Bestbuy.com Account Banned?

Sindur

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hey guys just wondering if anyone with experience knows if my account on bestbuy.com is banned if I keep getting a "There was an issue while processing your order" message every time I try to place an order there?

If you ever placed duplicate orders over the past year, then yes. Best Buy has started cracking down on quantity limit restrictions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I was able to place an order for online over the phone so I guess I'm not banned.

I'm still not able to place an order myself online, so I don't really know what's going on.

Just because a phone rep was able to get the order to go through doesn't mean your account is fine. If you're paying with a CC/Bank Card and you know your entered the billing information correctly and orders won't go through or IMMEDIATELY get cancelled your account has been flagged and is no longer good.

If you're trying to check out with a Gift Card the error could be with there site as they've had problems processing gift cards for quite some time now. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

However I do know that if they limit something to 1, 3, etc. and you use the same account to place multiple orders back to back to back to back, etc. then there is a good chance your account will be banned.

The other guarantee is that if you try to mess with their bundle policy (i.e. buy something that comes bundled with something else and send the free item to one store, pick it up, send the paid item to another and try to cancel it or let it time out so you get one item free or reduced [depending on the terms of the bundle]) they will ban for that as well.

Late to the party, but I don't believe its your bestbuy.com account itself that is flagged. It's the 3rd party step where orders get verified by some other company where the problem is.

So anything associated with your name/address/CC will be flagged on the 3rd party end, even if its with a new BB account.

If you can bypass the address check, your original BB account will work - aka in-store pickup with Paypal payment.

bread's done
Back