Bestbuy Collectors edition Clearance sale 50% (sr3,u3,pt2, and etc) ymmv possibly

ihavethumbs

CAGiversary!
So, I went into my local bestbuy to do some trade-in's and my friend working there told me, that their collector editions have gone on clearance and i picked up.
Uncharted 3 Collectors edition for 32.50
Saint's row 3 for 20.00
There were others, but wasn't interested in them like soul calibur V, Epic Mickey, Street x fighter, batman, assassins creed brotherhood, prototype 2, rift, and etc.
Might be specific for my area, but you guys should check your bestbuys to see.

edit:
Area portland, oregon
pictures of receipt for proof.

2nd edit: Doubt Max payne 3 is included in this clearance thing, still rather new. Never hurt to try, but don't see it happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anybody lives near the Topsham, ME store, you might have some luck. When I used to live in the area that store loved to clearance out as much as they possibly could. Good luck to anyone who gives them a shot.

No clearance at tualatin. Looks like we have checked all best buys in portland excePt airport. Why didnt OP just post what store he got it at? Instead of "portland area". Its not like he's giving us his address or anything.

[quote name='oldschool990']I rather just call my friend that works at a bb and ask him instead of wasting gas when it's ymmv![/QUOTE]
I rather you post with some content personally, as that's only slightly less informative than possum1284's post.

[quote name='tribalnoise']No clearance at tualatin. Looks like we have checked all best buys in portland excePt airport. Why didnt OP just post what store he got it at? Instead of "portland area". Its not like he's giving us his address or anything.[/QUOTE]
Couldn't agree more, but did anyone check Cedar Hills or Tanasbourne? I know Tanasbourne had the extra trade-in bonus that other BB's didn't back when their game trades first started to push out the nearby GameStop, so it seems a slightly more likely candidate despite it's distance from Portland. On the bright side though checking mine did help me notice all the good $10 blu rays that come with $5 towards Dark Knight Rises, though maybe that's not such a good thing where my wallet's concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped in the Enfield, CT store and they have the CE at 40% off lowest stickers price. Snagged their last copy of Saints Row 3 CE on PS3 for $30 ($50 - 40%) and Uncharted 3 CE for $38 ($64 - 40%). They had about 4 more UC3 when I left, and one copy of Soulcailbur V CE as well.

They rang up at current price but since each had the yellow dot 40% off sticker the cashier did a manual price override for the 40%.

[quote name='Shinpachi']I rather you post with some content personally, as that's only slightly less informative than possum1284's post.

Couldn't agree more, but did anyone check Cedar Hills or Tanasbourne? I know Tanasbourne had the extra trade-in bonus that other BB's didn't back when their game trades first started to push out the nearby GameStop, so it seems a slightly more likely candidate despite it's distance from Portland. On the bright side though checking mine did help me notice all the good $10 blu rays that come with $5 towards Dark Knight Rises, though maybe that's not such a good thing where my wallet's concerned.[/QUOTE]well...we can rule out airport based on OP's other posts. someone already checked beaverton, which is what bb calls cedar hills. tanasbourne is pretty far out to be called portland but everyone has a relaxed definition of portland. i am not going that far out of my way to find out, though. kinda rediculous to have to chase this down, really.

Gresham station, is where i got the uncharted 3. i was there earlier today and there were still 2 left. and some other misc things
got saints row on 82nd clackamas.

anyone happen to see any Halo Reach Legendary Editions at their store?

it isn't listed on the website anymore, be neither is assassin's creed brotherhood LE

the winston salem nc store as off 1230 yesterday had a saints row 3 left for xbox. they had 2 uncharted left but said were not part of the sale. did pick up a sr3 for ps3

[quote name='Sindur']anyone happen to see any Halo Reach Legendary Editions at their store?

it isn't listed on the website anymore, be neither is assassin's creed brotherhood LE[/QUOTE]

PS3 AC:B CE 1338025
http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/133...ors-edition-playstation-3-reviews/reviews.htm

X360 AC:B CE 1338007
http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/133...llectors-edition-xbox-360-reviews/reviews.htm

Halo Reach LE 9854668
http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/9854668/halo-reach-legendary-edition-xbox-360-reviews/reviews.htm

Gresham only has ff13-2 CE for xbox and soulcalibur V CE. Also had max payne 3 CE for PC. these are on a racked with a 50% off sign taped to it. They have 2 copies of UC3 but they rang up full price. WASTE OF TIME

$50 only but, got the last the copy of SR3 platinum Ed for the PS3 in staten island NY. No uncharted 3 & It wasn't to beat up, but AC brotherhood in the other hand.....

Truly unrecognizable :cry:

Just hit two Best Buys in San Diego. Both are still ringing their games up at full price. However, the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Collectors Edition has had it's price dropped to $30. Sadly, they only have the PS3 version in stock.

If some kind CAG finds an AC:Brotherhood CE for the 360 and wouldn't mind shipping it, I can send paypal + cost to cover shipping...

Too bad there's not stock tracker so I can see where the nearest copy is...

Could you post the whole receipt, where the store # is listed? My BB's manager said he could honor the deal if he could look up the store you got it from and verify it is in the system. Weird request I know, but he's willing to work with me!

[quote name='jkimrey']Too bad there's not stock tracker so I can see where the nearest copy is...[/QUOTE]

There actually is a way to find if it's in stock nearby you. IAmTheCheapestGamer will have to fill you in because I don't feel like typing all the steps to the process. Follow his posts and you'll find out, its really simple.

[quote name='Tgibby86']Could you post the whole receipt, where the store # is listed? My BB's manager said he could honor the deal if he could look up the store you got it from and verify it is in the system. Weird request I know, but he's willing to work with me![/QUOTE]uncharted 3 is not in the system. i ended up getting it from the same store today and it required manager price adjustment. i asked why uncharted wasn't on the 50% off rack (when there were several other CEs) and he just offered to mark down uncharted 3.

on another note, i also scored a hardcover borderlands goty guide!
plus i bought borderlands goty (x360) and darksiders (x360) for $10 each when i preordered their sequels. this allowed me to get 15% off the guide. so instead of spending $75 for the guide on amazon, i got it for $25 :booty: i just wish i hadn't already spent my gamer coupon for 1/2 price guide.
the guide was the whole reason for me returning to this store, which is entirely out of my way. everything else just happened to work out for me in the same trip.

To any Chicagoland CAGers, the store @ Burbank IL finally has their collectors editions at 50% off among other games. I got two SC5 CEs for 60 bucks.. Not too shabby

[quote name='ddp72984']To any Chicagoland CAGers, the store @ Burbank IL finally has their collectors editions at 50% off among other games. I got two SC5 CEs for 60 bucks.. Not too shabby[/QUOTE]

There's a B2G1 on all games $29.99 and up going on right now. Don't know if the 50% knocks SCV CE down to $29.98 or doesn't allow it to be included in the sale, but it might be worth a try to go back and get another $30 game for free...

[quote name='esalw822']There's a B2G1 on all games $29.99 and up going on right now. Don't know if the 50% knocks SCV CE down to $29.98 or doesn't allow it to be included in the sale, but it might be worth a try to go back and get another $30 game for free...[/QUOTE]

I actually asked about this. The manager said it was either one deal or the other. Kinda like like you cannot use this deal plus the @gamer coupons. I wasn't mad though. Been dying to get the SCV sets at a good price (paid 100 bucks each for the Vader/Yoda IV sets...never again). I don't think they're getting any lower than 30 bucks. Besides, the guy wasn't being a dick about it or everything like that.

I just called my BB and asked about SR3. Dude said he has a "Platinum Pack" which is marked down 50% from $100, so $50... Not quite the $20 I was hoping for :(

I really don't want to post this here since I'm thinking of getting it myself, but the Minnetonka BB has Saints Row 3 platinum edition for $25, half off their $50 list price. Someone buy it before I do, I really can't spend any more money.

Just off the top of my head I know for a FACT my local BB has multiple copies of the SR3 CEs for both platforms. Pretty sure they also have the Prototype 2 and SCV CEs as well. I wanna say they had a Uncharted 3 CE too but I can't be sure. Gonna go look right now and find out the price if they do.

[quote name='cagfansub']Hold on please.. is Prototype 2 (Blackwatch Edition) also on clearance sale?[/QUOTE]It's mentioned in the OP and I assumed the abbreviation "pt2" in the thread title stood for Prototype 2 as well.

But I went to BB earlier and they did in fact have the UC3 CE and more than just one copy. And I was pleasantly surprised when it rang up at $30. I unfortunately didn't have enough money on me for the B2G1 sale, but I shall be back for it.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Just off the top of my head I know for a FACT my local BB has multiple copies of the SR3 CEs for both platforms. Pretty sure they also have the Prototype 2 and SCV CEs as well. I wanna say they had a Uncharted 3 CE too but I can't be sure. Gonna go look right now and find out the price if they do.[/QUOTE]

They don't have UC3 anymore ;-)

[quote name='balbanesbeoulve']My store had Saint's Row the 3rd for 49.99 plus an extra 20% off.[/QUOTE]

How to get the extra 20% off? Is there a coupon code that one must mention?

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Just hit two Best Buys in San Diego. Both are still ringing their games up at full price. However, the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Collectors Edition has had it's price dropped to $30. Sadly, they only have the PS3 version in stock.[/QUOTE]

Which location? I want to try it, but I'm sure it's still normal price. I never get these sales. Always against me.

anyone think sains row the third will go below $50? My store has a bunch at that price, but i dont really think its worth that much. I hear a lot of you guys are having 20% off the sale price, but i dont think mine is doing that

^_^x KD

bread's done
Back