere. Didn't believe her.

I'm confused as to why there are so many posts in this thread? I thought it was well known that additional % off sales on clearance items was very YMMV as it is a Manager's Special.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm confused as to why there are so many posts in this thread? I thought it was well known that additional % off sales on clearance items was very YMMV as it is a Manager's Special.[/QUOTE]

Because of posts like the one right above yours. Show that manager a pic of the sign or your own receipt and she'll prob go, "OK, corporate decided to put all these half off and we didn't get word of it yet. I'll price override for you and have my staff put up a half off sign here pronto.". So many managers and staff are clueless that it is sometimes worth a trip even though YMMV.

Also to report their own findings, whether they found this deal or not, to persuade others to go to or stay away from their local stores. Isn't that the whole point of any "Deals" thread? This thread has stayed on topic for the most part too, that's rare for any thread too haha!

[quote name='PetersHere']I really wish people would stop using acronyms for everything...[/QUOTE]

YMMV on that.

[quote name='PetersHere']I really wish people would stop using acronyms for everything...[/QUOTE]

IRWPWSUAFE :applause:

Very interested in Uncharted 3 CE. Last time I went to my local best buy I did not see any collectors editions of games except for a PS3 skyrim one which was beat to hell.

One of my best buys had the 50% off and I got 2 agarest war zero limited editions for $20 each. Unfortunately, the store that has a mountain of uncharted 3 collector's edition wasn't running the 50% off. Both stores are in Sarasota, FL.

Went to my Best Buy in Elyria, Ohio. Saints Row 3 CE was $50 for both systems. Assassins Creed: Brotherhood CE $30 and Batman and Uncharted 3 CE $60.

I picked up UC3 for 50% off.

I'm a dumbass though because I was so preoccupied with getting the spider wrap off my UC3 that I forgot to get Borderlands out of it's plastic case...guess I have to head back to BB again. -_-

Confirmed to not be running at the Best Buy on 82nd Ave. in Portland Oregon. Would've really liked to get my hands on Agarest Wars Zero collector's edition for cheap.

[quote name='bajingo']Sr3 for $25 at south Austin store. Not much else though, ps3 cod for $80. Good luck my caggers[/QUOTE]

Went here today hoping to get Uncharted 3, and didn't see anything half off. Did this end or something, or were we in different South Austin stores I wonder.

No go in Bakersfield. Too bad 'cause there's an assload of CE's that I want. But everything is MSRP or more. $80 is a bit much for Saint's Row 3, isn't it?

[quote name='Wint3rSoldier']visited my BB in Seekonk MA

no additional 50%off either...

buggar[/QUOTE]

Damn... I wanted one of their millions of Soul Calibur V CEs for $30...

Hmm... may have to get get to my BB soon to check this out. For the standard stuff that ends up on clearance on their website they usually mark their instock stuff 25-50% off.

I wish stores would all go by the same pricing for stuff. It's total bull poop. It's good that someone got the great deal though.

[quote name='juanawoman']I wish stores would all go by the same pricing for stuff. It's total bull poop. It's good that someone got the great deal though.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure all best buy's price the items at the same price. Some stores will have manager specials--an additional discount on inventory they want to move quicky. These typically are items with yellow or red stickers on them. You'll know if you store does this because they typically hold these sales a few times a year on items that aren't selling well or take up a lot of space.

I know my Best Buy never does this so it is pointless for me to check.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Damn... I wanted one of their millions of Soul Calibur V CEs for $30...[/QUOTE]

If you're still in at $39.99 (and are unlocked or willing to grab the magazine for $5), someone in the Best Buy @Gamer coupon thread said that the $20 off Soul Calibur V coupon works on the CE, too.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm pretty sure all best buy's price the items at the same price. Some stores will have manager specials--an additional discount on inventory they want to move quicky. These typically are items with yellow or red stickers on them. You'll know if you store does this because they typically hold these sales a few times a year on items that aren't selling well or take up a lot of space.

I know my Best Buy never does this so it is pointless for me to check.[/QUOTE]

Ya, some of the deals are ymmv. The store closest to me has had a $5 bin on and off for the last couple months. Grabbed a few things there like Beatles Rock Band (ps3), WarioWare DIY (ds), and MySims Sky Heroes (ps3). The last time I was there, I think they had like a dozen copies of Princess Natasha for the gba marked at $1...haha The only pain is that, since they're local rather than regional and aren't in the system, every single game I've bought from the bin has required a manager price override.

I think managers are being pushed by management to clear out stock of CE titles. I was picking up The Old Republic for PC and the manager stopped me and offered the Collectors Edition (tagged at $150) for $40. I was using gift cards up so i bought it. Wouldn't be surprised if this was a kind of informal thing going on. Lots of CEs sitting around unsold right now.

Nothing special at the Portland Maine mall location. Still had an Assassin's Creed Brotherhood LE marked for $30, but nothing else of note. YMMV indeed.

Best Buy in Winston-Salem, NC has Uncharted 3, Infamous 2, and Saints Row 3 collectors editions half off (at least they did on Saturday.) There might be others, but that's all I saw on this table they had set up.

They put "stickers" on them, and sat them on a table, but ran out of SR3 for Ps3, so I grabbed one off the shelf and they gave me a hard time because it didn't have a sticker on it. Took about 15 minutes for them to realize it was the same game they were advertising as half off. Kind of annoying, but worth it in the end.

[quote name='juanawoman']I wish stores would all go by the same pricing for stuff. It's total bull poop. It's good that someone got the great deal though.[/QUOTE]
this

I really don't want to read 8 pages of the replies, so I'll just ask now. I know some Best Buy's will make new price tags for these discounts, but if not, would I have to grab every limited edition I can find and have some guy scan/look them up? And would there be a potential list of games yet for this deal?

Thanks, guys. Don't have time to at this as I have to get ready for work. =)

[quote name='AlmasyCR']My store had Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood CE at 29.99[/QUOTE]

I found that on Friday as well. It was marked at that price on the shelf tag and nothing else appeared to be on sale, though, so I'd assume that's probably the regular price for it now. I grabbed one, though I'm debating whether I'm going to keep it or not, as the box (as all of them did) has some spider wrap damage.

Definite YMMV. My local BB in Las Vegas had the Uncharted 3 collector's edition for $64.99 and Saints Row the 3rd for $49,99 for PS3 and $40.99 for 360.

Went to my local Best Buy just for kicks. Everything was still tagged at regular price except for AC: Brotherhood. Red tagged at $29.99. I brought Uncharted over to the counter and had it scanned. Still came up at regular price. :( I ended up buying AC: Brotherhood. This is in Valencia, CA. Well gluck out there!

[quote name='elessar123']GF found an :ps3:Agarest War Zero LE in great shape, while I was checking out. Was happy to buy it, thinking it was 50% off the $59.99 tag. It rang up $39.99, so it ended up being $19.99.

I had been debating picking it up since selling a dented 360 version for $40, and finding out the PS3 one was worth more. Now I'm debating on selling my other 360 copy.[/QUOTE]

What store in SoCal?

bread's done
Back