Bestbuy.com Cancelling Orders

HenDoggy

CAGiversary!
So for some reason bestbuy.com keeps cancelling my orders. I tried to call them for a resolution but it seems that they are keeping quiet on what the issue is and telling me to go to my local store to order. After checking the bestbuy forums this seems to be a widespread issue. I thought it would be helpful to have a thread for others who might be experiencing the same issue to discuss why this is happening. Do you guys think this is just them banning us? Not sure as they would not explain why this is happening.

Never had this happen in mah life.

Just made an order earlier and it's getting ready to ship now, so no problems on my end.

And have you done anything that might be reason to have you banned?

Sounds like a .com ban.

Most .com websites (Amazon, GS, Best Buy, Walmart) will not tell you exactly why you were banned and try to put it off as a billing error or some other excuse.

You could have been banned for many reasons (multiple orders in a short period of time for an item that is restricted to "one" or too many returns) but I would guess they are cracking down.

Just a thought though

Sounds like a .com ban.

Most .com websites (Amazon, GS, Best Buy, Walmart) will not tell you exactly why you were banned and try to put it off as a billing error or some other excuse.

You could have been banned for many reasons (multiple orders in a short period of time for an item that is restricted to "one" or too many returns) but I would guess they are cracking down.

Just a thought though
Isn't there a company (or companies) that actually specializes in this? They look at customer records from retailers and then ban, or cross ban, the abusive ones.

But with regards to BBY, I think BBY is actually having some technical issues with their site. Some items that are OoS are showing up as in stock but then cancelled because they're actually not in stock.

Hmm I did order a couple of those $50 giftcards online when they where giving out free $10 giftcards last year, so maybe its that reason. But I was still able to complete orders up until march of this year so i don't think its that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a .com ban.

Just a thought though
GBAstar got it right. you are ban from .com purchase.most likely because multiple orders in a short period of time flagged you as reseller. They typically ban the credit card, address and account you using. They don't tell you are banned is because they don't want to be sue by you for discrmination.

bread's done
Back