Bestbuy.com Buy2 select next gen games and get third Free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to wait until tomorrow, but you should be able to get the adjustment then. Might want to wait and order rather than retroactively adjust it, since they might say it’s part of a bundle ... but who knows.
Ran into the same issue. Cancelled the order and re-order, making sure Cyberpunk was $0 and Assassin's creed and Immortals was 59.99. I then had success getting chat to price match both games to Walmart.com.

Best Buy decided to ship my games via OnTrac, there's no way I'm getting them on time. They are the worst. Cyberpunk has already changed to be expected 12/11, I'm guessing they won't come until next week. They are notorious for just marking it delivered and then delivering like 1-2 weeks later

I live in Ohio and my Cyberpunk shipped from California... shows expected delivery Wednesday next week. I understand the world we live in, but there was no closer option than California?

I was gonna wait for the os5 disc version of cyberpunk. But Warhammer chaos bane looks awesome im just not sure for a 3rd game, the pathless, or wrc maybe?

Wondering if anyone can relate to this experience, or if Tyrok might be able to explain what is so difficult here...

So, I got the Ori Switch releases with the B1G150% deal, and chose store pickup. The sequel was ready the night before release, while the first game never updated.

I check inventory online before driving over, and every store in town but my pickup location has the game available. Very odd.

I get there, go to the gaming section, and spot the game in a lockup cage in the department. Tell an associate, who walks it up front to the guy doing pickup orders.

So, the picker can't get it to scan out for the reason I already gave the initial associate, given that I work in retail management myself and it isn't hard to deduce - the game has not been received into their inventory yet.

I'm given the option of canceling the order and re-ringing, which I don't really feel like taking the time to do because of the promo and the two rewards certs I used - it's just less of a hassle for both parties, I figure, so I'm polite and agree to come back later; I'm told to give them a few hours, and come back when I get my email that it's ready.

That was Tuesday. No update whatsoever on Wednesday. I try online chat, as calling the store was fruitless (on hold for half an hour before hanging up) to explain what's going on, and they say that they don't have any copies and that they could cancel my order if I wish. I just told then no thanks, I'll try back today.

What I don't get, is how hard is it to just go grab the batch of Ori, and get whatever computer or scanner is needed, and receive them so they show up in physical inventory and thus my order can be completed? I could change the pickup location, sure, but this is the closest store, and they already have the other title pulled and being held.

At this point I've wasted a trip to the store and roughly 20 minutes of waiting just to be told it's easier if I come back, which wasn't so bad. Then, half an hour on hold with no answer, and half an hour wasted chatting with an online rep, and now nearly 48 hours since my initial visit to the store with no update.

I know it's a crazy year, a crazy time of of year, and it's just two relatively inexpensive games...but what am I missing? If anything, the associates in store were probably shocked at how calm, cool and polite I was about it all - like I said, I work in retail so I get it. Just seems a little ridiculous...just receive the product, and it's done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to price match Cyberpunk 2077 and Immortals to get those for $49.94. Ended up getting Cyberpunk, Immortals, and The Pathless for about $100. Pretty good deal at $33 a pop and got the $10 bonus for Cyberpunk and steelbook. 

It’s even worse when they put it on a paper case for collectors editions. Echoes of Valentia comes to mind.
They did it to my Cyberpunk CE- they put on one and took off and got a nice rip on it. And then they put on another one somewhere else.

A store in my area is good about the stickers on CEs and paper covers. They will just barely peel back the corner of the sticker just enough to attach it to the case/box. Never leaves any residue. But definitely have had that issue in the past.

Thanks for the heads up on this, grabbed Cyberpunk PS4, Warhammer, and MK 11 PS5. Got the $10 cert for WH, HBO Max 15 days, steelbook for CP2077, used my $5 cert, and got $10 off with price match on MK 11 from Amazon. Whew! That was some work to save a few bucks haha.

Now hurry up and release a true PS5 patch CD Projekt!!!!!!

Looks like Amazon bumped the PS4 ver up to $59 while Xbox one ver dropped to $49. I was able to price match the PS4 ver via Bestbuy's chat support earlier this morning before the price change. They told me they generally only PM 1 identical item only, but this time the guy let it slide.

I got credited back $20 total for 2 PS4 Cyber punks and 1 Xbox ver. Plus extra $10 in rewards cert and the bonus steelbook, can't complain with the B2G1 promo!

I hate it when they stick that damn sticker at the front of a game that has a slipcover. I removed it carefully and a tiny part was ripped off as it was attached to the sticker like hell. Amazing

Does anyone know what happens if you exchange one of the games? I bought Immortal as part of this deal, but second guessing before opening. It was not the zero cost game. Will they let me exchange it? Will I be limited to the games in the promo? Or will in store just do an exchange for whatever?

Wondering if anyone can relate to this experience, or if Tyrok might be able to explain what is so difficult here...

So, I got the Ori Switch releases with the B1G150% deal, and chose store pickup. The sequel was ready the night before release, while the first game never updated.

I check inventory online before driving over, and every store in town but my pickup location has the game available. Very odd.

I get there, go to the gaming section, and spot the game in a lockup cage in the department. Tell an associate, who walks it up front to the guy doing pickup orders.

So, the picker can't get it to scan out for the reason I already gave the initial associate, given that I work in retail management myself and it isn't hard to deduce - the game has not been received into their inventory yet.

I'm given the option of canceling the order and re-ringing, which I don't really feel like taking the time to do because of the promo and the two rewards certs I used - it's just less of a hassle for both parties, I figure, so I'm polite and agree to come back later; I'm told to give them a few hours, and come back when I get my email that it's ready.

That was Tuesday. No update whatsoever on Wednesday. I try online chat, as calling the store was fruitless (on hold for half an hour before hanging up) to explain what's going on, and they say that they don't have any copies and that they could cancel my order if I wish. I just told then no thanks, I'll try back today.

What I don't get, is how hard is it to just go grab the batch of Ori, and get whatever computer or scanner is needed, and receive them so they show up in physical inventory and thus my order can be completed? I could change the pickup location, sure, but this is the closest store, and they already have the other title pulled and being held.

At this point I've wasted a trip to the store and roughly 20 minutes of waiting just to be told it's easier if I come back, which wasn't so bad. Then, half an hour on hold with no answer, and half an hour wasted chatting with an online rep, and now nearly 48 hours since my initial visit to the store with no update.

I know it's a crazy year, a crazy time of of year, and it's just two relatively inexpensive games...but what am I missing? If anything, the associates in store were probably shocked at how calm, cool and polite I was about it all - like I said, I work in retail so I get it. Just seems a little ridiculous...just receive the product, and it's done.
Yes, sounds like the order is in limbo because they let you make it based on stock they expected that the store would have already scanned in by this point. Not really something that's just going to fix itself until someone buys a copy and they notice the total is now -1.

Does anyone know what happens if you exchange one of the games? I bought Immortal as part of this deal, but second guessing before opening. It was not the zero cost game. Will they let me exchange it? Will I be limited to the games in the promo? Or will in store just do an exchange for whatever?
Quoting myself for a bump

This one worked out great for me. Cyberpunk (price match and preorder bonus) + Immortals (price match) + free Pathless. Got gifts of COD (price match) and free Fifa, net myself a copy of DMC5 in the process. Saved $30 in price matching while still getting 2 free games.

If anyone got immortals in their B2G1 order I was just able to price match it for $39.99 as it's a deal of the day today at best buy. Makes this deal even more amazing, ended up with cyberpunk (steel book and $10 bonus), immortals, and the pathless for $89.98.

How do you return all 3 games at once online? Can you only do it once game at a time, meaning I'll have 3x packages? 

I'm annoyed BB promised a Dec 10th delivery and on the 12th, updated the delivery date to today (and they were actually delivered). I want to return games (esp since it seems like Cyberpunk 2077 runs like ass on the last gen console) to their warehouse so they eat the return shipping costs for the BS delivery date. 

How do you return all 3 games at once online? Can you only do it once game at a time, meaning I'll have 3x packages?

I'm annoyed BB promised a Dec 10th delivery and on the 12th, updated the delivery date to today (and they were actually delivered). I want to return games (esp since it seems like Cyberpunk 2077 runs like ass on the last gen console) to their warehouse so they eat the return shipping costs for the BS delivery date.

I'll give the stores the benefit if the doubt. The shipping companies are overwhelmed right now and promising dates they cannot meet.

Currently reaching out to the live chat. I got Mortal Kombat AND Immortals, so thats a $40 difference there lol

EDIT: Guy said both were eligible to price match, waiting to hear back

EDIT 2: Said it was processed and sent me a case ID, waiting to get an email or see it reflect on my Order Details

EDIT 3: Just got two emails for 21.40 credits being applied to the order. Pretty damn happy they didn't even say anything about Cyberpunk still being free, plus getting the Steelbook and $10 credit ontop of it

Glad I checked this thread. Just got $21 back just for MK11, which almost seems wrong to me but I'll take what I can get. This ended up being a great deal.

So I ordered 2 copies Cyberpunk on PS4 and 1 cyberpunk on Xbox for this promo. Only problem is 1 of the PS4 copies arrived kinda beat up in the corner.

I've never done exchanges with Buy2get1 promos. Would exchanging 1 copy in store for a replacement charge me full price for all 3 games?

The deal that keeps on giving. If you bought immortals fenyx rising as one of your paid games it is now down to $29.99 on best buys website and was able to get a price adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back