BestBuy.com Hyrule Warriors Wii U, Super Mario 3D World $51.99/41.59 with GCU

jedifrog21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey everyone,  just saw this today.  Best Buy has Hyrule Warriors and also Super Mario 3D World for the Wii U on sale for $51.99 each,  which comes out to around $41.59 with GCU.  This price is ONLY online,  so please note if you try to pricematch in store you will lose the GCU discount as price matches and GCU don't stack. I've seen them on Amazon for around $52 before,  but obviously with GCU it's a much better price

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hyrule-warriors-nintendo-wii-u/7364129.p?id=1219267476507&skuId=7364129

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/super-mario-3d-world-nintendo-wii-u/8628047.p?id=1218879426983&skuId=8628047

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to try HW...not paying $40 for something I know I'd eventually get bored of (such is Dynasty Warriors gameplay). Come on Nintendo at least give me a demo lol.

Any chance this will reach $30? I'll pay around$20 w/ gcu and that's it.

Ugh, not worth the hassle then for what'd be like 8 bucks or so. Ironically I was sitting on the cert till the last minute hoping for a sale on this, bit before the cert expired, and then it went on sale lol. Ah well, thanks for the info!
The welcoming coupon for $5 off a game? If this is an online-only sale and the coupon can only be used in stores it doesn't matter right? Correct me if I'm wrong but these games are still full price ($60) in-store so it's kind of a toss up either way tho with GCU you'd get it down to like..48-50 and with the coupon maybe $45 at best? This is no more than a $40 game to me, or is it really that good?

I wouldn't risk it. So many Wii U games are starting to disappear and sell for full retail or more. I predict these two games you mentioned will go that route too.
Especially compounded by the fact they have the retail games on the eshop, not likely to see additional print runs unless its Mario (though DK is still getting reprinted it seems).

Even the retail version of Wii Sports Club (which you think would be one of Nintendo's flagship titles to keep stocked in stores) disappeared so quickly (in about 6 months or so).

Hey guys, how long does it take to get the GCU discount if you sign up today? I'd like to get in on this. Any input is appreciated :)

Just received my copy of hyrule warriors from best buy and it didn't come with a club nintendo code. Just a heads up
Really? I bought it for both the code, and to keep for later play in the collection. If it doesn't come with the code, that really sucks. Anybody else reporting the same issue? I am still waiting for mines to ship.

Mine came today, and it indeed came with a Club Nintendo code on the back of the cover art insert. Be sure to check there, but it has been reported and confirmed elsewhere that some people's copies are blank on the back of the cover art so it is true as the poster above states.

My BB didn't have a Hyrule Warrior's guide nor a Majora's Mask hardcover. Guess I'm SoL on using this coupon for something I actually want. Suppose there's always the one for $5 off, got a few weeks on that yet to decide what to use it on. Captain Toad is probably still $40 down to $30 with discounts.

Hmm, dang, and the MM guide looks great. Sad day.

Thanks OP. Was able to price match Hyrule in store with GCU and added the $5 off coupon.
Manager was cool price over riding it down to $36 and I used $20 in certs to get it for $17!

Got my Hyrule Warriors in yesterday, came with a CN code on the back of the cover art. WINNING!

bread's done
Back