Bestbuy.com Free XBOX game when you buy two

kzoghbi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
"Get the most out of your original Xbox with some cool new games, and save, with this special offer. Just grab any two Xbox games and a third title is free."

It is good also in Preorders

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat88700050018

Retail Sucks in Page 3 posted a list with 19.99 and 29.99 titles. These are the titles that could be used with this deal. Credit goes to Retail Sucks:

$19.99

KOTOR 2
X-Men Legends
Project: Snowblind
The Suffering: Ties That Bind
Destroy All Humans! $19.99
Grand Theft Auto III & Vice City Double Pack
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Ghost Recon 2
Ghost Recon 2 Summit Strike
Capcom Classic Collection
Jade Empire Limited Edition
Half-life 2
Conker Live and Reloaded
Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 3.
Morrowind GOTY Edition:
Lego Star Wars:
Serious Sam II:
Total Overdose:
Unreal Championship 2:
Heroes of The Pacific
From Russia With Love
Ultimate Spiderman

$29.99
PainKiller: Hell Wars ("Pre-order")
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Critical Hour
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down - Xbox
Far Cry: Instincts
Far Cry: Evolution
America's Army: Rise of a Soldier
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood

"Excludes Xbox 360 and Xbox Platinum Hits titles. Three games must be in your cart to qualify for this offer. Savings will be reflected in your cart. Shipping charge applies to the free item."

Lame!

Highlights (pretty much everything under $19.99 is crap):

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat02121&id=1110267376383

Grand Theft Auto III & Vice City Double Pack $19.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat02121&id=1055388023777

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas $19.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat02121&id=1122655461192

Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse $19.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat02121&id=1127507990409

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection $19.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat02121&id=1093469635026

Jade Empire Limited Edition $19.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat02123&id=1110265594725

You can probably get some Platinum Hits as long as the website doesn't show them as Platinum Hits.

Morrowind GOTY Edition, Chronicles of Riddick, Destroy All Human, all Platinum Hits, but the website doesn't show them, so sounds like it works.

I don't see why it should exclude any of the Platinum hits. If it's scared of losing money b/c someone could get 2 $19.99 games and then a $49.99 for free, just set it up so it checks at the cashier to make the cheapest one free.

Thanks OP for finding this.

Here is the fine print on the offer:

For a limited time, buy 2 select original Xbox titles at regular price and get a 3rd of equal or lesser value free. Excludes Xbox 360 and Xbox Platinum Hits titles. All three games must be in your cart to receive the offer. Offer will be reflected in your cart when these promotional requirements are met. If you remove any of the promotional items from your cart or cancel all or part of your order, you will not receive the offer. All items must ship to a single mailing address. Best Buy's Return Policy on free items applies to this offer. Offer subject to change. Not valid in combination with other offers. Shipping charge applies to free item.

Offer ends 4/29/06.

I ordered Stubbs on Friday, and I'm thinking about reordering it along with Lego Star Wars and a I'm not for sure what the 3rd game would be. If I go to return an online order to a bestbuy store, do I receive a refund on the shipping as well or is that deducted from the total price?

Heroes of The Pacific & From Russia With Love xbox are for $19.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7487739&type=product&id=1126592075250

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7245171&type=product&productCategoryId=cat02126

If "consumers" were willing to spend $29.99 for each for two of these games, they could pick up one of them for free in any combination:

Pain Killer: Hell Wars ("Pre-order")

Oh, and my luck, they had to take Doom 3 RoE off during this sale.....:cry:

Some of these only ok for filler as probably not the best, but not horrible:

Forza Motorsport, Chaos Theory (if you didn't already get it cheaper), Robotech: Invasion, Ghost Recon 2, MechAssault 2, Knights of the Old Republic 2, Fable, quite a few others at $19.99. Since many of these haven't already been covered in this thread, perhaps a reason why that I'm missing?

[quote name='seanr1221']Before I go order this, you can do store pick up with no problems right?[/QUOTE]

No problems? I've never had good luck, but it has been a few years since I tried. Unless you have a bunch near you and don't mind driving around, the ones you want may not all be in stock.

It was $ 5.97 for ground shipping. I picked up Chronicles of Riddick, Morrowind GOTY, and Brothers in Arms the total was 49.80 after tax and shipping. Thinking about ordering Stubbs, GTA San Andreas, and either Street Fighter Anniversary collection, or Conker Live and Reloaded in a seperate order since they would only let me order 3 games at once.

[quote name='turls']No problems? I've never had good luck, but it has been a few years since I tried. Unless you have a bunch near you and don't mind driving around, the ones you want may not all be in stock.[/quote]

Store pickup = purchase from the website, choosing to pick the games up from a specific BB (or more than one, depending on availability) that has the item in-stock. It does not mean drive around from BB to BB trying to find the games you want, only to find out at the checkout that it was an online-only offer.

seanr1221, you shouldn't have any problems with store pickup.

Grabbed X-Men Legends II, Lego Star Wars, and Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows for $50 plus shipping.

I didn't see Gauntlet in the alphabetical list of games, had to search for it. It's $29.99 - one of the first places to drop the price. I've been waiting on a price drop, I like short hack-and-slash action games so the complaints of "mindless" and "too short" are no problem to me.

Oh, also I didn't see people here mention Ninja Gaiden Black. It's on the sale and in stock.

[quote name='King of Swing']Grabbed Stubbs, Street Fighter Anniversary, and Capcom Classics. My Xbox collection is just about finished.[/QUOTE]

mine too.. and why the hell hasn't SW battlefront 2 drop in price yet? wasn't it out in Sept/Oct.. should have hit at least 30 by now..

[quote name='urzishra14']mine too.. and why the hell hasn't SW battlefront 2 drop in price yet? wasn't it out in Sept/Oct.. should have hit at least 30 by now..[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the same. Hell, it and BF2 came out at around the same time, and BF2 is $29.99, and was $19.99 during that last Sears.com "sale", plus there are a lot of good games in the sale for $29.99, even PainKiller as a pre-order.

Thinking abotu doing this, I do have a TON of games I havn't played yet but this is a really good deal. Thinking abotu STubbs, Star Wars Lego and Half-Life 2... we will see. How long is this offer on till?

[quote name='bingbangboom']Thinking abotu doing this, I do have a TON of games I havn't played yet but this is a really good deal. Thinking abotu STubbs, Star Wars Lego and Half-Life 2... we will see. How long is this offer on till?[/quote]

The offer expires 4/29, I was going to get DOA Ultimate as my free game but they're selling it for $30.

I'm not jumping on this deal (Too many freakin' bills) but I did notice that the Suffering Ties That Bind is $20. Maybe someone here would be interested.....

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Why are people focusing on the $19.99 games?

Doesn't this deal apply for the $49.99 games, too?[/quote] It's any games, though we're being cheapasses to the core. Me, I'd rather drop $40 + tax @ BB for three games right now, than spend $100 on three games that'll end up being less in time.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's any games, though we're being cheapasses to the core. Me, I'd rather drop $40 + tax @ BB for three games right now, than spend $100 on three games that'll end up being less in time.[/QUOTE]

BINGO....................

I would go with three $29.99 games, $71 total, $23.67 each, since it will be a while before I get a 360, if I had the extra cash.

Pain Killer: Hell Wars (pre-order)
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down

[quote name='seanr1221']Before I go order this, you can do store pick up with no problems right?[/QUOTE]

Well they may give you a full body cavity seach but I don't know about you but that's NEVER a problem.

$19.99

KOTOR 2
X-Men Legends
Project: Snowblind
The Suffering: Ties That Bind
Grand Theft Auto III & Vice City Double Pack
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Ghost Recon 2
Ghost Recon 2 Summit Strike
Capcom Classic Collection
Jade Empire Limited Edition
Half-life 2
Conker Live and Reloaded
Ninja Gaiden: Black
Morrowind GOTY Edition:
Lego Star Wars:
Serious Sam II:
Total Overdose:
Unreal Championship 2:
Heroes of The Pacific
From Russia With Love
Ultimate Spiderman

$29.99
PainKiller: Hell Wars ("Pre-order")

[quote name='guessed']Store pickup = purchase from the website, choosing to pick the games up from a specific BB (or more than one, depending on availability) that has the item in-stock. It does not mean drive around from BB to BB trying to find the games you want, only to find out at the checkout that it was an online-only offer.[/QUOTE]

Yes you will be driving around if one BB doesn't have all the games you want in stock, which has been my experience every time with one of these.

And yes, I've gotten order confirmations, credit card charged, and gone to the store (45 miles from me) and there is no item to be found. So YMMV.

I don't think so--$39.99.

[quote name='retail sucks']These really need be listed in the original posters thread:

$19.99

Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 3.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='turls']I don't think so--$39.99.[/QUOTE]

My bad, your right, I was just zoooming through the already listed games for this deal, and when I saw evo t rex post with it named I ws thinking $19.99, So scratch Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 3 off at that "price".

Also, didn't someone mention Ninja Gaiden: Black as a $19.99 game?

I went Pac-Man World 3, Fantastic 4 and King Authur for my freebee. None of these were available for Instore Pickup, I have to eat 5.97 in shipping, but worth it IMHO. What I hate is the sales tax...I'm declaring myself a church!!!!

[quote name='spideymike']It's a little annoying that Stubbs isn't available for in-store pick-up. WTF?[/quote]

There weren't that many copies before this deal. I remember seeing 2 copies in the BB closest to me.

bread's done
Back