BestBuy.com John Adams Blu-ray $24.99 (Amazon has matched!)

[quote name='mcdaking84']how is the show? worth a blind buy?[/QUOTE]

Most HBO shows/miniseries are worth a blind buy, especially at a price this good.

This show is pretty good. Lots of interesting things that I didn't know about the founding fathers.

I loved this series. I'm buying it again to watch on blu-ray, since you can't beat this price. Hopefully, Amazon will match it so we don't have to pay the tax.

Already got this and watched it on DVD and am still tempted to get the Blu, the show is absolutely fantastic..

Seems like a typo, though, isn't it in the ad for $42.99?

[quote name='Justin42']Already got this and watched it on DVD and am still tempted to get the Blu, the show is absolutely fantastic..

Seems like a typo, though, isn't it in the ad for $42.99?[/QUOTE]

True Blood is listed as $42.99 in the ad underneath the DVD version. John Adams dvd is listed right next to True Blood but there is not a price listed undernearth it for the blu ray version.

[quote name='zenintrude']On one hand, it's HBO, which I love. On the other hand, it's a stuffy historical drama, which I usually find horribly boring.

Decisions!!![/QUOTE]

yeah i have been debating about this for the 24 hours. Not really my type of show but great price!!

I'm really debating it... HBO stuff is usually really good and History has always been my favorite subject,fan of Giamatti ... Hmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PuertoRock33']I'm really debating it... HBO stuff is usually really good and History has always been my favorite subject,fan of Giamatti ... Hmmm[/QUOTE]

Gosh, I haven't picked mine up from BB yet, but the fact that an HBO series is less than the MSRP of a standard Blu-Ray movie release should be good enough!

[quote name='icarwngs55']Any chance of Amazon.com matching/beating this price???[/QUOTE]

I was hoping for the same thing. There's not one near me and tax + shipping hurts my poor unemployed wallet. It's still 15 below Amazon though shipped so I might break. I love these HBO miniseries.

Found one at the local Best Buy even though they said they were out of stock. Been looking for this cheap for a while.

Thanks OP!

Blind Buy here too.

Also blind bought The Wire complete series and Band of Brothers on Blu-Ray last year, and those turned out to be great blind-buys. I also blind bought "Extras" the complete series, dont really like it. Blind Bought True Blood, and that was worth it.

Hmm..its no longer available for in store pick up..??
Even though shipping is free for Silver Members, I would still like to pick it up in store =)

Wanted to pick this up, but it's no longer available to pick up at the Store. Maybe I'll drive over to the local one here while I'm in PHX.

Great find, OP.

Looks like Amazon price matched this, so if anyone is thinking about bundling it with other products (and saving on shipping), now's your chance.

bread's done
Back